Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Escape Gaming Masters Regicide Edition

Main page news

Moderator: News posters

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Escape Gaming Masters Regicide Edition

Postby  whocares » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:04 pm

i see aoczone is as lovely as ever
Gentle Sux!
Spring_:best tg strategy is to join the room with the title 1v1 and make you your only teammate!
 whocares

Postby  Xtasy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Is it intentional, that there is the result of "ACCM versus Vinchester" in the brackets bevor the stream?
 Xtasy

Postby  Spring_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 pm

Well it would be nice to see EG and Voobly work something out, I find it hard to believe there isn't some type of compromise available. To me EG has been reduced to top tier players playing on a sub-par client, slower game speed, high lag issues, buggy game and weird 1300 level maps/settings. Its basically become a less competitive "fun" type of tournament for low skilled viewers who want to see wacky strategies more than a high level nuanced games. This doesn't give me alot of hope for competitive aoe in the expansions with Microsoft backing to get the ole aoe Esports going. Literally the only pull atm is prizes and at least in my case wasn't even enough to get me to sign up. People wont be signing up to play something sub-par when they can go to voobly unless they have a high chance at getting a reward.

P.S. I do appreciate EG opening the brackets to more players Iv been saying that would be a great catalyst to increase activity for a couple years now, unfortunately waiting until after 1.5 was a mistake.
<iviktorius@Twitch> does having sex with a pregnant woman count as a threesome? Keepo
 Spring_

Postby  DreamingFighter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:17 pm

03 Nov 2017, 21:01 GMT » Spring_ wrote:
Well it would be nice to see EG and Voobly work something out, I find it hard to believe there isn't some type of compromise available.

Totally agree with you!

Unfortunately, I don't think this is an easy problem to solve with. Just today the Nation Cup final was streamed in a personal account: http://www.douyu.com/fengxin. Even something as big as Nation Cup must abide the rule, I don't see EscapeGaming get away with it :(
 DreamingFighter

Postby  ZeroEmpires » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Apparently Escape is "commercial" and that's the main issue, only it doesn't really hold up because over 100% of the "profit" that Escape has made has gone back into hosting more events. That means our own personal money has been paid into prize pools as well. But it's still considered commercial because it's actually registered as a company, and hence it goes against the Voobly streaming policy.
While the profit of individuals who stream using voobly (myself included) goes to the pockets of that individual, and maybe a small % goes back into AoC in comparison.
 ZeroEmpires

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  JoshuaR » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:03 pm

03 Nov 2017, 21:01 GMT » Spring_ wrote:
Well it would be nice to see EG and Voobly work something out, I find it hard to believe there isn't some type of compromise available. To me EG has been reduced to top tier players playing on a sub-par client, slower game speed, high lag issues, buggy game and weird 1300 level maps/settings. Its basically become a less competitive "fun" type of tournament for low skilled viewers who want to see wacky strategies more than a high level nuanced games. This doesn't give me alot of hope for competitive aoe in the expansions with Microsoft backing to get the ole aoe Esports going. Literally the only pull atm is prizes and at least in my case wasn't even enough to get me to sign up. People wont be signing up to play something sub-par when they can go to voobly unless they have a high chance at getting a reward.

P.S. I do appreciate EG opening the brackets to more players Iv been saying that would be a great catalyst to increase activity for a couple years now, unfortunately waiting until after 1.5 was a mistake.

There's nothing stopping EscAoE from using "standard" maps even with the "sub-par client," since it's simply a matter of transferring the map to the custom map folder. The reason they have been using the "newer" maps is because that's something new, different, and interesting to the people who would watch and play those maps. Obviously, certain people like huns/arabia, so there are different tournaments for that.

For a 1v1, Steam really has no issues (indeed since there is no 1.5UP it also has none of the new WK bugs such as disappearing monks (since fixed). The only annoying thing is that it's basically played on 1.4 smoothness and such... but so was Nations Cup. Since Zak prefers to just stream the results on a weekend for a good "show," in a way having the games on steam without spectators and such to have already seen the result adds a bit to the drama. If Zak preferred to stream all the games live or require that all the games be played within the weekend "show-time," then sure it'd be a real shame not to be on Voobly.

Obviously, Voobly UP 1.5 would be preferable. But the steam "problems" are overhyped, especially for 1v1s. I don't see why people who enjoy these map settings wouldn't want to go for a little prize money and glory.
 JoshuaR

Postby  TerminatorIV » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I know that it is to late to change things and I am even fine with the decision to play on Steam, but it just came again to my mind and I'm still wondering: Wouldn't it have been possible to just play on UP without Voobly? I mean you obviously do not need Voobly for lobby simulation in a tournament. You can easily exchange IPs through any messenger, maybe it would be even still allowed to use the Voobly messenger for that. How difficult is it to set up a normal internet game through UP only, without a client like Voobly?
 TerminatorIV

1578 (0%)

Postby  robo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 pm

We have looked into using direct up with WK and in some of the admittadly few 1v1 tests there were issues just getting into a lobby together.
 robo

1712 (50%)

Postby  scripter64 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Since Escape event streams are based on recs, couldn't the games be played on Voobly and broadcast later without it? The only issue there would be the lack of an advanced spec overlay, but there are various stat views that can be switched through on the score display with the F4 key or the stat button above the minimap. Just a random thought lol
 scripter64

Postby  Little_Jacob » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Seems reasonble, I wonder if there is something else that prevents them from following this suggestion. And thinking about the spec overlay, is there no way to have something similar to that but as an offline mod?
 Little_Jacob

PreviousNext

Return to Home