Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (20)
»  BruZi
»  pexi
»  Zuppi
Guests (98)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

How to post Recorded Games

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

How to post Recorded Games

Postby  robo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:40 am

Step 1. Go to your save game folder, probably following this folder path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\SaveGame or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\SaveGame

Step 2. Create a new folder for the recorded games. Rename this folder something related to the recorded games. eg. [EoT]TwEpY vs [QuEnDi]klvowledge (PoV) Feb 8 or DMWC Group Stage robo vs _taff

[Show] Spoiler: Image

Step 3. Collect the recorded games you want, copy them and then paste them into the folder. you created.

[Show] Spoiler: images

Step 4. (optional) Rename the recorded games based on the tournament rules and settings, eg. DMWC_Group Stage robo vs _taff g1.mgz

Step 5. Select the (renamed) recorded games, right click and send to Compressed (zipped) Folder, and then rename the .zip folder to the name you choose in Step 2.

[Show] Spoiler: images

Note: If you have WinZip, then it will automatically give you the option of sending them to a renamed .zip folder using the name of subfolder it is within.

[Show] Spoiler: image

Step 6. Go to the relevant subforum to post the recorded games, either a tournament specific forum or the general daily recorded games forums and click the create topic button Image near the top left of the page.

[Show] Spoiler: Image

Step 7. Name the topic and post the score within spoilers. eg.
Code: Select all
(uk) [EoT]TwEpY (vs) [QuEnDi]klvowledge (usa) Feb 8

Step 8. Upload the recorded games by clicking on the upload attachment tab below the body of the thread and choosing the .zip folder you created earlier.

Step 9. Choose the rating ladder you wish the rec analyser to display. RM 1v1 if its a 1v1 game, RM tg if its a tg etc.

Step 10. (Optional) If you are posting non tournament recs then you should tick the 'Rename files (.ZIP only):' option.

Step 11. Add the file, then click the preview button to make sure the post displays properly, then click submit. Image

Step 12. Congratulations, you have successfully posted a recorded game. :) :D
 robo

1712 (51%)

Re: How to post Recorded Games

Postby  Poxo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:20 am

Why do you create a folder on the save games instead of the .zip file on savegames folder?
 Poxo

1827 (48%)

Re: How to post Recorded Games

Postby  robo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:31 am

a) to keep my save game folder tidy, if i want to watch recs from my games in rtsl for example, i just go into the rtsl folder and there they are.

b) it helps make sure you don't accidentally upload the wrong recs, the number of times i've added an extra rec in a pack that is completely random and had to go back and do it again.
 robo

1712 (51%)

Return to Articles and Guides