Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (42)
»  Jupe
»  Poxo
Guests (159)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

AoC Statistics [6.feb.2016]

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Re: AoC Statistics

Postby  pip » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:45 am

Hey, looked into the gates, and found funny stuff.
Only one rotation of the gate takes 30 seconds to build no matter if fortified wall is researched or not. (short gate left to right following the bottom right edge of the map). All the other gates take 70s to finish, so I corrected the main number there. not sure if I should specify this though :D it's definitely a bug.

I fixed the rest. With the reload times I moved the experimental values to the note and only listed the values from data files.
 pip

Postby  Jineapple » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:08 am

Okay that's weird :P
I just saw that it was sometimes 30s and sometimes 70s, and when I tested it, it took longer with fortified wall researched, but I did not look out for rotation. Apparently I just had the "luck" to use those rotations that fit my theory with fortified wall research :P

Currently I'm looking into a few techs and there's interesting stuff to be found here as well:
-For Obsidian Arrows: The +6 against stone defense doesn't actually work, because the archer-line doesn't have any attack against stone defense, they would need 0 attack for it to be upgraded. They only do 6 dmg per shot against a stone wall.
-I have to correct myself on a previous comment I made: Parthian Tactics in theory affects camel archers (if you look at the game files), but Berbers don't actually get parthian tactics! (And on a side note, the spearmen attack bonus wouldn't work on them because they again miss that blank attack class)
-It might be interesting to note the units that get a 0 attack bonus against archers, as they would do 2 extra damage against elephant archers.
Last edited by  Jineapple on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Jineapple

Postby  pip » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 am

They should really hire you as an official tester .11
I let cysion know about the bugs. I keep spamming him, hope he's not angry :]
 pip

Postby  Jineapple » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Well I'll just keep spamming you to let you know what it's like ;)

-Hand Cannoneers have 1 melee/0 pierce armor (both versions)
-Maybe you should add all armors/classes of a unit in the details, even if they're 0, so one can find out whether certain attack bonuses work. E.g. Conquistadors aren't Cavalry Archers in AoC, but they are in the expansions, so skirmishers get extra bonus damage against them.
For most units it should be clear to which classes they belong, but especially for unique units there are some weird cases.
 Jineapple

Postby  pip » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:17 pm

30 Dec 2015, 15:57 GMT » Jineapple wrote:
Well I'll just keep
-Maybe you should add all armors/classes of a unit in the details, even if they're 0, so one can find out whether certain attack bonuses work. E.g. Conquistadors aren't Cavalry Archers in AoC, but they are in the expansions, so skirmishers get extra bonus damage against them.
For most units it should be clear to which classes they belong, but especially for unique units there are some weird cases.

I think you are wrong here. They are not cav archers in the african patch. In both new and old AoC they have 0 archer armor, that means (elite) skirmishers do get a bonus against them.

I would much rather not list all 0 armors, instead put the info to the units that do damage against them. Most people don't know that much in detail about the game. I think its easier to understand if you get a list of units you do extra damage against. I let people calculate with bonuses enough as is :)
 pip

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Jineapple » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:56 pm

30 Dec 2015, 17:17 GMT » pip wrote:
  30 Dec 2015, 15:57 GMT » Jineapple wrote:
Well I'll just keep

I think you are wrong here. They are not cav archers in the african patch. In both new and old AoC they have 0 archer armor, that means (elite) skirmishers do get a bonus against them.

I would much rather not list all 0 armors, instead put the info to the units that do damage against them. Most people don't know that much in detail about the game. I think its easier to understand if you get a list of units you do extra damage against. I let people calculate with bonuses enough as is :)

...You are right. I could have sworn I saw that armor class, but it's not there... Oh well, it's been a long day :P
Yeah, it's just the normal anti-archer bonus then.

Right, you can list more closely against which units the damage counts. I see your point, even if I'm not 100% sure I agree ;)
 Jineapple

Postby  Jineapple » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Someone who posted on my guide did some testing and discovered something weird - Bonus damage against camels doesn't work. I did testing in the scenario editor and pitched eagles and camels against mamelukes and camels. In both cases the bonus attack against camels is ignored completely. (Against Mamelukes, the heavy and imp camel did their reduced anti-cavalry damage like normal.)

I also just did a quick test in SP with aztecs against indians, and again my eagles didn't do any bonus damage against their camels.

Edit: I just tested other units that do anti-camel damage such as towers, kamayuks, pikemen etc.
I did not test all unit upgrades, but the damage seems to work fine here. It's only the eagle and the camel line that is affected.
I have no idea why the damage doesn't work though.

Edit2:
Also, Gate LOS should always be 6 I think, for stone gates etc. as well. I'm not sure what all the different gate units are for in the data files and why some have 5, other 6 LOS, but when you build them it seems to be 6 LOS (measured from the inner two tiles apparently)

Also:
-The Incan team bonus halves the creation time of farms, so they are built twice as fast (Just like Perfusion for Huskarls)
-You could add for the Byzantine team bonus that it doesn't affect gates (Although it does affect walls)
-For Cartography in expansions, you still have 1:00 BT, but it's 0:01
 Jineapple

Re: AoC Statistics [11.jan.2016]

Postby  pip » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:46 pm

January changelog:

* major facelift (should work better on mobile phones, too)
* unit availability by civ
* remember DLC choice from last visit
* fixed bugs found by Jinneapple and Tramadol, thx

Do a ctrl+f5 if it doesn't load the new page for you. If you want to list all units and tech available to a civilization, just search for the civilization name.

Edit: just found monk and missionary missing civ availability. if you find any others, please pm me, thx
 pip

Postby  Jineapple » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 am

Italians and Portuguese do get the basic Cavalry Archer.
 Jineapple

Postby  pip » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 pm

fixed:
* italians portuguese cav archers (thx Jineapple)
* fixed elite huskarl wrong bonus attack math (thx Jineapple)
* archers and skirmishers civ bonus mistake (saracens instead of persians) (thx Tramadol)
* added missing AoAK livestock and eatable prey animals, also changed the gathering title for these, would have been too long (thx Tramadol)

Slowly but surely all the errors are fixed hopefully. Big thanks to everyone correcting my mistakes!
 pip

PreviousNext

Return to Articles and Guides