Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (35)
»  AkeNo
»  mma96
»  patao
»  pexi
»  sysen
»  Xtasy
Guests (79)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Recorded Games streaming

Moderators:  Carlos Ferdinand,  Genette,  Jaraldo

Advertisement from Google 

Recorded Games streaming

Postby  ImRiver » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi, I read the latest rules:

"Voobly.com does not allow commercial streamers to take recorded games of Voobly.com-hosted tournaments, sweepstakes, or other events and broadcast them in any Voobly.com game lobbies, game rooms, chat rooms, forums and web sites run by Voobly.com or publish them as videos on the internet."

I'm not a commercial streamer, is there any reason why I wasn't allowed broadcasting EGC matches today between DauT and Nicov? The main public that watches me doesn't understand english and so it doesn't watch vooblyofficial, even though I always highly recommend it. Also I always put link to info about this tourney and many people are asking me to stream the tourney and also make videos about learning balance patch, i thought the main reason for the tourney is to raise aware of the balance patch :/

If you want the 0.30 U$D i make per stream on youtube i have no problem in giving it to you 11 . I'm not complaining, If I'm not allowed I won't, just trying to understand the reasoning :)
Cheers!
Mejor Canal Youtube de AoC en Español, LEJOS:
https://www.youtube.com/serialageofempires
 ImRiver
RTSL Staff

2000 (56%)

Re: Recorded Games streaming

Postby  GmanStreams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:16 pm

ECG isnt a voobly event right? They just restricted streaming rules out of their own interest. These new voobly rules dont apply to them.
 GmanStreams

Postby  kw1k000000 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:22 pm

05 Apr 2017, 15:01 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
It is quite difficult not to get the impression that EGC is a voobly event, when everything that is put out there is branded with voobly and all tournament affiliated stuff is posted on an account called Voobly......
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1657 (56%)

Postby  Ghazna » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:32 pm

05 Apr 2017, 22:22 GMT » kw1k000000 wrote:
It is quite difficult not to get the impression that EGC is a voobly event, when everything that is put out there is branded with voobly and all tournament affiliated stuff is posted on an account called Voobly......

But IamTheRiver is a non-commercial streamer..
 Ghazna

Postby  kw1k000000 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:39 pm

05 Apr 2017, 22:32 GMT » Ghazna wrote:
  05 Apr 2017, 22:22 GMT » kw1k000000 wrote:

But IamTheRiver is a non-commercial streamer..

May be because he spent some nights in enemy trenches

He was part of EscapeAoe casting team.

-----

In the beginning of tournament Genette sent everyone who wanted to stream to Chris@Voobly about streaming of this tournament so it's hard to see how Voobly is not involved in this.
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1657 (56%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Carlos Ferdinand » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:40 pm

There is no restriction on streaming if you are not a commercial streamer as per this policy. Nothing prevents you from streaming as per the rules. This tournament uses the Voobly code of conduct as far as its streaming policy goes.
No_Re_I_Go_Eat_ says:
if u get 2k i break up with lavie

Carlos Ferdinand

1837 (51%)

Postby  ImRiver » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 am

oh good to know, because katsuni told me I couldnt stream when I asked him for the pwd :/
Mejor Canal Youtube de AoC en Español, LEJOS:
https://www.youtube.com/serialageofempires
 ImRiver
RTSL Staff

2000 (56%)

Postby  Lanchi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 am

05 Apr 2017, 22:40 GMT » Carlos Ferdinand wrote:
There is no restriction on streaming if you are not a commercial streamer as per this policy. Nothing prevents you from streaming as per the rules. This tournament uses the Voobly code of conduct as far as its streaming policy goes.

Wow, this mean some active caster, like Nili Memb et al, are also allowed to stream it?
 Lanchi

Postby  MembTV » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 am

05 Apr 2017, 22:40 GMT » Carlos Ferdinand wrote:

i got kicked by genette and katsuni, with 300 viewers on youtube(spanish), while chris@voobly told me i could stream, so what up with it? if someone has partner on twitch but then go to stream on other language, with youtube channel is commercial?

But then if someone do not have twitch, can go to stream with youtube? this really seem a fair policy and nothing personal against anyone, make really sense to me.
Enjoy with my streams there!!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/membtv
 MembTV

Postby BMAPC187 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:07 am

Genette is a tournament host*, and according to the new policy he can choose who streams and who doesn't.

*I think it was mentioned elsewhere that EGC is not a "Voobly.com-hosted tournament".

Memb you can still stream the records, this should be good enough for your viewers. You cannot become a "non-commercial" streamer, once you become commercial you will be commercial forever.
BMAPC187

Next

Return to General Discussion