Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (60)
»  _MbL_
»  ACCM
»  Fall
»  Janik
»  rmcoo
»  skull
»  Tuang
»  Zuppi
Guests (236)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

NC too longggggggg

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: NC too longggggggg

Postby  teutonic_tanks » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Well an invitational NC wouldnt be a NC. Until now the NC was kept as short as possible, maybe the group stage could have been 1 week shorter, but thats it. You always have to consider: there are huge time differences, some ppl have to work on weekdays, so games can be played only on weekends, others have holidays and travel maybe. The fact that games are 4v4s and the teams are often small (4 or 5 guys) doesnt make it easier. So you can mostly only play 1 set per week.

Sorry but this is kinda a topic by someone who doesnt participate, only watches streams and now he gets less games to watch in a longer timeframe.
 teutonic_tanks

Postby  pumukel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm

22 Jul 2012, 21:49 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
  22 Jul 2012, 21:33 GMT » nC_raegan wrote:
Looking forward for a real Nations Cup :?

+1
 pumukel
Admin

Postby  thepitzaboy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Check riut's post on vietnam b AW. I am on phone and hence cant link it. I am talking from participant pov and streamers pov only. As a viewer i anyways binge watch games on youtube.

Invitational was just an idea, apparently not a popular one. My main point is faster formats. What is the point of league why not pure d/e knockouts?
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Postby  Rorarimbo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

If my impression is correct this NC is relatively short compared to earlier tournaments. Based on the fact that 90% of the people would have guessed the top 8 teams perhaps there could be an invitational tournament with these 8teams but this wouldn be a NC. Also some of those teams had some troiuble reaching that stage so if it played out again there could be a change or two.

What I think is NC should be left as it is. I am not even sure when would be the next one as since SY need help for this lan they might be already thinking their investment is a bit too much. At the same time Microsoft is sponsoring only HD tournaments and Tyrant Sponsor isnt active anymore. So basicly we are left with SY and their will to make big team tournaments being internatioal competitions or tournaments for clans.
 Rorarimbo

Postby  kw1k000000 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm

NC feels too long because the real tournament only started with Gold League. With that perspective its not long. Most of the games in earlier stages are inconsequential and kill the hype to an extent. One reason I felt Clan Masters invitational style kept the games relevant.

You also have got Silver League, which is no better than normal rated games. Absolute waste of admin and casters time. Fun for people playing though but they can just play normal rated games as well.
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1657 (56%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  nimanoe » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 pm

02 Aug 2017, 11:29 GMT » kw1k000000 wrote:
NC feels too long because the real tournament only started with Gold League. With that perspective its not long. Most of the games in earlier stages are inconsequential and kill the hype to an extent. One reason I felt Clan Masters invitational style kept the games relevant.

You also have got Silver League, which is no better than normal rated games. Absolute waste of admin and casters time. Fun for people playing though but they can just play normal rated games as well.

If only there was a way for the casters and admins to not waste their time on the Silver League....
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1497 (44%)

Postby  pumukel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Personally, I don't perceive it as wasting my time while doing Silver League admin stuff. My main motivation is providing to players of any level the beautiful experience of playing matches in a tournament setting - no daily rated game can give you that.
 pumukel
Admin

Postby  MaSmOrRa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

I just don't understand where the problem is...

The Pitzaboy claims NC is too long but still admits he will binge watch all the games as soon as he has the time, which at least in my definition, means he's hyped for the games to come.

Kw1k says the beginning of the NC is boring but now the "real" NC has begun and therefore I assume he's hyped too cause the stage he wanted to see is finally there.

So both of you are hyped for the tournament, even if you don't necessarily agree with its length.

Where's the problem?
 MaSmOrRa

Postby  bulletchen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:27 pm

A big F*** you to you.

You look like you don't understand why the NC is a thing.
Last edited by  bulletchen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 bulletchen

1773 (50%)

Postby  Poxo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:59 pm

02 Aug 2017, 13:27 GMT » bulletchen wrote:

A big F*** you to you.

You look like you don't understand why the NC cup is a thing.

Lol kw1k what an ignorant you are... this big aoc tournaments for most of the players is not for the cash but for the atmosphere, the friend relation that is generated and having fun playing a game. Probably something that you will never understand.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1850 (48%)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion