Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (48)
»  Hico
»  Josba
»  Poxo
Guests (152)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

NC17 - SL KO QF - SK28 France A vs Austria A

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: NC17 - SL KO QF - SK28 France A vs Austria A

Postby  prv_limb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:37 am

Let's just put this "discussion" behind us. Some things were said in the heat of the moment, nobody was happy by the situation. Fair play to France not wanting the AW and that they were willing to wait in the end, from team Austria's POV it's really understandable that they didn't want their games to be affected by a player in a different tournament. In the end the games were played and the best team won the match. We would like to thank both teams for playing.

Any posts after this that don't contribute to how good the games were will be removed.
 prv_limb
Admin

Postby  Foxtrot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 am

Pretty much sums up half of Austrian team mindset :
Not even showing guilt or regret, classy.

Tarsiz, you're not even applying your own standards to yourself. Cute.
After watching that video I will use some words I read somewhere "Jesus... Such anger and violence."

I was disappointed with the games, probably biased tho.
Imo France clearly underperformed.
Austria clear winner on the battlefield, France has never been able to contain Lierrey's power.
 Foxtrot

Postby  Chessfreak_ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:00 am

Anyone casted the last two games?
 Chessfreak_

Postby  teutonic_tanks » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm

20 Sep 2017, 10:00 GMT » Chessfreak_ wrote:
Anyone casted the last two games?

Memb promised to finish streaming the last 2 games, but afaik he didnt until now. He only streamed game 2 so far.
 teutonic_tanks

Postby  rustyknivess » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:39 pm

France is in overall way better than Austria. Austria depends way too much on Lierrey just like Norway did with Viper last NC. Austria was just lucky that France has a high tolerance and France just had a bad day I guess.

Kinda a pity because I wanted to see France vs Czech in winners semi's but now as long as CZ can handle Lierrey it would be a breeze for em.

Props to Eddie for being a good sportmanship!
 rustyknivess

1626 (52%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  _VM_ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Austria played better, games were pretty clear about it. Arena strat ripped us, and I would say Lierey power was used in the best way in all games.
GL Austria for the next round !

It is our last match and I am happy to have gone that far, because we enjoyed it so much as a team. This Gold/Silver League system was awesome and allowed us to enjoy playing together all the tournament even if we are not top team, our players coming from pretty much all settings/generation, we didn't really know each other so much before it, and we used to meet and know each other during the Silver League and we got a awesome cohesion that we wouldn't have got without the tourney. Every match, every available mate played at least one game of the sett. We didn't play for the result, but only to enjoy this atmosphere born.
gg, thanks everybody :)

To admins :
I hope you guys can use the feedback from this case. I don't talk about the flame or the drama topic. I hope that you see how your 1st decision was unfair to us, on our point of view. You wanted us to simply reschedule the match as Austria team wanted after 45 min of waiting and time lost. Right after your statement they simply left and that made me very frustrated at the moment.
To be honest, if the match wasn't played and you guys admins forced us to reschedule, as it seems it was the final decision before the game were finally played, I and I think my team we would not have play it. Because it was too much and we would take it as an insult, being completely against us after all the compromises we made.
We had commitment to be there at their chosen time. Some of us didn't want to play Sunday. We got more commitment than Austria on the schedule, and more commitment during that hour, where we could have done 2v2, or 3v3 with lower player. Anyway, I prefer to lose vs Austria with Lierey playing, than win with him absent, and so do all my team, trully. They wanted their best to be on roster and that's understandable, be 100% of their power, no 4v4 as we asked, and again that is undestandable, it is a tourney and rules says both have to accept. To get this match, we made a lot of compromises, and Austria pretty much 0 from my POV. But anyway we adapted and I think we needed more support for it in the decision, rules being pretty clear about not showing on time (nobody wanted AW or a biaised win, but at least things clear for Austria, like add an extra 10-15-20 min time then force a 2v2 or 3v3 or a deadline at the end of which there would be a sanction that would not have been used ofc, but at least not a decision 100% on their interest), which sadly wasn't the case : this added frustration and could be a part that leaded to some reactions you see there.

That being said to make the future better, I would like to say that we are all very happy of the NC and our firework end, and this topic make it even better :P

Again, Thank you for all !

ps : foxtrot > tarsiz
 _VM_

Postby  SiFly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:19 pm

tarsiz is banned from France now, citizenship taken from him
 SiFly

Postby  Timotheus_ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Rant somewhat related, been on my mind for a while and this topic touches some of the points.

While its understandable for teams to want to field their best roster, it also doesn't settle with me that teams constantly wheedle their way into playing times that only their 4 best players can play. There is a reason why the team roster has space for 10 players. It irks me that teams sign up with 4 players (in the case of small countries, fair enough) and then limit the times slots they can play (with all top 4 players) and then say: "do you have 4" when yes, you can field 4 but not your top strength.

As flu said, USA constantly fielded all players on roster so that games could be scheduled easily and without delay. Unfortunately, this meant that in the case against Japan, my brother couldn't play, which obviously sucked. Of course it would be nice to delay the tournament 1 week so that he could, but.... this is not what the tournament rules allow for. Ultimately we decided we would abide wholly to the rules (scheduling for a slot where we indeed have 4 players), and alas, we lost 2-3. Personally I feel like if we had done a scheduling war to push for extra time scheduling with our top 4, the result would have been different, but as I said, the roster size is 10!! so the games can get played without tournament delay. Pity this isn't followed to closely.
I played few games in npl and it's quite good. But some games new players gets in and ruins game.
"['Indian']PrIMeZ
Problem with NPL in a nutshell 1111111
 Timotheus_

2017 (49%)

Postby  andreskbr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm

About the decisions of Admins

If the claims of French team are correct, the role of admins in tournaments should be reviewed. When the rules are clear, the decisions should be done according to them. How else would players follow the rules? It is a must for a staff to give the good example.
Also, it seems to me admins fear to give AWs and thus ruin many matchups. Well, I'd like to point out the risk of having multiple breaks of rules is very high if harsh attitudes are not taken against those who cheat their own word("I agree to follow Rules & settings"). A middle term decision, to please more people, can be taken, though. Set the punition as 1 game lost after every x minutes of delay.
 andreskbr

1819 (48%)

Postby  SuperskinnyBLS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:05 am

IDC about the pathetic drama, but was there a drop in arina game? I am trying to watch the recording and it stops at about 28th~ minute?
 SuperskinnyBLS

PreviousNext

Return to Knockout Stage