originally posted on RusAoC.ru
Author`s note: "pusyywood_ver2a", adds small trees and palms not included in original pussywood. If you find any errors, please report them to me (preferably with screenshots).
Info: Replaces original tree graphics with smaller images, providing much better overview of the map (easier to see units/buildings behind the woods) for easier playing. Maybe some won`t like it because it ruins the "feeling" a bit, making trees almost the same height as villagers. Many of the best players use this "mod" (modification) for improving their play, while some may find it a form of cheating (though it`s fully allowed to be used on tournaments).
Preview (click to enlarge):
Download (46.7 MB):
http://www.ziddu.com/download/20273857/ ... a.zip.html
http://download.express-files.com/?q=%7 ... ubwmid=411
Thanks to Katsuni for reuploading
How to install:
- Go to your "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA" folder (it may vary, depending where you`ve installed the game), and rename the file "graphics.drs" to "graphics.drs.bak" (so we don`t overwrite the original file).
- Unpack the file you downloaded ("small_trees_v2a.zip"), and copy the file inside ("graphics.drs") to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA".
That`s all If you want to switch back to original tree graphics, just delete the file "graphics.drs", and rename "graphics.drs.bak" back to "graphics.drs".
- Version 2a:
- All tree models were redrawn with the new algorithm. But the difference is minimal and difficult to notice.
- Shadows have been improved and thei positioning corrected. Shadows of "forest trees" have been reduced (fixed bug in version 2).
- Vertical positioning of some trees has been fixed (some trees were "hanging" in the air).
- Bug with mills and TCs was fixed.
- Models and shadows of "forest trees", "palm trees" and "snow trees" were also reduced.
- Models and shadows of trees were reduced.