Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

[BoA] Questions about Rules & Settings

Moderator:  swissboyy

Advertisement from Google 

Re: [BoA] Questions about Rules & Settings

Postby  buddy__1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm

ratings doesnt tell the whole story either since you can be specialized in a specific map or setting
 buddy__1

Postby  edie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

imo voobly rating should not even be use for seeding, i prefered when in past they was tooking look at achievement of a player, or ask the favorits send seeded list.
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2217 (56%)

Postby  nimanoe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm

yeah I agree, imo the ideal seeding is to let the captains of every team (or the top x teams if there are a lot of teams) send their seedings and take the average of those lists. But if you were to seed based on ratings to incentivize activity on the ladder, which I think is swissboyys intention, then I'd take an average of the TG and 1v1 ladder
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1513 (45%)

Postby  ___Black___ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:36 pm

11 Feb 2018, 13:04 GMT » edie wrote:
imo voobly rating should not even be use for seeding, i prefered when in past they was tooking look at achievement of a player, or ask the favorits send seeded list.

I agree, if I'm not wrong, for the WSVG World Championship 2015 Maldives tournament, something similar was done. I suppose Edie refers to something like this
viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=112473
8-)

___BlaCK___ dice:
de wood, molino oro etc?

KaoS_zZ dice:
fc cib tidas kas nehires

KaoS_zZ dice:
Ajjkljajajahajhaja

___BlaCK___ dice:
arameo? gg
 ___Black___

Postby  robo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:57 pm

This was done for CM:TFS and NC 2017 with some of the top seeded teams and admins being asked for their opinions.
 robo

1703 (50%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Spaden » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 pm

11 Feb 2018, 13:57 GMT » robo wrote:
This was done for CM:TFS and NC 2017 with some of the top seeded teams and admins being asked for their opinions.

It was done in TLC2 as well (DM 2v2 tournament)
<[BsK]Exile_> look at the courageuous creative motivational tactics
<[BsK]Exile_> nigga
<[BsK]Exile_> i know more big words
<[BsK]Exile_> than a dictiornary

[NoGs]chinge: my map straight up bald like rubens head

Spaden

2000 (49%)

Postby  swissboyy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm

In past tournament I used a combination of rating and expert opinion too. Surprisingly the vote from the players made basically no difference at all.
In general I much prefer the seeding based on rating because it's 100% objective and gives responsibility and power to the players. There's a clear path to get in / improve your position.

I agree that the current solution of using 1v1 rating is a bit flawed, working on a solution.
Masters of Arena 2 & 3
Masters of MegaRandom
King of the Desert

paypal.me/swissboyy
 swissboyy

Postby  LegendOfSocks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:35 pm

I know in other games you have a competition leading up to the main tournament that is specifically for seeding purposes. But in this case there simply isnt enough time for something like this.
<[TyRanT]_DauT_> i dont know how to instal this s***
 LegendOfSocks

2000 (44%)

Postby  Juvenal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

i don't know, if this was discussed before, but i can't remember i have already read it:
All games, all rounds
"Hidden Civilizations" must always be activated.
The higher seed decides if he wants to be Team A or Team B.
Teams must post the full result of the pick / ban phase before the start of the first game.

Group Stage (Bo5)
3 different maps; 30 different civilizations [https://aoe2cm.net/ -> BoA 1]
1. Team A bans 1 civilization.
2. Teams pick 15 different civilizations each in the order A, BB, AA, BB, AA, BB, AA, BB, AA, BB, AA, BB, AA, BB, AA, B.
3. Both teams ban and pick 1 map from the map pool (ban Team A, ban Team B, pick Team A, pick Team B). The remaining map will be played in game 1, followed by Team A's homemap in game 2, Team B's homemap in game 3, Team A's homemap again in game 4, Team B's homemap again in game 5.
4. Teams hidden pick civilizations from their pool for each game. They can't pick any civilization twice.

why does the higher seed have the possibility to decide if he wants to be Team A or Team B?
Team A has basically all the advantages in the ban/pick process:
- Team A can ban a civ globaly.
- less mentionable, but Team A can start picking civs (guess that is a small advantage or none at all).
- Team A can ban a map and choose a home map first - i really expect all teams banning socotra and maybe colosseum. I haven't seen a team practicing on the BoA maps except arabia yet. so i guess all teams will either ban the map instantly or, if it was played once a team made up a good strat for the map, the opponents of this team will ban it in the next round, because they want to avoid this strat?
- Homemap of Team A will always be played in G2 and G4, which gives it another advantage. why is it not G1 Neutral Map, G2 Homemap Loser of G1, G3: Homemap Winner of G3, G4: Homemap of whoever is behind after G3, G5: Homemap of whoever is in lead after G3?

there is no need of even making this a choice or have i missed something?
 Juvenal

Postby  TerminatorIV » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Each player that hasn't played at least 10 rated team games on any tournament map in the month leading up to the event will get a rating penalty of -100 (-10 points for each missing game).

By "on any tournament map" you mean "on each tournament map" or "on all tournament maps in sum"? 10 games on each tournament map in half a moth would be quite a lot in my opinion. However like it is now, players will just understand that they can get along with 10 games only on Kindarabia ...
 TerminatorIV

1578 (0%)

PreviousNext

Return to Rules & Settings