Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

MoA5 SF WB CL vs St4rk (technical difficulties)

Moderators:  GmanStreams,  Kigo,  kc_Ereon

Advertisement from Google 

Re: MoA5 SF WB CL vs St4rk (technical difficulties)

Postby  jacquesc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 pm

05 Feb 2018, 18:14 GMT » szalty wrote:
  MembTV wrote:
CL tried everything to make it work, i was also in his chinese stream and he was frustrated, really frustrated and did everything he had to do, the only thing he should have done, like ALL PLAYERS should do is prepare tournaments 1 day before, then this things doesn´t happen, but like i said if there were no firewall problems or anything, he could have fixed in 5 minutes, but also the day before.

Agreed. When taking part of a tournament, make sure you are set to play SEVERAL days beforehand, language barrier and lack of information shouldn't be an excuse in this case.
St4rk did nothing wrong in this situation, he is a very patient and modest person
For admins to bend on their own rules, no matter how important the game is, is a shame. The rules were stated clearly before the seeds were drafted, and language barrier or geographic location is not an excuse, no matter the importance of the game.

The problem is that the situation became a double edged sword;
a) AW would be the fair thing for the players. Rules were not followed and expectations were not lived up to. This is a absolute AW.
b) It's a huge strike against the community that's really hyped to see this semi without (from many viewers perspective) St4rk getting a "free win" (notice the quotation marks pls).

1, conclusion:
CL's kid being sick and St4rk having plans for next weekend thus not being able to reschedual, could be equally bullshit. Some things can be proven, other things can't. Again, that's what rules are for. This is not a $100.000 world cup, this is not CS or Dota2, this is AoE ll, a community driven game. So launching a full investigation would be waste of time and effort.
These things concidered, every bit of information that comes up afterwards, from the players side, could be biased to fit the situation to their advantage. It could be bullshit to justify breaking the rules. We don't know, no one will ever know.
----->AND THAT'S WHAT PRE-SET RULES ARE FOR.<-----

If St4rk would be willing to find in his heart to do his best effort to reschedual this, I amongst many others would be eternally grateful.
a) It would show exceptional sportsmanship, and make the community very happy.
b) If he sticks to his request he is in all fairness NOT doing anything wrong, absolutely NOT being less sportsmanlike, he's merely following the rules pre-set by admins.

2, conclusion:
St4rk is not the feint-hearted and he's not a complete @$$. But yet again, as stated several times by others, rules are to be followed.

The silver lining here is, follow the rules, both admins and participants, and there won't be more drama then necessary. This is COMPLETELY unnecessary. This entire situation, and how it's getting out of hand, is exactly why rules are made. No matter who what where when. We live in a society, let the ones IN the given situation (St4rk & CL) make the moral calls, and the ones OUTSIDE (Admins and community) make the ruleset calls. Those who set the rules, apply them. That's that.
I think St4rk should try to reschedual, BUT he's absolutely right to request AW. He's not abusing the situation, NOR is he being an *** about it. It's fair and square.

Unfortunately what you have stated has been assumed that CL broke the rule and not got prepared for the sync version with both host and stark. However, the rule initially didn't state anything about which patch should be used for the game. Later on, the admin stated that 5.6 should be stuck until the tourney is over. CL prepared the correct version and he didn't have the obligation with hindsight to install the 5.6.1 version prior to the scheduled time. I believe for most tourney viewers (exclusively to viewers like me only watching games on Twitch, YouTube or any other platform but not launching Voobly), they knew nothing about this version. I have looked up the rules very carefully, no result of 5.6.1 is found. If 5.6.1 was not stated on the rules, CL obeyed all rules by sticking into 5.6 and he is not obliged to update to 5.6.1 despite it would be a 5-minute stuff given that the auto-updater works properly, though it's not the case in China.

CL could get the issue fixed if he logged into Voobly days before, he didn't breach any rules by prepared 5.6 rather than 5.6.1, unless there was black-and-white stated that 5.6.1 is the ONLY version to be used in this tourney.

I hate China but we have to stay neutral in any disputes. St4rk found no fault neither did CL. I wonder if St4rk would be asked to recover his patch to 5.6 and did the host MembTV?

Finally, as a long-term AOC lover, I only hope to watch the expert duel and one beats the other. God bless AOC.
 jacquesc

Postby  Turbo_t11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Uhm, for those that missed it, the scheduling thread is back active with St4ark and Cl trying to confirm a date/time.

Issue resolved.

Good on you St4rk, best of luck.

viewtopic.php?f=1635&t=137484&start=10

T
 Turbo_t11

Postby  jacquesc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 pm

07 Feb 2018, 20:39 GMT » Turbo_t11 wrote:
Uhm, for those that missed it, the scheduling thread is back active with St4ark and Cl trying to confirm a date/time.

Issue resolved.

Good on you St4rk, best of luck.

viewtopic.php?f=1635&t=137484&start=10

T

Oh sorry MembTV just said no news for the this matchup. This is the best solution could be seen:) Good luck both St4rk and CL
 jacquesc

Postby  kc_Ereon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm

I havent read all of this, but somebody tell me please:
If you have WK 5.6.1 installed, how do you downgrade on WK 5.6? Is that (bugged!) version still online?

Also: Once my question gets answered, I may delete this post (and the answer as well) to keep this discussion short Kappa
 kc_Ereon

1622 (52%)

Postby  Poxo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:26 am

07 Feb 2018, 21:47 GMT » kc_Ereon wrote:
I havent read all of this, but somebody tell me please:
If you have WK 5.6.1 installed, how do you downgrade on WK 5.6? Is that (bugged!) version still online?

Also: Once my question gets answered, I may delete this post (and the answer as well) to keep this discussion short Kappa

I think you can run the .exe file and select a previous version.
(edit by kc_Ereon: If you mean the WKUpdater.exe, I only find "old patch/data mod WK 5.6" which is 5.6.1 in the latest version of WK, no?)

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (47%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  BruTe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

I truly dont understand the fuss.

From a purely objective standpoint technically CL could have asked for AW because Stark did NOT have the Version officially stated on which this game is to be played.

Just because 5.6.1. is newer doesnt mean CL would have to use it, period.

People bringing in their emotions because they waited means nothing.

Not that it matters anymore, I look forward to their games!
"The cake is a lie" - Socrates 513 B.C.
 BruTe

Postby  Lanchi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:02 am

09 Feb 2018, 20:55 GMT » BruTe wrote:
I truly dont understand the fuss.

From a purely objective standpoint technically CL could have asked for AW because Stark did NOT have the Version officially stated on which this game is to be played.

People bringing in their emotions because they waited means nothing.

Not that it matters anymore, I look forward to their games!

WTF 1 week later still some guy don't read anything and say CL have right version
CL AW is the most ridiculous point in these 9x post

read this carefully
"Admin was in the room and say 5.6.1 is the right version"
 Lanchi

Postby  r0b0v » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 am

Isn't informing CL about new version first time in lobby little too late? CL had -came to the room with- correct tournament version. Surely he doesn't deserve AW for St4rk.
Last edited by  r0b0v on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 r0b0v

Postby  kc_Ereon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:34 am

09 Feb 2018, 20:55 GMT » BruTe wrote:

Maybe you can answer my question I asked two posts before yours:
How do you downgrade to 5.6 if you have installed 5.6.1 already? Is it possible? (5.6 is bugged in case you didnt know that)
 kc_Ereon

1622 (52%)

Previous

Return to General Discussion