Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (55)
»  _ratS
»  BacT
»  htc
»  Janik
»  Mike_
»  Poxo
»  Sney
»  Zuppi
Guests (124)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

A Guide for Beginners

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Re: A Guide for Beginners

Postby  lynd0n » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Very good guide!
I have been watching many many expert recordings for over half a year now, often times with commentaries by Turkman, ZeroEmpires or Resonance, but still the guide gave me a little advice here and there.

But I have one question, considering that the guide was written four years ago: Is it still common to use Voobly or GameRanger? I've read in some tournament announcements that they're played via Voobly, yet the AoE HD Edition provides it's own multiplayer, right? So is the paragraph about Voobly and GameRanger still up to date?
Also, since there is an "elo translation" given in the guide, how does the AoE2 HD/Steam elo translate to the ones on GameRanger and Voobly in terms of being noob, being merely good, being pro, and so on? I've been playing AoE2 HD since its release (and AoC very noobishly before), but only now I stumbled across AoC Zone and Voobly/GameRanger...
So, yeah... a couple of questions. Thanks so far! :-)
 lynd0n

Postby  zoro » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 pm

i dont know the numbers regarding aoe hd on steam or gameranger, however there seem to be atleast > 600-1000 players in the medieval sieze lobby in voobly. gr doesn't not have an active anti cheat system, neither do they have a rating system. Although i own hd i have always prefered to play on voobly since the release because of initial lag issues. Currently the situation seems to have improved however i did not test it. There is a good distribution of skillset in voobly ranging from noobs to pros.
 zoro

Postby  boom31 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi! My question is where can i find some article or sth about the details of the game? For example: how much faster the food comes from hunting, than from sheep. etc.
Thanks in advance!
 boom31

Postby  TheOtherChris » Sat May 10, 2014 10:50 pm

10 May 2014, 21:46 GMT » boom31 wrote:
Hi! My question is where can i find some article or sth about the details of the game? For example: how much faster the food comes from hunting, than from sheep. etc.
Thanks in advance!

I think this is what you're looking for: http://aok.heavengames.com/university/s ... gathering/
 TheOtherChris

1693 (52%)

Postby  boom31 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:43 am

Yes that's exactly what i was looking for! thank you
 boom31

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  FaceWrecker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Thank you very much! Great guide.
 FaceWrecker

Postby  neilkaz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:38 pm

10 May 2014, 21:50 GMT » Chris167 wrote:
Thanks in advance!

I think this is what you're looking for: http://aok.heavengames.com/university/s ... gathering/

These rates are spot on with one exception and that is that fish traps were improved to .340 in a patch (I think was 1.0c).

These rates are from my tests and the results were posted at MFO and probably at AOKH years ago as well. I don't think any of the basic rates have changed for AoFE. Note that these rates assume no walking or sailing to dump food.

.. neilkaz ..
 neilkaz

Postby  DexX » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 am

Nice guide, thanks.
 DexX

Postby  guitarizt » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 am

05 Aug 2014, 18:38 GMT » neilkaz wrote:
  10 May 2014, 21:50 GMT » Chris167 wrote:
Thanks in advance!

These rates are spot on with one exception and that is that fish traps were improved to .340 in a patch (I think was 1.0c).

These rates are from my tests and the results were posted at MFO and probably at AOKH years ago as well. I don't think any of the basic rates have changed for AoFE. Note that these rates assume no walking or sailing to dump food.

.. neilkaz ..

Thanks, I didn't know the fishing traps gather rate had changed.
 guitarizt

1700 (47%)

Postby  cexia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 am

TKS Very Useful
 cexia

PreviousNext

Return to Articles and Guides