Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

EGC #1: Strike the Balance

Gladiators of the Arena

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
»  robo
Members (40)
»  Ator
»  ebbu
»  HJFE
»  mrn
»  PaTiN
»  Poxo
»  Rupee
Guests (136)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

China 2017 Bull King Cup (牛魔王杯) Announcement

Main page news

Moderator: News posters

Advertisement from Google 

Re: China 2017 Bull King Cup (牛魔王杯) Announcement

Postby  nC_Andorin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm

@Ovenka 11 im excited.
@Dracont tell me the difference between other national tournaments "like the aussie open" you praise or the ones India etc have hosted and this one? Just because there is a bigger prizepool on the stake you suddenly act all salty because you can't be a part of it?
This isn't going to divide the community, if anything it will bring us together with the people getting to know the chinese players better , interviews , questions , streams etc.
No where did I state that you can't criticize the people who host such tournaments, feel free to do so, it's just the way you phrase your posts making statements like "That's really retarded how many Chinese only tournaments are there these days" instead of giving some constructive criticism.
Anyway take it easy my friend.
 nC_Andorin

Postby  Influenza » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:50 pm

13 Apr 2017, 15:23 GMT » nC_Andorin wrote:
@Dracont tell me the difference between other national tournaments "like the aussie open" you praise or the ones India etc have hosted and this one? Just because there is a bigger prizepool on the stake you suddenly act all salty because you can't be a part of it?

The difference is really obvious, I can't believe you don't see it. Now I'm going to write one page down explaining why this Chinese tournament is so much different from other national tournaments. I am interested in playing in this tournament, you didn't see me posting about the other tournaments because I didn't want to play. I like the settings of this tournament better so I want to play, nothing to do with money, just good settings that I want to play.

This isn't going to divide the community, if anything it will bring us together with the people getting to know the chinese players better , interviews , questions , streams etc.

How it's not going to divide the community? It will split the community EVEN MORE! Now there are new dividing lines to split up this community. We can now say one group of players are the ones playing in the Bull King Cup and there are another group who are not playing in the tournament! I can't believe you don't see this, it's so obvious.

No where did I state that you can't criticize the people who host such tournaments, feel free to do so, it's just the way you phrase your posts making statements like "That's really retarded how many Chinese only tournaments are there these days" instead of giving some constructive criticism.

Now you are just telling lies about me. Where I made this post? You and Influenza and metal and rest of this divided community just tell things bad about me that don't exist. If I wasn't here to defend myself people will start telling even bigger lies like I am not 2k player or something really obviously wrong like that. The only thing this retarded community is united with is making lies about me.

Anyway take it easy my friend.

This community is just full of idiots and morons. Aoczone posters can't even think. I'm done with posting here. If you want to send me message you can find me on voobly.com my account name is DracoNT just look for the account with rating 2k1+++++++++++, you won't find me again on this stupid forum.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Klaus the Conqueror » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I think Mr. F0rget hosts Chinese only tournaments mostly because of the lag caused by Chinese internet barrier and the time zone difference. He doesnt want his audience to wait for a game from midnight to dawn
I hope k4tsuni would live stream the tournament as 12GMT is ok for him
btw looking forward to the new nations cup
 Klaus the Conqueror

1602 (50%)

Postby  DraXieN » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 pm

@Influenza - :lol:
 DraXieN

Postby  Huehuecoyotl22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

This is just a small tournament lasting five weeks. The international tournaments are just much harder to organise and there might not be a match every evening Chinese time. These tournaments are: be available at the set time or no money.
There has been a lot of talk about international tournaments sponsored by Douyu TV last year, but it takes such a long time. I don't know why.
I don't know much about what goes on behind the scenes of big prized tournaments, but it is always a lot. I think everyone also wants to see players from other countries compete, but it's always up to the sponsors and organisers. The recent Chinese tournaments have all depended a lot on streaming, so the settings favour Doyou/Panda TV viewers.
 Huehuecoyotl22
Gameposter Master

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  JUDAS » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:40 pm

13 Apr 2017, 17:21 GMT » Huehuecoyotl22 wrote:
This is just a small tournament lasting five weeks. The international tournaments are just much harder to organise and there might not be a match every evening Chinese time. These tournaments are: be available at the set time or no money.
There has been a lot of talk about international tournaments sponsored by Douyu TV last year, but it takes such a long time. I don't know why.
I don't know much about what goes on behind the scenes of big prized tournaments, but it is always a lot. I think everyone also wants to see players from other countries compete, but it's always up to the sponsors and organisers. The recent Chinese tournaments have all depended a lot on streaming, so the settings favour Doyou/Panda TV viewers.

You dont have to give any explanation about why this isnt an international tournament, the Chinese community has a big sponsor to know who is the best player of its country, so lets invite a Czech player and Spring, lol really?
 JUDAS

Postby BMAPC187 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm

lmao so much discussion for a minor, national tournament, of which most of us won't even watch a single game.
BMAPC187

Re: China 2017 Red Bull Cup (牛魔王杯) Announcement

Postby  Nobody41 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm

13 Apr 2017, 08:35 GMT » Lanchi wrote:
Here is the 1st place trophy of Red Bull Cup

[Show] Spoiler:

No excel energy anymore? :(

Guess nili cant be spokesperson...
 Nobody41

Postby  _VG_F0rgeT » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm

13 Apr 2017, 15:50 GMT » Klaus the Conqueror wrote:
I think Mr. F0rget hosts Chinese only tournaments mostly because of the lag caused by Chinese internet barrier and the time zone difference. He doesnt want his audience to wait for a game from midnight to dawn
I hope k4tsuni would live stream the tournament as 12GMT is ok for him

Almost so.
 _VG_F0rgeT

1799 (77%)

Postby  tresu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 am

LoveCheng or Yinghua's best known nick among the Chinese is Mr Bull (阿牛). During the last team tournament 'Who will rule the world', he played with the nick of Warlord (魔王). Combining the two, we have 牛魔王 which is a well known Chinese mythical figure. This tournament was named as tribute to LoveCheng who is involved and possibly contribute partially to the tournament prize money, although he seems not keen to get this publicized. I got this impression from some of the comments dropped in the Chinese Diguo forum by the players. VG Forget also contributed to the prize money from his streaming revenues.

Lovecheng seems to be the bridge between the factions among the Chinese players. He is able to play among different clans of players and always there is so much laughters heard from the streams and team speak.

Douyu TV seems to have disappointed the Chinese players in late payments of prize money from the previous team tournament, and the Chinese have to resort to public donation for funding of current tournament. Apparently some international players also experienced delayed payments from previous tournament. I remember reading about the accusations against Taff and how some players came out to explain that Taff even paid on behalf of the sponsor for the Maldives tournament. It is not easy to organise tournament, not to mention the problems when sponsors not honouring their pledge in time. It can become a thankless job. So the least we can do when a tournament is being organised is to appreciate it.
 tresu

PreviousNext

Return to Home