Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

MoA5: Start of the Tournament/Final Brackets

Moderators:  GmanStreams,  Kigo,  kc_Ereon

Advertisement from Google 

MoA5: Start of the Tournament/Final Brackets

Postby  GmanStreams » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:59 am

Hi guys,

Brackets:

The Final brackets are now live, they can be found here: http://challonge.com/MoA5S1

Some Sign-Ups did not make it into the final bracket, this can have one of two reason.
1: Your combined seed was not in the top #64
2: Any other rulebreak/admin reason

Scheduling and posting recs:

Scheduling
For the Ro64, Ro32 and Ro16 one of the players in a matchup will have to open a scheduling topic in the relevant subforum here on aoczone, where both players have to confirm a time. If no time can be found an admin time will be enforced or an AW will be granted.
For the rest of the tournament the admins will open a scheduling topic for you, but the same rules apply.

Rec posting
For the Ro64, Ro32, Ro16 the winner has to post the recs to the relevant subforum here on aoczone unless the loser offers to do it for him. Remember: No recs = No score
For the rest of the tournament the admins will post the recs to prevent spoilers. Do make sure that the matches are recorded to voobly with: VCOM Ladder rating enabled. Same goes here: No recs on Voobly = No score.

Settings:

1: The full list of settings can be found here
2: The higher seed is per default the host of the draft, unless both players agree otherwise.
3: A note for the pick/ban system. The BO3 and BO5 options will have 4 and 6 picks respectively, this is because after the draft the non-host of the draft (per default the lowest seed) bans one of his opponents picked civs by typing it in the Voobly lobby, after this the draft host (per default the highest seed) does the same.

Prizes:

Full list of Donators can be found here
We have changed the prizepool distribution to: 45%/30%/15%/10% for place 1/2/3/4 respectivly with a total of 839USD so far :)

Most importantly have fun guys, this is shaping up to be the best Masters of Arena yet ;)
 GmanStreams

Re: MoA5: Start of the Tournament/Final Brackets

Postby  i_no_english » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:02 pm

I remember someone in Twitch chat saying to you 'Is MoA5 even gonna take off? No good players have signed up'.
Well... look at the sign ups now, probably the strongest master of arena field ever.. Good job!!!
 i_no_english

Postby  Jupe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:15 pm

This morning i was sipping coffee while having a view to frozen lake. Having just managed to pull my boar deaths down to average of only 2.3 per game i was confident that i now had what it takes to became the next TheViper. I had purposely hidden my real 1v1 skills for almost 4 years knowing now it would be my time to shine.

It was Rubenstock who first aknowledged to me that i indeed, had what it takes to defeat the top of the top, and asked me to sign up MoA 5 with him. Even the former king of arena TheMax was too scared to sign up knowing i had already signed up. Two weeks of nonstop planning new strategies and practising in secret and i was confident i would surprise everyone. Even my personal coach TheMax only asked me to download the idle villager pointer; and at that point i knew i had it all.

While at about half way done with my coffee still looking at the gorgeous view of a frozen lake and forrest. Confident knowing that even TheViper wouldn't scare me in the first round, i heard my phone beeping. Rubenstock had messages me and all i could see at first were text in CAPS LOCK. I finished the last drops of the world famous finnish-filter-coffee and took a look at the message i received. ''JUPE, YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT TO MOA5'' ''THERE ARE 17'S BUT YOU ARE NOT IN''. I thought he was trolling so i went and looked at the brackets myself. Indeed i didn't find my name in the brackets. Was it really that years of BF fast imping, planned and practised Arena Trushing and with hundreds of trees cut with trebuchets in BF this was all i ended up in?

Now facing the reality that i need to go back to my cycle of dull life grinding 17+ BF rooms for my 2k TG rate knowing that no-one will ever find out what the best strategy was for WK Arena.
Last edited by  Jupe on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[22:42]<___fury> is hard playing with spy's on team speak and watching game.
[22:43]<___fury> now 4:30 spec delay
 Jupe

1877 (49%)

Postby  GmanStreams » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:22 pm

31 Dec 2017, 12:15 GMT » Jupe wrote:
This morning i was sipping coffee while having a view to frozen lake. Having just managed to pull my boar deaths down to average of only 2.3 per game i was confident that now had what it takes to became the next TheViper. I had purposely hidden my real 1v1 skills for almost 4 years i knew now it would be my time to shine.

