Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Let your teammate die!

Main page news

Moderator: News posters

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Let your teammate die!

Postby  robo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:17 pm

and nili is live again with SY vs VNS.

aM vs USA later!
 robo

1712 (50%)

Postby  balcanman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am

what a desaster, poor Nili, saturday oasis, sunday stream
 balcanman

Postby  edie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 am

Just some feedback, as said above many admins restarts and stream issues which I think you can’t do anything, maybe try maps before the tournament and avoid thoses which can have many admin restart like oasis.
Also two things about scheduled games, my team signed up for 18 gmt and we got 20:30 and sadly we couldn’t play after 21:30 gmt and had to get al. Second is I feel bad for the Chinese to have to play grand final at like 6 am for them on a Sunday night/Monday morning. Maybe stream recs instead of having all games live at different gmt, or I don’t know what solution can be found so the scheduling don’t affect that much the players.
Apart theses small things it was a great tournament as usual good games and fun.
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2275 (56%)

Postby  nimanoe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 am

08 Jan 2018, 09:52 GMT » edie wrote:
Second is I feel bad for the Chinese to have to play grand final at like 6 am for them on a Sunday night/Monday morning. Maybe stream recs instead of having all games live at different gmt, or I don’t know what solution can be found so the scheduling don’t affect that much the players.
Apart theses small things it was a great tournament as usual good games and fun.

That's the biggest problem with Weekend Tournaments imo, since all games have to be played in a weekend, you're very likely to exclude players/teams from one region, because they don't want/ can't stay up all night. Really great dedication by the SY guys to stay up so late (I believe vivi had to go to work even). I think streaming recs won't really improve this, because you still have to schedule between three regions and you will have to wait till the other quarterfinal is finished until you can schedule the semifinals. It might improve things a bit, but I'm not sure if it improves enough to sacrifice the live feeling for it. I think another solution could be to just have shorter series, so instead of bo5 have bo3s and instead of bo7 have a bo5. This is kinda similar to what Escape did and I think it's a good move for a weekend tournament. For me as a viewer I'm not going to watch 6 bo5 sets and 1 bo7 final anyways, it's just too much, but shorter series would make it easier to watch everything.
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1513 (45%)

Postby  _Andrew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am

Definitely give a lot of credit to the SY team for staying up all night to finish the games.
 _Andrew

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Poxo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Tourneys like this should start earlier, with forces match ups depending on world location.

10 gmt instead of 13gmt for the 1st games (Just have to exclude america teams for that match up) or even earlier.

The last games have to be on an aceptable times for all teams, something like 16 GMT.

I guess it was more focused for streaming with the highest amount of viewers around 20-21 gmt.

Waking up at 6am for NC finals is better than not being able to watch the last games.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1876 (47%)

Postby  SuperskinnyBLS » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Are there recordings form the tournament gathered anywhere?
 SuperskinnyBLS

Postby  nimanoe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 pm

08 Jan 2018, 13:42 GMT » SuperskinnyBLS wrote:
Are there recordings form the tournament gathered anywhere?

viewforum.php?f=1659

Grand Final hasn't been uploaded yet, but all other recs are there
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1513 (45%)

Postby  prv_limb » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:55 pm

I will upload the grand final recs tonight after I get home from work.
 prv_limb
Admin

Postby  7Sense » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm

To the record games topic:

I was trying to watch Viper team vs VNS A, and I couldn't it via voobly (I can watch any others):
- I set 1.5beta patch
- I have a working Wololo mod
- placed the saved games in the voobly mod data folder

Any ideas?
 7Sense

1902 (63%)

PreviousNext

Return to Home