Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (19)
»  edie
»  GriN
»  mma96
»  Modri
»  slaca
Guests (83)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Stealing sheep is not OK !!

Postby  thepitzaboy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

07 Aug 2017, 11:39 GMT » nimanoe wrote:
  07 Aug 2017, 03:43 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
Why time bind this at all? I honestly had no idea there is a time limit rule in tournies for this doesnt matter when it was introduced. Why cant the rule be, No vill fights till tc is up. In other words if you have TC its ok to kill enemy vills with it but no vill fights.

This was the case before, but how do the players know when tc's are up?

The rule shouldn't be all TC up there is no way to tell this apart from complex score analysis. What i meant is if anyone has tc they can kill vills by garrisoning and it should be ok. This is how regular non-tourney nomad is played

Also this rule is to prevent the scenario where your vill is still on the way to your own tc (which might be up already), but your vill is walking under the enemy tc by accident.

I understand the point of the rule but there is no way to enforce this unless its a treaty(AOE HD) like setting. Maybe a mod can be made to enforce this, not sure(gallas help :twisted: )
It can happen and it will set you behind quite far if you lose the vill, while there's nothing you could do about it and it's not something that's skill-based, it's entirely luck-based, so I think the rule is fine.

Come what may there is an element of luck in aoc and more so in Nomad/no tc maps no amount of rules can change this.
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Postby  thepitzaboy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm

07 Aug 2017, 10:13 GMT » Skittle wrote:
there are like 3 maps with special rules, if you play nomad or LN one can look up the rules and u can just talk 1min about the rules before you click in

Did you know this rule before your NC games? Sounds like you did but how did you come across it. Just curious, not doubting.
 thepitzaboy

1716 (60%)

Postby  Nick_ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:03 pm

I personally believe once a TC goes up anything should go.
 Nick_

Postby  Skittle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 pm

07 Aug 2017, 15:01 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
  07 Aug 2017, 10:13 GMT » Skittle wrote:
there are like 3 maps with special rules, if you play nomad or LN one can look up the rules and u can just talk 1min about the rules before you click in

Did you know this rule before your NC games? Sounds like you did but how did you come across it. Just curious, not doubting.

Because its nearly the same rule for 10years^^ just the time and the definition of what is stealing sometimes changes, so i reread them before every nomad/LN start and tell my mates :)
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Postby  MetalRTS » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Nomad is no rule map. Everything should be allowed. Who is the snowflake ***** who came up with these rules. I bet he goes to starbucks everyday wearing a turtleneck (even in summer)
 MetalRTS

Previous

Return to General Discussion