Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (21)
»  frhtr
»  wAkKo
Guests (89)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Nobody's FFA Brawl - March 26th @ 16:00 GMT!

Main page news

Moderators:  RacerFXX, News posters

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Nobody's FFA Brawl - March 26th @ 16:00 GMT!

Postby  Carlini8 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Carlini8 - 1800 on HD

A solid one win one loss in NPL on Voobly.
 Carlini8

Postby  SaladEsc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:39 pm

carlini <3 carlini <3 carlini <3 carlini <3 carlini <3
 SaladEsc

Postby  Chessfreak_ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 pm

As a lot of people said: ending the games in time might become an issue.
One idea:
How about admin-ending the game after the proposed time. The player with the highest sum of kills + razes is declared winner.

This would not decourage booming, but they would have to fight at one point.
 Chessfreak_

Postby  DraXieN » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

It's on Fast speed, it should end in time, I can't see capture the relic taking longer than 20 mins for example, king of the hill 90 mins with castle age start and on fast speed seems very unlikely aswell. If we can use some xtra time from these games to other that might (though I don't think they will) take a bit longer than 60 mins of real time, I don't see 6 hours not being enough. Now with another 90 mins it has to end in time range.
Also your idea isn't really what these modes are about. In standard RM FFA that could be a solution for some very rare scenarios when the game would be already boring for all players. King of the Hill has nothing to do with amount of kills/razes though, capture the relic aswell. That's what makes these modes unique.
 DraXieN

Postby  Nobody41 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:41 am

Looking at how sign ups are going, I am heavily considering having the same 7 participants participate in all games. This would not change who is playing in those games so much since most people have chosen to play most games, and this makes the most sense as far as time flexibility. I can not predict how long these games will go or what to do if say in ctr the match ends in 5 min. This would be unfortunate for players like timotheus that have only signed up for one game, and appeal to less players for signups (by maybe 3-4 players), however I believe it will be for a better spectator show and smoother for the players participating in more games. I will make a decision within a day. Feedback?
 Nobody41

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  AkeNo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 am

In my opinion that's a good idea. Especially since like you mentioned if the first game for example only takes 5 minutes or another game takes 4 hours (just random numbers) the players waiting for the next game might be unable to play (too early or or too late etc). This would then also feel more like a Mini Tournament which I would not be opposed to. Just my 2c
 AkeNo

1658 (51%)

Postby  TyRanT_Cerberus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:39 am

Cerberus

HD 2.1xx / Voobly http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/124463312
 TyRanT_Cerberus

Postby  DraXieN » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am

09 Mar 2017, 03:41 GMT » Nobody41 wrote:
Looking at how sign ups are going, I am heavily considering having the same 7 participants participate in all games. This would not change who is playing in those games so much since most people have chosen to play most games, and this makes the most sense as far as time flexibility. I can not predict how long these games will go or what to do if say in ctr the match ends in 5 min. This would be unfortunate for players like timotheus that have only signed up for one game, and appeal to less players for signups (by maybe 3-4 players), however I believe it will be for a better spectator show and smoother for the players participating in more games. I will make a decision within a day. Feedback?

I agree, with such settings you can't say when the game 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 will start, unless there are long pauses to start on scheduled time. For both viewers and players it's more comfortable to play 6 games in a row.
 DraXieN

Postby  Oli King » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 am

I dont think its fun to watch all the games the same players, also it might be demotivating to not get to play a single game and others play all...

why not do like 4/5 players play all games and then the last 2/3 spots have preselected players and you message them before the game starts. And if they dont respond within 5min just give the spot to viewers or sth like that. But if you have 4-5 preselected players, i am sure u will get a full lobby in no time. Many will also watch your stream so i dont think its that big of a problem to have flexible times.
 Oli King

Postby  Ghazna » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:21 pm

May be you should do a draw on all the sign ups instead of choosing by highest ratings.. xD
 Ghazna

PreviousNext

Return to Home