It was Rubenstock who first aknowledged to me that i indeed, had what it takes to defeat the top of the top, and asked me to sign up MoA 5 with him. Even the former king of arena TheMax was too scared to sign up knowing i had already signed up. Two weeks of nonstop planning new strategies and practising in secret and i was confident i would surprise everyone. Even my personal coach TheMax only asked me to download the idle villager pointer; and at that point i knew i had it all.

While at about half way done with my coffee still looking at the gorgeous view of a frozen lake and forrest. Confident knowing that even TheViper wouldn't scare me in the first round, i heard my phone beeping. Rubenstock had messages me and all i could see at first were text in CAPS LOCK. I finished the last drops of the world famous finnish-filter-coffee and took a look at the message i received. ''JUPE, YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT TO MOA5'' ''THERE ARE 17'S BUT YOU ARE NOT IN''. I thought he was trolling so i went and looked at the brackets myself. Indeed i didn't find my name in the brackets. Was it really that years of BF fast imping, planned and practised Arena Trushing and with hundreds of trees cut with trebuchets in BF this was all i ended up in?

Now facing the reality that i need to go back to my cycle of dull life grinding 17+ BF rooms for my 2k TG rate knowing that no-one will ever find out what the best strategy was for WK Arena.

gg back to bifi
 GmanStreams

Postby  kingthegreatone » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 pm

31 Dec 2017, 12:15 GMT » Jupe wrote:
This morning i was sipping coffee while having a view to frozen lake. Having just managed to pull my boar deaths down to average of only 2.3 per game i was confident that i now had what it takes to became the next TheViper. I had purposely hidden my real 1v1 skills for almost 4 years knowing now it would be my time to shine.

Very emotional stuff. Hard luck man. Stopping Youtube tutorials must be the reason for this. :-)

Warm Regards
KTGOZone
 kingthegreatone

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  DraXieN » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Matches to look fwd in the 1st round:
1) Klavskis vs Metal
2) LB10 vs Vik_Warrior
TheKkeif » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 pm

I'll come on Thursday, what time in Moscow?
 DraXieN

Postby  Modri » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Another highlight: young Melkor tries to take revenge for his brother's fall at the hands of King Marv in Arena Battlegrounds.
 Modri

2028 (58%)

Postby  edie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:07 pm

I think bracket should be redone and adjusted asap before it’s too late. I can’t devote any time today but bracket is just senseless some player get free road to top 8 and even top 4 while they are definitmy not even top 16, there is bracket with Arabia player who didn’t play a single arena, I say this after talking with few of the others arena experts. Personally I don’t care and I like challenge and I’m not even disappointed with my bracket i don’t mind, I am more sad about my arena buddies, who are way stronger than some that get free pass to top4. this has to be one of the unfairest bracket ever made. Huge disappointment, in ur seeding rule u said u can adjust seeding, seems u just used rating and didn’t adjust anything.
Last edited by  edie on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2267 (56%)

Postby  MetalRTS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:10 pm

31 Dec 2017, 18:07 GMT » edie wrote:
I think bracket should be redone and adjusted asap before it’s too late. I can’t devote any time today but bracket is just senseless some player get free road to top 8 and even top 4 while they are definitmy not even top 16, there is bracket with Arabia player who didn’t play a single arena, I say this after talking with few of the others arena experts. Personally I don’t care and I like challenge and I’m not even disappointed with my bracket i don’t mind, but this has to be one of the unfairest bracket ever made. Huge disappointment, in ur seeding rule u said u can adjust seeding, seems u just used rating and didn’t adjust anything.

I had similar thought when I seen brackets. I agree. I think players should be seeded based on current+highest rated maybe?
 MetalRTS

Postby  Influenza » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:11 pm

nah I'm sure it's fine. It was fine when arena players got into KoTD and took spots from far more deserving players. Should be ok in this tournament too
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Next

Return to General Discussion