Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Is anything going to change?

Moderators:  GmanStreams,  Kigo,  kc_Ereon

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Is anything going to change?

Postby  Influenza » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

and what is a good argument must be decided by you i suppose :lol: :lol: :lol:
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Athasos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 pm

nah but i can state my opinion, or not?
Didn't want to be rude man, I tried to be nice :twisted: :twisted:
 Athasos

Postby  TheSerpent_ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm

14 Jan 2018, 08:29 GMT » rmcoo wrote:
  14 Jan 2018, 08:20 GMT » TheSerpent_ wrote:
  14 Jan 2018, 08:09 GMT » Influenza wrote:
I already explained the difference. For slam, the time frame of the round of 32 was not over. For everyone else possibly affected, their rounds were finished. Lol

And the rule is not exactly non-existent. The rule about NO HELP from chat is certainly related. And then there's that whole section about fair play. Getting strategy advice mid game in a 1v1 tournament is not fair at all, unless you guys have a different working definition than what I do.

Exactly - there obviously is a rule in the Rules of the tournament about no third party help during a game. Melkor literally admitted to giving his brother 3rd party help during the game. It's cheating plain and simple. All that had to be done was the admins man up and make the right decision to replay the match, since cheating was involved. How is this so difficult for people to comprehend?

And cheating for the past 6 years doesn't excuse you from cheating, if anything it makes it worse. No-one here is demanding a replay of all the tourney games in which they have cheated, but a replay (if not admin win to slam) of the moa5 game is more than reasonable.

I feel like the admins are too scared to tell a 2k player (timmotheus) that he needs to replay his matches. He's not a god. It doesn't matter what skill level you are, cheating is inexcusable and should be punished, ESPECIALLY when there is clear evidence that they cheated. Ridiculous. Poor slam. This is bullshit

You do realize Slam said he doesn't want a replay of the games..?

Slam is the mr. nice guy of aoc - you expect him to admit to admit to wanting a rematch of the games a week after they've been played?
 TheSerpent_

1819 (57%)

Postby  rmcoo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 am

I understand that quoting incorrectly is your kind of thing, you did it a lot in this thread, but slam posted he doesn't want a replay ONE DAY after he played the games, not one week viewtopic.php?f=1636&t=136975&hilit=slam&start=110 . In addition, you are harassing Gman for not giving a replay to a guy, who said right away he would not play a replay? That's like harassing a candy store manager for not giving a free candy to a child who is walking with a poster "I do not want candy". Not to mention he even said he is happy, that Feanor won.
<__TyRaeL__> u sux
<__TyRaeL__> gay waller
<Dobbs351> Oh you are still here? Go play XXXRay or Dracont they are more of your level
 rmcoo

2000 (51%)

Postby  Influenza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 am

15 Jan 2018, 06:19 GMT » rmcoo wrote:
I understand that quoting incorrectly is your kind of thing, you did it a lot in this thread, but slam posted he doesn't want a replay ONE DAY after he played the games, not one week viewtopic.php?f=1636&t=136975&hilit=slam&start=110 . In addition, you are harassing Gman for not giving a replay to a guy, who said right away he would not play a replay? That's like harassing a candy store manager for not giving a free candy to a child who is walking with a poster "I do not want candy". Not to mention he even said he is happy, that Feanor won.

slam posted that he didn't want a replay long after gman already said he wasn't going to do anything anyways. If you actually read slam's post, it was clear that he thought the tips gave an unfair advantaage, but at the same time he didn't want to cause more controversy, so backed away from the replay...

It was obviously the wrong admin decision. Every single argument against the suggested replay has been completely refuted. Now all that's left is "SLAM DIDN'T ASK FOR THE REPLAY SO IT DOESNT MATTER THAT THE MATCHES WERE UNFAIR." Don't think I could have come up with something more retarded if i tried
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  LegendOfSocks » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

I've recently found out that those beef burger patties from ALDI are sooo good, and now they are only $4 a pack i am literally getting like 3 packs a week :lol:
<[TyRanT]_DauT_> i dont know how to instal this s***
 LegendOfSocks

2000 (44%)

Postby  TheSerpent_ » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 am

Give an example of where I quoted incorrectly...? I haven't even mentioned the word gman nor spoke to him ever in my life and yet you're saying im harrassing him? Get real mate
 TheSerpent_

1819 (57%)

Postby  Athasos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

15 Jan 2018, 07:21 GMT » Influenza wrote:

slam posted that he didn't want a replay long after gman already said he wasn't going to do anything anyways. If you actually read slam's post, it was clear that he thought the tips gave an unfair advantaage, but at the same time he didn't want to cause more controversy, so backed away from the replay...

It was obviously the wrong admin decision. Every single argument against the suggested replay has been completely refuted. Now all that's left is "SLAM DIDN'T ASK FOR THE REPLAY SO IT DOESNT MATTER THAT THE MATCHES WERE UNFAIR." Don't think I could have come up with something more retarded if i tried

Come on, he spoke with both and decided accordingly.
Of course they didn't make it all public to stop the discussion to get out of hand.
You have a very strong opinion how to interpret the rules, but that doesn't change the fact, that it's only your OPINION.
I your OPINION the actions are unfair and/or violate the intent of the rule of no advice from chat during livestreaming.
Well, there are a lot of people in this forum, who don't see it as unfair. The whole discussion in this topic is about wheather it's fair or not.
About the other rule I will not comment any more as I already made my point there clear.
Only one thing, there is a lot of grey area and a lot of reasoning not to use it for this problem, even though I will admit that it is at least possible to use it here.

But all that does not matter as the decison in unclear situations like these is up to the admins.
So they decided, that the rules were not clear enough for a replay or DQ, but kindly demanded the brothers to not do it anymore, to keep the controversy down.
In my eyes a reasonable decision. In yours a wrong decision.
 Athasos

Postby  Skittle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

i am rly impressed how ~4 people can discuss this issue on like 15 pages with the same 2-3 arguments 11
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Postby  rmcoo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:25 am

15 Jan 2018, 07:21 GMT » Influenza wrote:

Highlighted the parts that I didn't even talk about in my post. I did not say that it wasn't unfair, nor would I disagree that he did it not to cause any more controversy, you pulled both of these out of thin air. I also did not say that it doesn't matter that the matches were unfair either, so putting quotation marks on something I did not even write or even think about is also hilarious. Lastly, you are writing that sentence as if I was discussing this topic all along, this is my first post in this thread.
Congrats, you won the argument that you made yourself... Your last sentence sums up your post pretty well. The only part that I talked about in my post was the justification of a replay.

EDIT: Thanks Athasos for a very nice detailed comment, couldn't have said it better myself.
<__TyRaeL__> u sux
<__TyRaeL__> gay waller
<Dobbs351> Oh you are still here? Go play XXXRay or Dracont they are more of your level
 rmcoo

2000 (51%)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion