Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (35)
»  650r
»  BacT
»  dogao
»  Fisty
»  Modri
»  pexi
Guests (92)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

China SY Brazil A First Game RE

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

China SY Brazil A First Game RE

Postby  DragonFireBurns » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:26 am

Hi Admins,

I am, like many others I presume. curious why the first game between these teams did not result in a admin win for SY. Previously, you did not allow Frantic the chance to use a re in a nomad game where they broke the rules, but you allowed Brazil to get away with breaking the rules regardless. Why is this double standard applied? There are many other instances I can think of where the same set of rules seem to applied differently to the Asian players (Tim or Viper in an Arabia tourney for eg) than those to European/South American players.

Given that in English streams all over, so much of the obnoxious chat is about Chinese players only being good in lag, them map hacking, fake rumors that the SY tournament LAN was cancelled or reduced not due to monetary strain but the lack of Chinese players (in essence an argument that the Chinese community make rules to favor their own, while apparently the others are apparently more noble and do not), its hard to justify some of the admin decisions that get made against Asian players over the course of the tourneys being down to anything reasonable.

I hope the admin can at least explain why the RE was allowed and not allowed for Frantic.

Thanks
 DragonFireBurns

Re: China SY Brazil A First Game RE

Postby  Nonsensical » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 am

SY took a re over an AW.
Brazil lost their re and SY gained an extra one.
"I don't have the big D, I have the small D" - dogao
 Nonsensical

Postby  rarename » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 am

28 Aug 2017, 00:26 GMT » DragonFireBurns wrote:
Hi Admins,

I am, like many others I presume. curious why the first game between these teams did not result in a admin win for SY. Previously, you did not allow Frantic the chance to use a re in a nomad game where they broke the rules, but you allowed Brazil to get away with breaking the rules regardless. Why is this double standard applied? There are many other instances I can think of where the same set of rules seem to applied differently to the Asian players (Tim or Viper in an Arabia tourney for eg) than those to European/South American players.

Given that in English streams all over, so much of the obnoxious chat is about Chinese players only being good in lag, them map hacking, fake rumors that the SY tournament LAN was cancelled or reduced not due to monetary strain but the lack of Chinese players (in essence an argument that the Chinese community make rules to favor their own, while apparently the others are apparently more noble and do not), its hard to justify some of the admin decisions that get made against Asian players over the course of the tourneys being down to anything reasonable.

I hope the admin can at least explain why the RE was allowed and not allowed for Frantic.

Thanks

During that Frantic / Canada game I was watching both Tim's live stream and Tsu guy's stream at the same time. I usually watch Viper's stream but The Viper wasn't streaming that match. Tsu guy's stream's atmosphere was kind of hostile, people in the chat all have this "us versus them" mentality, unlike Viper's stream which is often funny and chill. Tim's viewers were also pretty reasonable as well without so much hate and emotions.

Most of the viewer's in Tsu's stream were supportive of Canada team getting a AW without even competing. And when Canada lost the match, his stream's atmosphere felt like a funeral :o

The admin was total trash for causing such lasting controversy, Frantic didn't try to do anything unfair to the match, it was simply badly written rules which most players would not find intuitive. The worse punishment for them would be ducting a re. It sucks that there's no follow up, no clarification or apology, its almost like acknowledging and accepting their own biased decisions.
 rarename

Postby  aocfun » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 am

28 Aug 2017, 06:14 GMT » Nonsensical wrote:
SY took a re over an AW.

In a BO5, the first game is so damn important! Extra re is not professional at all, I think admin should follow the rule, this is clearly an admin win for SY. For the SY side, if they knew they will lost like this, they will definitely take the free win. IMO, SY was just too over-confident, they thought Brazil was just coming for completing the matches and accepting the 5th/6th position, otherwise how one can imagine to make such a mistake in this important match? I remembered Brazil A was asking the possibility of 3v3 one day before the match. All these gave poor SY a false information: Brazil A has no enough interest to advance.

On the other hand, SY's play was terrible on that day even though they lost their keynote player yinghua. This game changed completely the future of AOC in Chinese community, it might be the end of SY.
 aocfun

Postby  aocfun » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 am

Even though Brazil A gave admin win to SY for the whole series, SY will still stop at 4th with this level of play. Meaningless for them.
 aocfun

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Influenza » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes! Please state it in the rules that each violation results in an admin loss!

But really, why would you want to extend the awful practice of awarding wins without the game being played to more situations? It should be removed from the nomad rules, not included elsewhere.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Agoodperson » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm

05 Sep 2017, 02:35 GMT » aocfun wrote:
SY took a re over an AW.

In a BO5, the first game is so damn important! Extra re is not professional at all, I think admin should follow the rule, this is clearly an admin win for SY. For the SY side, if they knew they will lost like this, they will definitely take the free win. IMO, SY was just too over-confident, they thought Brazil was just coming for completing the matches and accepting the 5th/6th position, otherwise how one can imagine to make such a mistake in this important match? I remembered Brazil A was asking the possibility of 3v3 one day before the match. All these gave poor SY a false information: Brazil A has no enough interest to advance.

On the other hand, SY's play was terrible on that day even though they lost their keynote player yinghua. This game changed completely the future of AOC in Chinese community, it might be the end of SY.

yes,SY was too overconfident, just before the tournament, Fengxin said there were more than 40% possibilities for Brazil A to give up the match, SY will get AW easily.
 Agoodperson

Postby  Belgawizard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 pm

28 Aug 2017, 00:26 GMT » DragonFireBurns wrote:

I mainly watched Memb streams for NC and I must say vibe was not too biased against China at all. I think overall people would have enjoyed a Chinese team in the finals and definitely just want to see 3-4 scores.

Furthermore I believe this community is greatly thankful for the Chinese tournaments and overall loves to watch their top players as are very welcome at the narrow top at the moment.

Just my 2 pennies
 Belgawizard

Postby  kw1k000000 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 pm

SY took a re over an AW.

SY did not TAKE a RE. It was admin decision to not give AW (AW should be the right call) rather just award extra RE.
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1657 (56%)

Postby  prv_limb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 pm

12 Sep 2017, 19:31 GMT » kw1k000000 wrote:
SY took a re over an AW.

SY did not TAKE a RE. It was admin decision to not give AW (AW should be the right call) rather just award extra RE.

Helene explained what the admins did correctly. The decision was made after a discussion between the admins and SY. SY decided to go for a re instead of taken an AW, which is proper fair play.
 prv_limb
Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion