Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (47)
»  Ator
»  dogao
»  Jevo
»  rmcoo
»  Smi
»  Sney
»  Zoso
Guests (136)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Announcing King of the Desert - 3000$+ 1v1 Arabia tournament

Main page news

Moderator: News posters

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Announcing King of the Desert - 2500$+ 1v1 Arabia tourna

Postby  LegendOfSocks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:25 am

21 Sep 2017, 01:52 GMT » _Ra_ wrote:
it's actually a very good idea, that no other tournament did.
Make the number of spots limited, based on rating, but give plenty of time for people to up their rating. Brings a shitload of activity and games, without the need to moderate a bigger tournament, painful scheduling for both admins and players etc.
Also players who make the top, probably spent a lot of time practicing up front, so higher level of games in the actual tournaments, less AW etc.
Swissboy is an innovator like always!!

Well said my thoughts exactly regarding how the skill level will be higher with all this activity going on between players to ensure they are in the top 32. Great format indeed for signups!
<[TyRanT]_DauT_> i dont know how to instal this s***
 LegendOfSocks

1898 (44%)

Postby  DraXieN » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:38 am

Exactly. Just look the 1v1 ladder on Voobly. I'm around for 5 - 6 years and the activity in top 1v1 has never been as high. Also for 2000 - 2150 players with that limited number of spots the tournament already started. If that was Arabia AoC tournament I wouldn't be that surprised about the spots. But this is wololo, players are forced to learn many new things, bos, test many matchups. Also they need to buy all the expansions, HD and stuff, install.. I really wouldn't expect that many experts going for it, but it's so impressive. And the fact that they really need to prepare for this tournament and play hundreds of wololo games before the tournament just shows that WK will be succesful on Voobly after this tournament aswell.

I'm a bit sad for everyone unable to play this though, if I imagine myself with 18xx rating unable to play this I'd be really unhappy.
 DraXieN

Postby  Timotheus_ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 am

21 Sep 2017, 08:38 GMT » DraXieN wrote:
Exactly. Just look the 1v1 ladder on Voobly. I'm around for 5 - 6 years and the activity in top 1v1 has never been as high. Also for 2000 - 2150 players with that limited number of spots the tournament already started. If that was Arabia AoC tournament I wouldn't be that surprised about the spots. But this is wololo, players are forced to learn many new things, bos, test many matchups. Also they need to buy all the expansions, HD and stuff, install.. I really wouldn't expect that many experts going for it, but it's so impressive. And the fact that they really need to prepare for this tournament and play hundreds of wololo games before the tournament just shows that WK will be succesful on Voobly after this tournament aswell.

I'm a bit sad for everyone unable to play this though, if I imagine myself with 18xx rating unable to play this I'd be really unhappy.

You are not in yet! As you said, the tournament has already started. I'm coming for yah! 8-)
I played few games in npl and it's quite good. But some games new players gets in and ruins game.
"['Indian']PrIMeZ
Problem with NPL in a nutshell 1111111
 Timotheus_

2172 (50%)

Postby  LegendOfSocks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 am

:twisted: :twisted:
<[TyRanT]_DauT_> i dont know how to instal this s***
 LegendOfSocks

1898 (44%)

Postby  DraXieN » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am

21 Sep 2017, 08:54 GMT » Timotheus_ wrote:
  21 Sep 2017, 08:38 GMT » DraXieN wrote:

You are not in yet! As you said, the tournament has already started. I'm coming for yah! 8-)

That's the plan. You're my ticket for the tournament.
 DraXieN

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  swissboyy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 am

21 Sep 2017, 01:52 GMT » _Ra_ wrote:
Make the number of spots limited, based on rating, but give plenty of time for people to up their rating. Brings a shitload of activity and games, without the need to moderate a bigger tournament, painful scheduling for both admins and players etc.
Also players who make the top, probably spent a lot of time practicing up front, so higher level of games in the actual tournaments, less AW etc.

Explained perfectly.
Masters of Arena 2 & 3
Masters of MegaRandom
King of the Desert

paypal.me/swissboyy
 swissboyy

Postby  Fijure » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 am

You know the sign up race is brutal when ACCM, Yellow, Pike is in the lower half and ten 2k players are below the threshold......
 Fijure

Postby  Top_Shot » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

17 Sep 2017, 09:40 GMT » swissboyy wrote:
  11 Sep 2017, 00:25 GMT » JPence14 wrote:
What happens if more than 32 sign up?

Highest 32 players get a spot, the next 4-6 become backups in case someone needs to be removed.

Brackets starting to look really good!

Bottom half is really heavily loaded. Anyone could beat anyone starting from round 1 for some and round 2 for others.
my wife was happy when zone closed, 10 years after we still here... and i have a other wife 111 - bonniprince
 Top_Shot

Postby  NigelSlack » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:06 pm

i'm starting to get worried.. when will the sign ups close and the final ratings be considered? might have to move my *** aswell -.-
How to host
 NigelSlack
Top Player

2000 (65%)

Postby  robo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Deadline: October 27, 23:59 GMT
 robo

1697 (50%)

PreviousNext

Return to Home