Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

 ForumsSearch »

 SY Nations Cup 2017

 King of the Desert

 Escape Gaming

 Polaris Series

 AoC Recorded Games

 AoE2HD Recorded Games

 AoFE Recorded Games

 Major Past Tournaments

 Users currently online
Members (31)
»  mma96
»  Twigg
Guests (83)

 AoC Clans Add yours »

 Links

 Auto downloadedFind »

 Ads

SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Klaus the Conqueror » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 pm

  15 Jun 2017, 20:25 GMT » rmgracht wrote:
  15 Jun 2017, 20:19 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
  15 Jun 2017, 20:15 GMT » rmgracht wrote:
Changing the format from 3v3 to 4v4 can cause some latency issues with players involved from all around the world. Solving latency issues is one of the key features of UserPatch 1.5.

Nations Cup 2017 would be a great showcase for the new UserPatch 1.5. Is it a possibility to have the games played on the new patch?


UP 1.5 is not even out in the public yet :?


The tournament has not started yet ;) And from what I've heard, UserPatch is already extensively tested.


a new user patch should not be applied in such a tournament without the stability and maturity proved
User avatar
 Klaus the Conqueror
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Apr 02, 2016
 1602 (50%)
 
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Influenza » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm

  15 Jun 2017, 21:10 GMT » Klaus the Conqueror wrote:
a new user patch should not be applied in such a tournament without the stability and maturity proved


Meanwhile on HD... Kappa
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Jul 07, 2011
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Jupe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 pm

  15 Jun 2017, 20:15 GMT » nimanoe wrote:
Long essay you wrote, but you're raising some good points :D
First of all, the situation of Melkor and Feanor was slightly different from what you described. In Nations Cup 2014 they wanted to make a team for Ireland indeed, but since they couldn't get enough players, so they joined the United Kingdom team (with Nick, Fayt, Daydream). Then next year they were allowed to join the USA team, despite having played for the UK team the year before, so they already broke this rule, but I don't think this rule existed then :)

The rule for not being able to change country was made in NC2 and Melkor and Feanor were made the case example (they were allowed to play for US but rule was added that once you choose nation in NC2 you cannot change it in future Nations Cups anymore.
[22:42]<___fury> is hard playing with spy's on team speak and watching game.
[22:43]<___fury> now 4:30 spec delay
User avatar
 Jupe
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
 1872 (48%)
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Klaus the Conqueror » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

  15 Jun 2017, 21:12 GMT » Influenza wrote:
  15 Jun 2017, 21:10 GMT » Klaus the Conqueror wrote:
a new user patch should not be applied in such a tournament without the stability and maturity proved


Meanwhile on HD... Kappa


Voobly > HD :!:
User avatar
 Klaus the Conqueror
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Apr 02, 2016
 1602 (50%)
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Influenza » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 pm

For what reason were Maya and mongol banned from every 4v4 ara match? I think a captains mode style ban system could be better... Or banning Spanish instead of mongols 8-) :twisted:
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Jul 07, 2011
 
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  SMB360 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:40 am

  17 Jun 2017, 22:50 GMT » Influenza wrote:
For what reason were Maya and mongol banned from every 4v4 ara match? I think a captains mode style ban system could be better... Or banning Spanish instead of mongols 8-) :twisted:


They are only banned from the first few rounds, and then it reverts to classic free pick for 4v4 Arabia, so you can still have your Plume, Mangudai and Pala fests if you manage to win some rounds :P

We wanted to ban the ever-present 'power trio' (Huns, Mayans and Mongols) from the early rounds, but if I recall correctly we decided to keep Huns in because we felt they would contribute a lot of variety and aggression to the games with their team stable bonus and versatility. On the flipside, with Mayans and Mongols banned I'd say you're likely to see a lot of teams that have 2 camel civs like Chinese and Persians as part of their 4, which could make things trickier for Hun players going knights.


EDIT: On the subject of captain's mode, whilst it's a fantastic feature in some settings it would be an administrative and logistical nightmare to implement and use for Nations Cup.
Image
Image
Image
 SMB360
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
 1624 (51%)
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  DFH_Risque » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:07 am

  17 Jun 2017, 23:40 GMT » SMB360 wrote:
  17 Jun 2017, 22:50 GMT » Influenza wrote:
For what reason were Maya and mongol banned from every 4v4 ara match? I think a captains mode style ban system could be better... Or banning Spanish instead of mongols 8-) :twisted:


They are only banned from the first few rounds, and then it reverts to classic free pick for 4v4 Arabia, so you can still have your Plume, Mangudai and Pala fests if you manage to win some rounds :P

We wanted to ban the ever-present 'power trio' (Huns, Mayans and Mongols) from the early rounds, but if I recall correctly we decided to keep Huns in because we felt they would contribute a lot of variety and aggression to the games with their team stable bonus and versatility. On the flipside, with Mayans and Mongols banned I'd say you're likely to see a lot of teams that have 2 camel civs like Chinese and Persians as part of their 4, which could make things trickier for Hun players going knights.


EDIT: On the subject of captain's mode, whilst it's a fantastic feature in some settings it would be an administrative and logistical nightmare to implement and use for Nations Cup.


theres only free pick from semi final 11
<[LoS]miguelzin> I have to sleep
<[_SY_]Yo__> kk have fun bro
<[_SY_]Yo__> wish u dream of juan and nicov kissing together
 DFH_Risque
Top Player
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Apr 26, 2010
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  squeak » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:16 am

cant wait to see lame BBT spams and capped rams after 1 hour game
00:48:40 Sobek_: sec
00:48:40 Sobek_: earthquake
 squeak
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Apr 14, 2013
Location: Slovakia
 1899 (48%)
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Influenza » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 am

  18 Jun 2017, 01:17 GMT » squeak wrote:
cant wait to see lame BBT spams and capped rams after 1 hour game

Ye I can't wait for trushes, unstoppable conqs and bbt spam :crazy:
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Jul 07, 2011
 

Re: SY China Nations Cup 2017 - Rules & Settings Q&A

Postby  Fall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:10 am

DM figured out how dull BBT spam is much quicker than RM did.
01:09:40 [TIC]darvoi: i will land my island
User avatar
 Fall
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Jun 12, 2013
Age: 24
 1880 (55%)
 
 
PreviousNext

Return to Rules & Settings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators

cron