Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (32)
»  edie
»  GriN
»  Modri
»  toriC
Guests (77)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

My forward never works, please help.

Daily recorded games

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

My forward never works, please help.

Postby  CK_Wind_ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 am

Please tell me what I do wrong, I'm really angry because I sux this much...
Attachments
Use icon to link to single game from the pack (right click, copy link).
Use icon to download single game from the pack (.ZIP only, no folders inside).
Attachment: [CK_Wind_ vs potti] [Arabia Huns].zip
AoC Zone • RECORDED GAME
Single game Link this game
Downloaded 59 times
 CK_Wind_

Re: My forward never works, please help.

Postby  Richard » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:44 am

It is nice too see that more and more "please tell me my faults" posts appears from everyday players. :) I will watch and try to say you something, but Im 16+ too. :)

edit:
I watched it. You did OK. At 22 mins, before the final battle you had a nice advantage. You had more pop (54 vs 42 or so) and better eco. You lost, because you were too impatient. You attacked him where he had two towers and lost your whole army. You should have tryed to attack him from different directions. When the enemy towers himself, you cannot attack him with feudal army. In this case hurry to castle. You will be faster, because mining stone and building towers slows him.

But it is an opinion of a 16+. Some pros should correct me. :)
 Richard
AoFE developer

1627 (50%)

Postby  Funito » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah you was still winning after that big mistake. I think you did that because u didnt got an alternative plan. When you fwd you always need a plan (attacking somewhere were enemy will always lose, or dont let him pick some resource, going castle with eco advantage.. etc) and you have to think also what enemy would do to prevent it for not letting him do that. Well, if you have good micro enemy walling your buildings doing stable its impossible... if not just do tower back, but never let enemy wall your barrack if he is doing stable. At start vs scouts you always have big advantage in vill+ army war, you will always win with equal or better micro. I also think 23 pop with 5 vills aint very good, it only works vs stable. I think you copy that from goodboy but even goodboy with his supermicro has lot of trouble if enemy do skirms before him and with more pop.
 Funito
Top 1v1 player

2285 (60%)

Postby  CK_Wind_ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks a lot, Richard and Funito! :)

To Richard: Yeah, I was really very impatient, haha! I was with strong sensation I was in disadvantage, but now you make me see I was in truth with advantage, what I confirm with rg! Thx,I will try to be more patient next games, it's just I love combat so much I was bored, haha, thanks :).

To Funito: Yeah I copied it from jx_goodboy1 ^^. Thanks for the tips and the details you told me, very helpful, I will try to make it pop 21 next times and to make plan, and think more about what I can do when some scenarios happen, thanks :).
 CK_Wind_

Postby  Richard » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:08 am

18 Dec 2010, 10:00 GMT » CK_Wind_ wrote:
it's just I love combat so much I was bored, haha, thanks :).

It is the same for me. I often do this fault. And I also like to forward. Forward is cool. But we still need to use our brain when forwarding. :)
 Richard
AoFE developer

1627 (50%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  BaDWay2Go » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Well they covered some great points... but remember when doing a fwd the sneaky one (he did not know you went fwd) is very effective. His buildings happened to be nears yours and that just gave it away. Forcing you to have immediate contact and in front of his two hills. You placed your buildings in an obvious place so he did an immediate counter and placed a tower to wall ur buildings without struggle. Now the way you chose you have to fight to win and he sent u running back b/c he had so many villagers. I think you should have took the hill behind your range and rax; and tried to stop him from walling the back end, but ofc you had immediate contact... and that brings me to my point... Immediate contact fwds need very careful attention and good micro, whereas a sneaky fwd vs a player with open map doesn't really need much but an army to show up at the right time and do some damage and run.. if need be. Then switch to archers to properly slaughter villagers to death, quick and fast.

I think you were really set back building a range and rax again.... imagine u had three ranges to put to good use, and mining some gold 4 archers, you woulda gg'd him fast. Now considering the position you were in at minute 20.. you shoulda got 4 spears fast to accompany your skirms go to the right side of his map and press there...and stop him from getting stone, also you built stable and initially sent your scouts to fight a losing battle they were better off pressing him on his right side and stopping him from getting stone, but you insisted on going to his left which he walled off. He only had 4 villagers on wood at one point.... you can full fuedal economies like that and gg them fast. So you did enough damage on his right with that tower... you shoulda then focused on his left and stopping him from getting stone.. maybe you should mine stone at home and add some sneaky towers. You had the game though, gl!

Lastly when I say go to his right side you would have to go behind where he walled your buildings ^^
 BaDWay2Go

Postby  CK_Wind_ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks BaDWay2Go! Many very good points, thanks for it :)

PS: Right now I can't play in Voobly, I don't know why I get disconnected every 30 seconds, so I'm playing in brazilian irc server, my aim is to reach 17++ in huns war, thanks guys, I will keep training and maybe in future I can post some very hard win against very good player, thanks :)
 CK_Wind_

Postby  FeAge » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 am

mine don't work too so i rather do another strategy :)
 FeAge
Expert Player

1323 (34%)

Postby  eueueu3x » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 am

20 Dec 2010, 01:43 GMT » FeAge wrote:
mine don't work too so i rather do another strategy :)

11, but sometimes the map of the enemy says to you: "forward!" :d

I personally only forward when I have those maps with almost no wood and lots of lakes LOL
"The hero uses his extraordinary powers to help others, while the villain uses his powers for selfish, destructive or ruthless purposes"
 eueueu3x

Postby  rimu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 am

NC, i always lose to Wind, and i see in the rg how easily he is beaten! -.-

11 :P Wind :oops:
 rimu

1675 (53%)

Next

Return to Daily games