Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Game 6: Arabia (a small twist. reveal map: all visible)

Moderators:  AoC_India,  stian

Advertisement from Google 

Game 6: Arabia (a small twist. reveal map: all visible)

Postby  andreskbr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:36 am

I usually like different settings, but is this one worthed? I mean, you will know the exact build order of your enemy, when he stops to make vills(watch his town center), and all the information of the map as soon as the game start. Please someone correct if I'm wrong, but i think the game should be mostly booming and waiting for the enemy to take the initiative, which I consider very poor compared to what AoC can provide. Perhaps adding no wall mod or replace all visible for no fog mod(so you still have to scout) would make it more interesting :)
 andreskbr

1928 (48%)

Re: Game 6: Arabia (a small twist. reveal map: all visible)

Postby  AkeNo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:03 am

I agree
 AkeNo

1806 (61%)

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 am

it seems very bad idea as standard setting for tournament, but for one game it would be funny I think 11
 asdfasdfasdf1

Postby  livrodedaniel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:07 am

I liked all visible. Its just one game, and Polaris is nice cause is different of others torneys.
 livrodedaniel

Postby  Sinken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:33 am

They did this in the BCC3 tournament (or whatever it was called), and it seemed like people enjoyed it. Worth a shot!
Last edited by  Sinken on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Sinken

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  AoC_India » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:55 pm

28 Aug 2017, 10:33 GMT » Sinken wrote:
They did this in the BBC3 tournament (or whatever it was called), and it seemed like people enjoyed it. Worth a shot!

^Its inspired by the BCC3 tournament, yes.
<[_SY_]Yo__> brazucas has bigger *** 3 times than my head
<[_SY_]Yo__>
<[TyRanT]BacT> 1111111
<[TyRanT]BacT> 1
<L_Clan_dogao> even my tits are bigger than ur head
<[_SY_]Yo__> and u proud of that?
<L_Clan_dogao> ofc
 AoC_India

Postby  patao » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 am

I think it's worth a shot. The mind games could get crazy. It would be pretty lame to play all games like that, but I think it's a great twist to try :lol:
 patao

Postby  angelina_jolie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm

I think they will go verry aggresive! Yo fwds alot with the other player following vills etc and know exactly what to do! + deer that they can take for more resources early game! Lets see it :D dont judge before we all see it ^^
 angelina_jolie

2173 (50%)

Postby  pumukel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:46 pm

29 Aug 2017, 21:26 GMT » angelina_jolie wrote:
before we all see it ^^

sadly there is a considerable chance that this bo7 will not go to game 6. I've heard Yo is a pretty strong player. but let's see, maybe pike pulls a feage. #believinginpikebecauseoflovingpike
 pumukel
Admin

Postby  DraXieN » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:04 am

29 Aug 2017, 21:26 GMT » angelina_jolie wrote:
I think they will go verry aggresive! Yo fwds alot with the other player following vills etc and know exactly what to do! + deer that they can take for more resources early game! Lets see it :D dont judge before we all see it ^^

I doubt this is gonna happen. Let's see the civs, but Id say arguably best strategy is wall fc - if they can really wall. Drush is almost a nonsence, because enemy gonna spot the raxes ASAP and can just wall res, etc. Mobility of scouts is also not too important on all visible. Fwd makes sense if enemy has a horrible map, but for the guy with horrible map it's very easy to see enemy is going fwd and he has enough time to prepare defense. Standard arch is just slow and also visible for very long, but maybe it can happen in case players are sure enemy cant wall. But so many maps are clearly wallable if you see all the cliffs and forests immediately. All that being said, I'd bet on players going fc - maybe even unwalled and then either going xbows/kts if they think they can pressure some spots or monks/mangonels if they're preparing boom and defence. But I'm interested to see if its really going to happen. But any case defensive play must has an edge over aggresive play with all visible.
TheKkeif » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 pm

I'll come on Thursday, what time in Moscow?
 DraXieN

Next

Return to Main Forum