Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (28)
»  goron
Guests (120)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

AP:RM Feedback

Moderator:  RacerFXX

Advertisement from Google 

AP:RM Feedback

Postby  RacerFXX » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:03 am

Would be nice if you guys can give me a bit of feedback for the now finished Aspiring pro tournament.

Would be also nice to have some feedback regarding the X-Patch. How did you like the changes on the Civilisations, also on the general gameplay and also the changes on the "standart" map pool.

Would be really nice if some of you would share your opinions and experiences you made during the tournament. :)
 RacerFXX

Re: AP:RM Feedback

Postby  Chatusilis_III » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:14 am

Hi Razor. Thanks for doing this tournament. I couldn´t see the difference between X-patch and normal games - I guess I´m still too low to recognize it. And all the players were still taking the same civs as before. The tournament ran smooth, especially after the group stage everybody was scheduling on time.
 Chatusilis_III

Postby  SiFly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks for the great tournament.

The X-patch is the best thing that happened for FR in a long time. I don't really care for balance changes in the civs, but the small nerfs for the top tier civs seems to still keep them as top tier and it are luckily just small changes.

A lot of maps in FR are actually playable now, first of all fixed fish distribution is great, no more games determined by being really lucky or unlucky with random fish. No more weird additional islands behind your main islands in islands/archi. Maps like crater lake are actually fine now, which I tried to display in the final.

Salt marsh feels a bit like Scandinavia 2 now with fixed fish on both sides, but imo the large ice patches on the sides can be reduced/changed since it still ends up in unfair fish.

About the settings, first strange part in the settings is RF as game 5 in semifinals, but not allowing it as homemap? In addition, the earlier rounds seems to be about showing the fixed maps with X-patch, as far as I noticed arabia didn't really change but ended up being g1 in semi/finals. But overall great settings to show the fixed maps with X-patch.
 SiFly

Postby  ChristheCo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:01 am

I already gave you feedback about problem in group stage, that you ignored, so i will not try one more time..
VEM_MONSTRO: 1seg finish my milk
L_Clan_Cabron: d!ck milk?
VEM_MONSTRO: yes
VEM_MONSTRO: very good
L_Clan_Cabron: yummy
L_Clan_Cabron: i like it too
L_Clan_Cabron: to much protein

TUR __MbL__ Feudal age time: 00:34:56
 ChristheCo

Postby  nimanoe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:41 pm

I didn't notice a lot of differences with X-Patch, except for the fish distribution, which seems to be way more fair, I don't think I've played a map with water without having at least 1 deep fish, so that's great.

I really liked the settings for this tournament, Blind Random and Full Random are really fun to play and I like that there was a lot of team random as well. Personally I would've liked more of those "mappacks" for later stages as well instead of the set maps.

Black Forest looks really different now with X-Patch, but it seems way more fair (for 1v1 at least), but that's just based on 1 map.

About the civ changes: I think everybody still picked the same civs as before because they are used to it and know which strategies work with that civ (at least I picked them because of that).

Anyway, thanks a lot for organising Racer!
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1497 (44%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  AoCBalance » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to Racer for managing this event.

@civ changes

Considering this tournament was aimed at lower skilled players, the reaction from the players here sounds about right since the smaller changes most likely won't be noticed at this level. Not only that, but the patch was released in a way so to not drastically change the way the game is played, as too many changes become an extra deterrent to trying it.

@map changes

That's good to hear that most of the maps for 1v1 have been improved. Testing maps is one of the most difficult and tedious parts of balancing because of all the random factors involved. Osaigos7, the map scripter, did a great job at receiving feedback and fixing maps; so hats off to him :)

SiFly wrote:
Salt marsh feels a bit like Scandinavia 2 now with fixed fish on both sides, but imo the large ice patches on the sides can be reduced/changed since it still ends up in unfair fish.

It's a hard choice of either keeping the unfair water distribution of SM 1.0c or making each side have fair water. We couldn't think of a way to keep it as the old SM because marsh and fish are somewhat contradictory.

We got the same feedback previously about the marsh patches messing up fish distribution on the sides, but first we had to address a different concern about the fish distribution been different compared to the size of the map. Ex. 1v1 fish seemed fine, but in 2v2/3v3 it was mentioned there might not be enough.

nimanoe wrote:
Blind Random and Full Random are really fun to play

That was one of the motivations for fixing the maps as those settings are indeed enjoyable to play and yet rarely seen anymore in 1.0c.

Great feedback everyone 8-)
 AoCBalance

Postby  SiFly » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Small question,

Can we have a mod or mappack with these maps without other balance changes?
 SiFly

Return to Rules & Settings