Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (49)
»  _MbL_
»  ebbu
»  Hico
»  HJFE
»  LB10
»  Poxo
»  Sney
»  Xtasy
Guests (113)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

SYNC_ Map Feedback

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: SYNC_ Map Feedback

Postby  Influenza » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 am

Tldr change nomad back xd
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Snyper1_ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:23 am

USA A vs France A G5 Cross:

yellows 2nd Gold was bugged ( just 1 tile)
 Snyper1_

1879 (56%)

Postby  teutonic_tanks » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:31 am

well i think thats the 1% chance of a bug map, which can happen on every map.
The only problematic thing about cross is that the fish is spawning next to the coast making the map hardly dockable
 teutonic_tanks

Postby  Skittle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

I noticed that too, was hard to find a dock spot that is not blocked by fish 111
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Postby  TheMax » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 pm

What is completely changed in SYNC_Nomad is that players spawn as a team instead of having villagers scattered around the map.
 TheMax
AoFE developer

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Slaktarn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Picking nomad in our games vs austria was a big dissapointment, it was like playing coastal just that you spawned with no tc. There were no randomness and no crazy Jupe lakes to dock, it was like playing a normal game with so much food.

Dont even wanna comment the BiFi map.
moi

Rubenstock says:
[15:20] [Weljet]Basileosito says: nyt kaljaa
Rubenstock says:
i feel bad now
Rubenstock says:
i made jupe play and now he became alcoholist
 Slaktarn

Postby  dogao » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Next time check the map you are playing and it wont happen. :roll:
 dogao
Expert Player

2520 (72%)

Postby  Influenza » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:10 pm

10 Jul 2017, 16:01 GMT » dogao wrote:
Next time check the map you are playing and it wont happen. :roll:

That sounds like pretty good advice, but somehow I think the map has even changed from when it was first released. (we didn't want to play it again after this first time as all the players, SY included, found it that un-fun.)

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15790604

At least here there is the possibility of mid lakes on the map and it's not just some ugly rectangular plot of land. However, even in this version of the map there are plenty of unwelcome changes, like "team together," changes in food distribution, villagers starting closer, etc...

The only change I would welcome in vanilla nomad is having a somewhat more fair distribution of stone and gold across the map. All changes besides this do nothing but make the map boring and noob friendly. For me, the point of Nomad is to test a team's ability to adapt to unpredictable circumstances, and I find these changes to be missing the whole point of the map.

I consider myself to be a very experienced TG nomad player, and I would NOT pick this map in it's current state even if there were 4 of me on the team.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  robo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:24 pm

10 Jul 2017, 20:10 GMT » Influenza wrote:
if there were 4 of me on the team.

#DreamTeam
 robo

1712 (51%)

Postby  SMB360 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 pm

10 Jul 2017, 13:47 GMT » TheMax wrote:
What is completely changed in SYNC_Nomad is that players spawn as a team instead of having villagers scattered around the map.

This was actually desired by the admins long before the idea of overhauling all the maps was ever considered. From there we looked at making the distribution of resources more fair, and the project to overhaul all the maps grew out of that.

Influenza wrote:
That sounds like pretty good advice, but somehow I think the map has even changed from when it was first released. (we didn't want to play it again after this first time as all the players, SY included, found it that un-fun.)

If you didn't 'tl;dr' my previous post then you wouldn't bother to point this out as I've already stated it myself:

09 Jul 2017, 23:53 GMT » SMB360 wrote:
I remember me and prv_limb went back and forth over this for a really long time on the night before the maps had to be finalised. We were far from totally happy with the end result, but I'd say we just ran out of time to arrive at a more elegant solution before the maps had to be finalised, and so we went with a version of the map that, whilst arguably less interesting, was very competitive.

I'm told that SY and one of the Brazilian teams are actually really happy with SYNC_Nomad btw. That doesn't mean I think it shares the spirit of vanilla Nomad, though, because it clearly doesn't, but it wouldn't be the only map in the pool to be significantly different to its standard counterpart - see Mongolia, Black Forest, etc.
 SMB360

1624 (51%)

PreviousNext

Return to Rules & Settings