Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

[KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Moderator:  swissboyy

Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: [KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 pm

  04 Dec 2017, 04:38 GMT » SouFire wrote:
Everytime i get malays i struggle with the eco management, once i finally get the eco running i find out that they lack of strong units and army composition specially on imperial.

Karambit power is very situational, there is a high chance you lose between feudal and castle age with that civ, having said that i blame that civ for kicking out our King :|

I think too many people (can't say for sure) take into account that you up faster and should make more villagers so they have equivalent uptime to non-malay player, but don't take into account that they spend food so much faster on vils.

I think even 25 pop is a little bit on fast side especially if you're making archers from 2 ranges, then again 27 up is too greedy perhaps. But once you got eco going it's really a massive bonus in my opinion.

IMO malay are still among top civilizations (probably after indians, malians, mayans, incas, berbers, burmese and aztecs), the UU is super underrated (I read many times in twitch chat how karambits are shit), in reality there are few units that counter them efficiently.
 asdfasdfasdf1
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
 

Re: [KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Postby  misafeco » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 pm

  06 Dec 2017, 11:24 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
IMO malay are still among top civilizations (probably after indians, malians, mayans, incas, berbers, burmese and aztecs), the UU is super underrated (I read many times in twitch chat how karambits are shit), in reality there are few units that counter them efficiently.

That's why they lose all the time. :lol:
 misafeco
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Feb 17, 2012
 1528 (38%)
 

Re: [KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 pm

  06 Dec 2017, 11:32 GMT » misafeco wrote:
  06 Dec 2017, 11:24 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
IMO malay are still among top civilizations (probably after indians, malians, mayans, incas, berbers, burmese and aztecs), the UU is super underrated (I read many times in twitch chat how karambits are shit), in reality there are few units that counter them efficiently.

That's why they lose all the time. :lol:

you can't use statistics of 1 tournament to draw conclusions, the number of games played is way too small, especially considering it's only the first arabia 1v1 tournament on these settings, WK is only available for 3 months, and there is a big skill difference between players. Even mid-tournament we can see big changes in civ picks/bans, and that might very well change in couple months.
 asdfasdfasdf1
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
 

Re: [KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Postby  misafeco » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 pm

  06 Dec 2017, 11:56 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
  06 Dec 2017, 11:32 GMT » misafeco wrote:
  06 Dec 2017, 11:24 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
IMO malay are still among top civilizations (probably after indians, malians, mayans, incas, berbers, burmese and aztecs), the UU is super underrated (I read many times in twitch chat how karambits are shit), in reality there are few units that counter them efficiently.

That's why they lose all the time. :lol:

you can't use statistics of 1 tournament to draw conclusions, the number of games played is way too small, especially considering it's only the first arabia 1v1 tournament on these settings, WK is only available for 3 months, and there is a big skill difference between players. Even mid-tournament we can see big changes in civ picks/bans, and that might very well change in couple months.

It's still better to draw conclusions from actual pro player game data than from subjective opinions. There are already a few dozen games to analyze from KotD and they don't suggest that Malay are anywhere near the top civs' level. But you're right that it might change as the meta advances.
 misafeco
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Feb 17, 2012
 1528 (38%)
 

Re: [KotD] QF DauT vs Hearttt

Postby  JoshuaR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 am

And there was only a single game where karambits seemed to be strong.
 JoshuaR
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Oct 11, 2013
 
 
Previous

Return to Recs & VODs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators