Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (22)
»  _5_
»  ACCM
»  Jpin
»  mma96
»  Modri
Guests (82)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Wrap-up

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Wrap-up

Postby  Poxo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Behold the wonderfull masterpiece of Prv_Limb and Sy team :o :o :o

Did you enjoy the tournament?
YES!

What do you think could have been better?
Too many doubts about the final games till very late

What was your best memory about the games you played or watched?
Even though I didn't play much on my team I loved training and gathering so much people together with one interest.
Also watching a differente 4v4 arabia playstile after a long time.

Did you like the edited maps?
I found them more fair, so yeah, I liked them, don't have any negative coment about them. JG SMB360

Did you enjoy the shorter sets and different settings every round of the knockout stage?
Bo5 were good enough when there was more than 1 top level match in total per weekend

Thoughts about the civilization bans?
I'd like to have seen set civs or different short of ban system.

SY (china) Nations Cup mod, did it have the desired effect in the end in your opinion?
It worked pretty well imo, feudal sling has been heavily reduced and there is action on feudal age, is not all about walling+slinging and getting to imperial age. Just compare Sy vs Tyrant games 1 year ago to the final's arabia game.
Or the games from EMA team!!

Any other thoughts or comments?
This nc has gathered more users (Players and followers) for a tourney than any other that I have witnesed on my AoC years.
The hype for the national teams is something the expert teams will never achieve. NC mod is a huge improvement to the game, it opens the tg to new strats with more risks and more action, example the double conq or full fwd.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1856 (48%)

Postby  swissboyy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Awesome work from the admin team and everyone involved!

Thinks I would've liked to see:
- 3v3 for all games
- collecting funds first and announcing things later
- shorter tournament, event took too long
Masters of Arena 2 & 3
Masters of MegaRandom
King of the Desert

paypal.me/swissboyy
 swissboyy

Postby  RacerFXX » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Great job from everyone beeing involved into this tournament. Thank you very much it was awesome to watch :) :clap: :clap:
 RacerFXX

Postby  teutonic_tanks » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am

Yes it was great fun to play (or build farms) with Nadya, LB, Goten, LAAAAAARRY vs all kind of teams from pretty much every part of the world.

a mapcontest would have been rly nice and switching to 1.5 once it was out instead of remaining with 1.4 RC.

The game where i made the farm sling and nili was totally stunned by it 11

Yes most of the maps were pretty nice, but there were diffrent things, that should be changed for the future:
-mapcontest, there isnt even 1 mapcontest per year, so why not make it part of the next NC. i know as Limb and SMB said, there was pretty much no time to organise it, but next time just try to make it 1-2 weeks before and give it maybe 1-2 weeks of time.
-Add mappack games. Thats imo the most important part of a big TG tournament, in every round there should be 1 game, that is a mappack-game. It's always intresting to see who studied the map the most, who adapts the fastest. Maybe Combine it with some banned civ / mirror civs / pick from certain Group of civs
-Add some more crazy maps (like Border Dispute etc.)

Did you enjoy the shorter sets and different settings every round of the knockout stage?

yes i think the amount of games and so on, was done very well. I liked the tournament set up.

You should have kept the bans for the last games as well and maybe vary them more from round to round. But in General i liked the idea a lot. Especially in the Gold league Group stage there washuge potential for mind game with the civs (picking sara/brit/pers/aztec etc.)

SY (china) Nations Cup mod, did it have the desired effect in the end in your opinion?

Yes the idea behind is rly smart, since it makes sling so much worse. THe only Thing i absoluetly didnt like, was that you changed the HP on the palisades (which wasnt about to prevent sling, but to make dr+FC rly rly bad). THere was no Need for it imo, also i lost several games because of it and i' still salty 11

Again ty for the great tournament and especially thanks to the SY Sponsor, Carlini and all other ppl (limb, nili, SMB, robo and the huge amount of casters) who supported, organised and made the tournament possible.
OH and one Thing: make next NC pls 3v3 (or 4v4 if both Teams agree) and make it on Wololo Kingdoms.
 teutonic_tanks

Postby  MalignantMet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am

Oh I agree I like having some map-pack games mixed in. Always should have at least one or more arabia, each with home map, a map pack game, etc.
 MalignantMet

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Zuppi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm

I wish to thank the SY Sponsor, who has made these amazing tournaments possible, every person from the Chinese community we were able to meet at the Fuzhou LAN, who warmly welcomed us and made us feel special. Huge thanks Paladin, her amazing daughters and wife :D , thank you Edie for being a really cool guy, although you cheered for the wrong team :x ,thanks to Brazilia B team, who played incredibly well throughout the tournament and were nice guys as well 8-). I also want to thank all the other teams who took part in this tournament, all the viewers and last but not least the admin team who ensured the tournament ran smoothly

Of course!

The tournament ran smoothly until the final but the waiting time between the WB final and the actual finals was incredibly long, it takes a big commitment to stay in shape for that long time. On top of that while waiting for the finals there were not any more teams to practise with because only 2 were remaining, thus making it really hard to actually prepare for the finals. I'm sure the Brazilians had the same problem.

I'm not sure what would be the best action to address this. Perhaps a shorter double elimination? 4 team round robin in the finals, like in the previous NC? Single elimination all the way?

Every game in the elimination stage. Every match expect the final went to the last game for us 11 A great performance from us and we got better during the tournament, really proud of our team!

And it was really fun to play in the LAN, shame we couldn't perform better, but playing in LAN is something truly special.

The new Nomad that was fixed for the 2nd time was very good and kept the spirit of nomad alive. The first one was really boring so great job on fixing the map during the tournament! Also the migration fix was good. I believe that the fairer the maps are, the better it is for the games.

Yeah shorter sets are way more player friendly and different settings every round bring nice variety to the matches. so yes, I did enjoy them.

It was a good first step to bring some variation to the games. I didn't like the matches that you had to pick from a pool of 6 civs though, to me it just felt stupid.
I hope the next big tg tourny would use a similar pick and banning system that they use in Dota, in my opinion it would be very interesting. Hopefully Kotd tournament shows how interesting it can be.

Yes definetly. The games were more open and aggressive and the arabia 4vs4 metagame has changed greatly. This is the right way in my opinion.

The sling nerf is also good and reduced the effectivity of slinging. There were still many sling games but it was more because of the maps. Maps like Golden hill is just bad map design. Lumping all the gold to one spot, where winning the middle means winning the game instantly is just stupid. Maps like that are 100% sling games. Still, I would love to see a tournament with slinging banned.

It was an amazing event and I will never forget the trip to China. At the same time it makes me a bit sad to realize this is probably the last major Aoc tournament, with the the momemtum the Expansion hype train is gaining. The WK has potential but it needs some careful balancing, as of now some civs are stupidly overpowered, but this is not the topic to discuss that.
 Zuppi
AoC Icon

2050 (57%)

Postby  pumukel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you, (netherlands) prv_limb. I had some behind the scenes view and I'm very impressed, although much of your work remains unknown to me, since you gave me the opportunity of only being an "on the battlefield admin". Thank you and huge respect!

Of course <3

Not changing an announced 3v3 to 4v4. Hopefully, there will be a 3v3 NC in the future.

The number of teams and participants was record breaking considering the last years. Since I think Wololo is becoming the new standard for competitive play, I think this NC was a worthy end to the UP 1.4 AoC era. It showed what a great community we have. Long live AoE2!
 pumukel
Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion