Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (53)
»  _ratS
»  ACCM
»  Arma
»  Flow
»  frhtr
»  mma96
»  Modri
»  Poxo
»  rmcoo
»  serv
»  SiFly
»  tresu
»  wgf
Guests (252)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Postby  pexi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 am

Based on the consequences of the events, frantic lost one critical game without even the opportunity to fight, Canada just lost a RE I guess? Maybe Canada should have not accepted the AW and given frantic a chance to fight if they are so good at the game and sportsmanship.

The ruling is fair, but Canada is a clear winner of the rulings, which makes frantic's win more remarkable.
 pexi

Postby  Nicov » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:17 am

06 Aug 2017, 19:07 GMT » Influenza wrote:
  06 Aug 2017, 19:01 GMT » Nicov wrote:
  06 Aug 2017, 18:47 GMT » Influenza wrote:
imo the rules are bad, and you should be able to kill vills with tc at any moment, and steal sheep at any moment (but not kill them.) However, according to the rules, China obviously violated them while Hera did not. Even according to the rules you are quoting, if Hera actually attempted to steal the sheep he converted, he would not have broken any rules. He did not steal those sheep by sitting under a tc, only by passing near it.

I feel quite surprised seeing this comment coming from someone who played 10000 nomads. You know very well that losing a vil to one TC that early in the game is something completely unavoidable and it just puts you in a very bad situation. It's a very lame issue in nomad and this rule prevent such unfair thing happening.

I agree, it is often unavoidable to lose vills to enemy TC on nomad. But it's similarly unavoidable at 4:00, 5:00, and afterwards as well. Why put in place a ~30 second window in which the game will completely end if you kill a vil? Is a vil so much more valuable at 3:15 compared to 3:45? Nope

I do agree that 3:30 minimum time sucks. I'd set it at 5m as it has been done in past tournaments. Yes, at 5m you can still lose some vil but it's less likely to happen since you'll have 1:30 more to explore around your town with sheep or whatever.

Honestly I think canadians should have not accepted the AW and ask for an extra restart for them instead. But there are a lot of emotions and stress going on when you are playing such tournament so I quite understand their decision.
[17:58] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
hey ur mom flying on the sky check it out

[03:56] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
[13:34] TheByeByeMan says: tell me if ur up for 1v1

[03:57] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
i am pretending afk

[14:56] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
gimme ur map hack

[14:56] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
motherfuc ker
 Nicov
Top 1v1 player

2345 (72%)

Postby  thepitzaboy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:43 am

07 Aug 2017, 03:17 GMT » Nicov wrote:
I do agree that 3:30 minimum time sucks. I'd set it at 5m as it has been done in past tournaments. Yes, at 5m you can still lose some vil but it's less likely to happen since you'll have 1:30 more to explore around your town with sheep or whatever.

Why time bind this at all? I honestly had no idea there is a time limit rule in tournies for this doesnt matter when it was introduced. Why cant the rule be, No vill fights till tc is up. In other words if you have TC its ok to kill enemy vills with it but no vill fights.
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Postby  pexi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:38 am

That's a great point Nicov! I would totally swap for a restart. That's real sportsmanship, also a reasonable and logical solution here. I love it.
 pexi

Postby  DraXieN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 am

Slam had a bit bugged gold in g3 and decided to re because of that. Chinese didn't know the rules in g4 and broke them. It's very different thing, the AW is clear decision and I'm glad admins followed their rules like this in g4. IMO the g3 is more arguable, if you follow the rules strictly it's not bugged, but very inaccessible till the wood runs out. Still fine decision. What should be changed in future tournaments is the behaviour of players when being confronted with admin decision. How there were 2x 15 min arguments, when players weren't happy with admin decision was disgusting. First thing to be changed is, that only the team-leader (or 1 player of the team) can discuss admin decisions with admins in the room, rest shut up.
 DraXieN

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  kc_Ereon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 am

Great job by the Admins once more, making the hard decision and not backing away from being consistent.

Agreed, that's what they're supposed to do.

In casual games, you see a vil coming towards you, you put ur vils in the TC. (...) To completely end the game in such a way is actually counterproductive in achieving a more competitive game, which should be the goal of the rules.

Honestly I think canadians should have not accepted the AW and ask for an extra restart for them instead.

Imo, that's where the rules should be changed (again?) in future Tournaments.
I feel Admin Win/Loss is too harsh and for example some form of giving an extra Restart and/or taking away a Restart would benefit the game and tournament more.
(If it happened a 2nd time in a row, then an immediate AW/AL would be required ofc)
 kc_Ereon

1591 (47%)

Postby  Skittle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:26 am

Great idea, extra restarts for breaking the rules.. if its not an admin win you can just do it on purpose to force a new game if you dont like map / player distribution, tc uptime, .....
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Postby  Agoodperson » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 am

killing a village in 3.5mins should be allowed a restart but cost a re chance, if re had been used before then AL
Last edited by  Agoodperson on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
 Agoodperson

Postby  kc_Ereon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

Skittle wrote:
Great idea, extra restarts for breaking the rules.. if its not an admin win you can just do it on purpose to force a new game if you dont like map / player distribution, tc uptime, .....

Im just saying that the rules forcing an Admin Win is (imo) too strict. If Admins decide to give AW after revision, that's still ok, but maybe there should be other options available as well.
 kc_Ereon

1591 (47%)

Postby  MaSmOrRa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 am

07 Aug 2017, 03:17 GMT » Nicov wrote:

That's not the point Influ is making though. He says some players will do this intuitively and just garrison their villagers the moment they see enemy villagers passing by. So increasing the limit to 5minutes would only allow for a broader timeframe where this situation could happen and be against the rules.
I see where he's coming from, but in my opinion even with all the intensity of a tournament at play, I think it should be possible for players to just focus on not killing anything in the first 5 minutes of a Nomad game.

Skittle wrote:
f its not an admin win you can just do it on purpose to force a new game if you dont like map / player distribution, tc uptime, .....

Precisely!

Agoodperson wrote:
killing a village in 3.5mins was allowed a restart but cost a re chance, if re had been used before then aw.

Then you have 2 different punishments for the exact same mistake. One being a million times harsher than the other. Doesn't make much sense to me. Especially because whether you already called a restart or not has absolutely nothing to do with the map at stake.
 MaSmOrRa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion