Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (28)
»  FiRe5
»  Hico
»  Mibel
Guests (101)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

SY China Nations Cup 2017 - LAN Update

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - LAN Update

Postby  Nonsensical » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 am

We were worried that the sponsorship would not come through for the LAN to be held in Kunming, as was the original plan, so at the start of the tournament, we stated that a LAN was only a possibility.

Unfortunately, that sponsorship deal fell through, but Paladin has continued to crowdfund and seek out other sponsors to make the LAN happen. Although they managed to exceed their crowdfund target, it's become apparent that at this point in time, with the amount of funds available, a top 4 LAN is not happening.

Since we started to crowdfund from the international community with the intention of having a top 4 LAN, we want to give sponsors the opportunity to get their money back. Otherwise, the money will still go to funding the tickets for any team(s) that make it to the LAN.

As far as I know, no casters are being paid for at this point - money is very tight, and Paladin is still trying to get more funds for the LAN.
"I don't have the big D, I have the small D" - dogao
 Nonsensical

Postby  WOTC_Cl3m3nT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:34 am

Carlini, it's now or never for you to save the day :|
 WOTC_Cl3m3nT

1879 (53%)

Postby  speer141 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:26 am

08 Aug 2017, 01:34 GMT » WOTC_Cl3m3nT wrote:
Carlini, it's now or never for you to save the day :|

~Drops 20G
"We now have sufficient funds to allow top 5 to go to China." :P :P
If only if only....
00:08:14 Twigg: where u from?
00:08:20 PROject_Belgium: belgium
00:08:25 PROject_Belgium: 11
00:08:35 Twigg: 111111
 speer141

Postby  Carlini8 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:18 pm

They have said from the start the LAN was a possibility not a guarente. It was only recently they said it would happen for sure.

This tournament is ridiculously expensive in comparison to everything else in the community. Two comments about me donating in this thread already - If I was to undonate everything I have spent on AoE this year and send it to cover NC it would only cover about half of the projected costs of prizepool and the LAN, that's how much has been put in by the Chinese community for this tournament. Just to put a bit of perspective on it.

Personally I can see SY and Frantic both making it, along with Finland and one Brazil team (if they were to keep it at four). Maybe if both Chinese teams do make it they would be able to change things up, but flights are so expensive. Potentially £2,000 or so to fly someone from Brazil to the LAN. If both Brazil teams make it to the last two, the flights alone could cost them £18k which is over $23k (for 9 people) just to fly the teams over for the final two. If Finland and Canada were to qualify too (don't think those four can both physically qualify as a group) you could be looking at $40k just to get the teams to China, let alone a venue, streaming, the equipment, refreshments, hotels, staff and so much more I can't even list. Canada A have 7 players, if they make it that is a lot of flights!

From a going to the LAN point of view, I would love to as a Silver League sponsor, I will wait until closer to the time to sort anything as I am guessing things will change.
 Carlini8

Postby  joubine9 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Yeah i agree with carlini8, it's kinda rude to start complaining about the organisation, they do their best, organize a amazing tourney, put a lot of money on it and they are some comments like this....
If people wants so badly to go make a LAN, they put themself some money on it and go. I would be upset if i was host tournament, giving money and see some comments.
And also if they didn't give guarantee for the LAN like carlini says, there is nothing to complain about.
 joubine9

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  prv_limb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm

The date of the LAN has been moved a week to 21st - 23rd October.
The reason is a significant price difference for flights between 14th – 16th October and 21st - 23rd October.
 prv_limb
Admin

Postby  robo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:37 pm

12 Aug 2017, 16:36 GMT » prv_limb wrote:
The date of the LAN has been moved a week to 21st - 23rd October.
The reason is a significant price difference for flights between 14th – 16th October and 21st - 23rd October.

:O

**** yes!
 robo

1712 (51%)

Postby  pigao » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 am

08 Aug 2017, 14:13 GMT » joubine9 wrote:
Yeah i agree with carlini8, it's kinda rude to start complaining about the organisation, they do their best, organize a amazing tourney, put a lot of money on it and they are some comments like this....
If people wants so badly to go make a LAN, they put themself some money on it and go. I would be upset if i was host tournament, giving money and see some comments.
And also if they didn't give guarantee for the LAN like carlini says, there is nothing to complain about.

I don't see why anyone would complain at all. SY has been literally the only one organizing and sponsoring tournaments that can actually be called tournaments for the past few years.
 pigao

Postby  prv_limb » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:11 am

Now that it is known who will play in the final, another update.

Paladin is negotiating with several hotels and venues, this means that there is no confirmed date for the final as of yet.
Preliminary dates are the first weekend of November (3 November - 6 November). For the streamers might want to attend the LAN to live stream, at this point we cannot guarantee anything yet, it will depend on the venue. The setting for the Grand Final depend on how much time there will be available at the venue, so after confirmation the settings will be released as well.
Any spectators that want to attend will have to send us their details so we can arrange an invitation letter for them to get a visa to China, we need to have this information before Wednesday 20 September 10:00 GMT, so if you would like to attend the LAN send me a pm.
We would advise you to stay at the same hotel as the players, hotel bookings can be done via Paladin, but the costs should be transferred to him in advance. The costs of stay depends on the price they can negotiate with the hotels.

Summary
  • Paladin is currently negotiating with hotels and venue
  • Preliminary dates 3 November - 6 November
  • Live streaming availability at the LAN unknown as of yet, more information after confirmation of the venue
  • Settings of the Final will be released after confirmation
  • Spectators have until Wednesday 20 September 10:00 GMT to decide if they want to attend the LAN and send a private message to (netherlands) prv_limb
  • Spectators that will attend have until Wednesday 20 September 10:00 GMT to pm me their details
  • Recommended to stay at the same hotel as the players, can be booked via Paladin, funds need to be transferred upfront
  • Costs for the hotel still unknown
List of attendees:
  • (finland) TheMax
  • (finland) Zuppi
  • (finland) Rubenstock
  • (finland) Villese
  • (finland) Pike
  • (brazil) dogao
  • (brazil) St4rk
  • (brazil) miguel
  • (brazil) FeAge
  • (france) edie
  • (norway) TheViper (unconfirmed)
  • (serbia) DauT (unconfirmed)
  • (finland) Jupe (unconfirmed)
  • (australia) robo (unconfirmed)
  • (spain) Memb (unconfirmed)
 prv_limb
Admin

Postby  prv_limb » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

Update 25 September
  • Dates of the LAN confirmed for 3 November - 6 November. The players will arrive on the 3rd, final will be played on the 4th with another match on 5 November. Monday 6 November is the day of departure for the players.
  • Exact time and settings of the Grand Final to be confirmed
  • LAN will be held in Fuzhou, Fujian, China
  • Hotel and venue: Fuzhou Empark Grand Hotel
  • Live streaming at the LAN is possible
 prv_limb
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion