Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (23)
»  GriN
»  infa
»  Jevo
»  Modri
Guests (84)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Postby  kc_Ereon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 am

MaSmOrRa wrote:
I see where he's coming from, but in my opinion even with all the intensity of a tournament at play, I think it should be possible for players to just focus on not killing anything in the first 5 minutes of a Nomad game.

Looks like it's not, and Im not surprised, as those players played Nomad 100s (or 1000s) of times and didnt have stop their instincts to kill enemy villagers.
(I guess this discussion leads to nothing , so let's just hope it won't happen again.)
 kc_Ereon

1591 (47%)

Postby  tresu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 am

As Influenza said, what is the purpose of the 3.30 rule? To make the game more competitive, so that we all have a good game to watch too. I was having my popcorn and drink ready, hyped, and totally disappointed when it ended like that.

A rule that cannot serve its purpose is a bad rule, the punishment is too harsh. HappyHappy did not know this rule, and I don't think Frantic as a team at this moment know that they cannot take sheep that has changed into their colour before 3.30 min.

Of course it is their fault if they do not read the rule book, but if a game is ended before 3min due to a careless sheep steal, is that good for the tournament?
Do you want the tournament decided by a technical error?
 tresu

Postby  MaSmOrRa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:50 am

07 Aug 2017, 08:12 GMT » kc_Ereon wrote:
  MaSmOrRa wrote:
I see where he's coming from, but in my opinion even with all the intensity of a tournament at play, I think it should be possible for players to just focus on not killing anything in the first 5 minutes of a Nomad game.

Looks like it's not, and Im not surprised, as those players played Nomad 100s (or 1000s) of times and didnt have stop their instincts to kill enemy villagers.
(I guess this discussion leads to nothing , so let's just hope it won't happen again.)

You seem to assume it was by instinct that CL killed Hera's villager. I thought it was because he simply didn't know the rules and the post above mine seems to confirm that.

But even if he did read the rules: it happened once so far.
If all the other players were able to refrain themselves from killing villagers, I'm sure CL will find it in himself to that too in the future.

Edit: And of course this discussion leads to something. That's how all the bad rules from old tournaments were fixed: people complained when they saw the rules don't do its job; there was a discussion; admins acted to improve the rules. Simply hoping it doesn't happen again is just sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

Edit2:
  07 Aug 2017, 08:16 GMT » tresu wrote:
Do you want the tournament decided by a technical error?

The problem with that, is that that excuse can be used to excuse every single rule breach in the tournament.
 MaSmOrRa

Postby  tresu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 am

@MasmorRa, the rule as it is has to continue.
the discussion is for future tournaments
 tresu

Postby  ChriSt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 am

07 Aug 2017, 05:38 GMT » pexi wrote:
That's a great point Nicov! I would totally swap for a restart. That's real sportsmanship, also a reasonable and logical solution here. I love it.

Look at that 3 post troll.

Maybe Whoop should think twice before opening his mouth to say stupidities/insult everyone in the room, basic ethics and 'sportsmanship'. Frantic certainly wasn't complaining about the bugged gold ruling :lol:
 ChriSt

2351 (67%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Skittle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

07 Aug 2017, 07:50 GMT » kc_Ereon wrote:
  Skittle wrote:
Great idea, extra restarts for breaking the rules.. if its not an admin win you can just do it on purpose to force a new game if you dont like map / player distribution, tc uptime, .....

Im just saying that the rules forcing an Admin Win is (imo) too strict. If Admins decide to give AW after revision, that's still ok, but maybe there should be other options available as well.

Why is a random admin decision better than a strict rule in this case? I can see 200pages discussion already if for example china frantic gets a restart and brasil b gets a AL for killing a vill <3min30... there are like 3 maps with special rules, if you play nomad or LN one can look up the rules and u can just talk 1min about the rules before you click in
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Postby  kc_Ereon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:30 am

@Skittle Im looking at this from the viewers perspective, and I prefer to see the games being played to determine a winner. (Say it's 2-1 in a BO5 and Nomad AW leads to 3-1, that would be very disappointing for the viewers - but maybe you're right and I should look at this more from the players perspective)
 kc_Ereon

1591 (47%)

Postby  Oli King » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:38 pm

come on, everyone knew frantic would have won Nomad.
Admins knew that viewers wanted to see the Hideout map.

-> They gave AW so that we could see game 5 and everybody should be grateful
 Oli King

Postby  nimanoe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:39 pm

07 Aug 2017, 03:43 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
Why time bind this at all? I honestly had no idea there is a time limit rule in tournies for this doesnt matter when it was introduced. Why cant the rule be, No vill fights till tc is up. In other words if you have TC its ok to kill enemy vills with it but no vill fights.

This was the case before, but how do the players know when tc's are up?

Also this rule is to prevent the scenario where your vill is still on the way to your own tc (which might be up already), but your vill is walking under the enemy tc by accident.

It can happen and it will set you behind quite far if you lose the vill, while there's nothing you could do about it and it's not something that's skill-based, it's entirely luck-based, so I think the rule is fine.

However, if it should be 3.30 minutes or 5 minutes I don't know. I think it's 3.30 minutes because at that time you're allowed to take boar and deer from the enemy, while if you have to wait till 5 min, they might be taken already.

And to have two different times in the rules isn't great either, but it might be necessary.
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1497 (44%)

Postby  k_the_foodie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:40 pm

k_the_foodie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion