Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

RageQuit Arabia Detail & Sign Ups!

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

RageQuit Arabia Detail & Sign Ups!

Postby  NerdRageQuit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Prepare for an AoE experience unlike any you have seen before!
---Tournament hosted by NerdRageQuit and map script by HenkDaSuperNerd---

All of the matches for this tournament will be streamed from https://www.twitch.tv/nerdragequit.

Feel free to join my discord for regular announcements/updates: https://discord.gg/PVdMXE7

Hello everyone!
I am so excited to finally announce the next NerdRageQuit tournament! I am calling it RageQuit Arabia and for good reason!

I have partnered with HenkDeSuperNerd, the creator of the Random_Everything map script and we are creating an exclusive and unique map script for this tournament.

The map script for “RageQuit Arabia” has the framework of a typical Arabia map but with dozen of small to large changes that will truly live up to its title and make players want to RageQuit and push on to win at the same time!

My goal is that this tournament will appeal to the casual game who is ready for a fresh new spin on a classic map and the try hard professional ready to experiment with some new strategies!

I don’t want to share to much about the changes to this map quite yet. Just know, that Henk has worked his magic and implemented some pretty amazing changes and ideas into this map script. Many of the changes that were made have just recently become possible with user patch. No one will know what to expect, so everyone will be on the same page. But simply put, AoE players who are good at Arabia and who can adapt to difficult circumstances will typically do well in this tournament.

The tournament itself will not start for at least two weeks. We are still in the process of testing the map script and finding/fixing bugs. However, I would like to start making the bracket. I would like this tournament to be pretty large since it is a new map script and I think people are really going to enjoy it!

Tournament Details:
•The tournament will be hosted on Voobly, use the latest version of the Wololo Kingdoms mod and played on the map “RageQuit Arabia”.

•The tournament will be a 1v1 RM tournament with random civs.

•Currently there is not a prize pool, but I am hoping to get one together!

•The first several round of brackets will be BO3 | Quarter-Finals BO5 | Semi-Finals BO7 | Finals BO9.
The lengths for round was chosen to give players the opportunity to acclimate to the new map script and try new strategies.

Match Times:
•Matches will be played Monday/Friday at 18:00GMT - 6:00GMT & Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday at 24:00GMT - 6:00GMT.

Participation:
SIGN-UPS CLOSE 02/20/2018
•Being considered for participation is easy, all you have to do is leave a comment here or message me.
USE THIS FORMAT:
- Name:
- Highest Voobly Rating:
- Availability:

The cutoff is at 1600 rating lowest on your best Voobly profile. But if your interested, leave a comment regardless and you will be considered. :)

•Please note, you must be able to play at one of the times listed above, have the ability to play on Voobly and have the latest version of the Wololo Kingdoms mod to be considered for this tournament.

I am currently accepting donations from anyone who wants to add to the prize pool for this tournament. I will not be keeping any of the money as I am organizing this tournament for free. Everything that is donated will go directly to the winner. If you are interested in donating to the prize pool please contact me directly. Much appreciated!

CURRENT PARTICIPANTS (in no particular order):
Spring
Slamjam
Edie
Habbis
Klavskis
Jomenall
Smarthy_
BloodyNival
Alkhalim
Wildling_89
OLADUSHEK
Naruto
D3rp
AkeNo
Xhing
Frederik_sorensen
Juba
_Ornlu
Ajajp_Alejandro
Fasin
Chifuu
Poxo
Burunito
Last edited by  NerdRageQuit on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 23 times in total.
 NerdRageQuit

Re: Announcing RageQuit Arabia!

Postby  nimanoe » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Looks pretty nice, really looking forward what kind of crazy stuff Henk has added to the map this time :D

---Tournament hosted by NerdRageQuit and map script by HenkDaDuperNerd---

The tournament will be hosted on Voolby

small typo

Matches will be played Monday/Friday at 18GMT-2Thursday Tuesday-Friday atFS 24GMT - 6GMT.

Can you clarify this a bit please?
Do you have to be available at any of the ranges or all of them?
Also not exactly sure what the ranges are - is it Monday or Friday from 18-2GMT and Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 24-6 GMT?
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1513 (45%)

Postby  NerdRageQuit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Appreciate the proof read :)

Just need to be available to play at one of the times listed. I’ll try my best to accommodate but those are the times the tournament matches will be played. You are correct on the times. There are two different times on Friday. Plz post availability in your replies :)
 NerdRageQuit

Postby  Poxo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Please clarify the match times section. I do interpretate this:

"Thursday Tuesday-Friday atFS 24GMT - 6GMT" Makes no sense at all

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1876 (47%)

Postby  NerdRageQuit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks, fixed. Let me know if you still need clarification.
 NerdRageQuit

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Poxo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm

How long will teh tourney span for? (how many rounds do you expecto to have)

You should consider openning a sign up post for the purpose.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1876 (47%)

Postby  NerdRageQuit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am

I don’t have a set time for the tournament to end. I am not trying to get it done by. A certain time. It depends on how many people sign up honestly. I have about 10 so far.
 NerdRageQuit

Postby  GmanStreams » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 am

24GMT doesn exist, ask robo OMEGAKAPPA
 GmanStreams

Postby  robo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 am

SayWotDude
 robo

1712 (50%)

Re: RageQuit Arabia Detail & Sign Ups!

Postby  OLADUSHEK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:13 am