Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (30)
»  ACCM
»  gazu
»  Janik
»  rmcoo
Guests (82)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

NC too longggggggg

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

NC too longggggggg

Postby  thepitzaboy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 am

I mean the games are awesome, there is so much good games a tournaments like this produces its amazing and kudos for all the effort. However, the format seems way too long. At this stage we are down to 2-3 games per weekend and seemingly this will go on for 2-3 months. The players all have to work around their personal lives to schedule and play this. Have we ever contemplated a faster tournament format. I somehow feel a knockout invitational played over 1-2 weeks is much more favorable for the players. Even better we can do this few times a year. Just my 2 cents.
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Re: NC too longggggggg

Postby  robo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am

If there was no LAN, then the gold league would be completed by the 10th September, so I don't know where you are getting 2-3 more months from?
 robo

1697 (50%)

Postby  DraXieN » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 am

GODNESS. YOU CAN'T MAKE INVITATIONAL NC. MOREOVER WITH PROPER SEEDING FOR DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Why people don't use brain before typing anything...
 DraXieN

Postby  von_miguel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:47 am

The only issue is some teams inability to get the games scheduled and played. I mean there are teams that have completed their group stage while the other teams have like two outta three games yet to be played. And when they do schedule the games the threads go on many pages because of zero value posts like "hey when?" instead of "can you play x day on x time?".

The deadlines should be enforced better, now people just treat it like whatever. The phrase "If admins allow for extra time" basically is a given and teams know this so they dont even bother to get the games played in time.
<INeedMoney> i whent to gym done 40 kilo bank press

<INeedMoney> thoughjt i was dying
 von_miguel

Postby  thepitzaboy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 pm

01 Aug 2017, 09:43 GMT » DraXieN wrote:
GODNESS. YOU CAN'T MAKE INVITATIONAL NC. MOREOVER WITH PROPER SEEDING FOR DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Why people don't use brain before typing anything...

Hey community joker, i wont argue with you. Keep entertaibing.

Robo if there is no lan then at the current rate it will take multiple weeks. 2-3 months is probably an exaggeration.

Von - welcome to aoc scheduling. You will never solve this problem instead shorter formats is better is my thinking.
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  ZeroEmpires » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 pm

01 Aug 2017, 11:13 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
Von - welcome to aoc scheduling. You will never solve this problem instead shorter formats is better is my thinking.

Problem can be solved with a scheduling app, it's just forum scheduling that's messy.
 ZeroEmpires

Postby  bulletchen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:47 pm

01 Aug 2017, 11:33 GMT » ZeroEmpires wrote:

Problem can be solved with a scheduling app, it's just forum scheduling that's messy.

Lazy people will still not schedule.
 bulletchen

1773 (50%)

Postby  __skeje » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm

true
 __skeje

Postby  SiFly » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm

01 Aug 2017, 14:47 GMT » bulletchen wrote:
  01 Aug 2017, 11:33 GMT » ZeroEmpires wrote:

Lazy people will still not schedule.

Lazy teammates make scheduling impossible.
 SiFly

Postby  malamadre » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:12 pm

I dont mind it being long and having 2-3 set of games. I dont live to watch AOC, there is other stuff to do, why do you want 10 games per week, are you going to watch them all?, do you think all games will be streamed? why do you need to have the winner in few weeks?

Why make a short tournament that we will have once every x years? Just be patient, or go live under a rock for two moths and come back and watch all in youtube or recs in marathon like its GOT.
 malamadre

1677 (54%)

Next

Return to General Discussion