Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (44)
»  _4u_
»  ACCM
»  ebbu
»  edie
»  Jevo
»  mma96
»  Poxo
»  wgf
Guests (157)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

HUGE issue final Nation cup LAN

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: HUGE issue final Nation cup LAN

Postby  Snyper1_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am

Great to see that everything is solved now.

What we should learn from this case is that a LAN Final is complete senseless and a big waste of money. For the players it is a great experience, but due to the new 1.5 patch i doubt games will be that much better due to less lag than in an online game which justifies spending thousands of dollars on it.
In AOC we have this special situation that top teams are spread all over the world (brazil, china, vietnam, finnland, canada etc) so a LAN event is so much effort.

I hope next time we could spend the money for more prices for other teams (like silver league) or use it for a new event :ugeek:
 Snyper1_

1863 (56%)

Postby  Jupe » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

30 Oct 2017, 09:17 GMT » Snyper1_ wrote:

What we should learn from this case is that a LAN Final is complete senseless and a big waste of money. For the players it is a great experience, but due to the new 1.5 patch i doubt games will be that much better due to less lag than in an online game which justifies spending thousands of dollars on it.
In AOC we have this special situation that top teams are spread all over the world (brazil, china, vietnam, finnland, canada etc) so a LAN event is so much effort.

I hope next time we could spend the money for more prices for other teams (like silver league) or use it for a new event :ugeek:

I dont think nowdays the idea of LAN is ''complete waste of money'' but probably as the Chinese initially intented it to get more sponsor=more money. Like it or not it's obivously an indurstry standard in Esports, whethever or not it could even pay itself back for a small game like AoC could be debatable but i think even escape LAN achieved it's intended goals with the LAN final.

Anyway i feel the Chinese had a good idea to begin with but it started going a bit downhill but saying it was ''complete waste of money'' still probably isn't true at all.
[22:42]<___fury> is hard playing with spy's on team speak and watching game.
[22:43]<___fury> now 4:30 spec delay
 Jupe

1866 (48%)

Postby  Nick_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Don't think LAN finals are useless, they are pretty cool to see but you need to raise the money and be sure you can cover expenses for all possibilities (with even some reserves available) BEFORE one game is even played.

Job well done to every person who contributed to the best outcome, you guys keep this kind of tournament being a possibility in the future!
 Nick_

Postby  lalapuputoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Congrats for solving it!
 lalapuputoy

Postby  dre4mer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Good job by the community, admins, Brazil B and SY, to finally solve the issue. Good luck to both teams, give us a 'grand' final please! :ugeek:

30 Oct 2017, 09:17 GMT » Snyper1_ wrote:

I think we should respect those who have put money in (SY sponsors mainly), sure there is business (promotions profit etc) involved, but they did pour in money and most importantly triggered this amazing tournament. Please stop being rude to them!
 dre4mer

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  King_KongFist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:52 pm

After all this drama, i'm looking forward to the finals even more now :D

14!!!
 King_KongFist

Postby  cort » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:50 pm

even in big esports like cs:go, many dreams are destroyed because of Visas, as sad as it is...
 cort

Previous

Return to General Discussion