Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Conquista - Week 3

Moderators:  AkcniBarnabas,  Cysion, Tournament moderators

Advertisement from Google 

Conquista - Week 3

Postby  Cysion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Not so many games have been played last week, but nevertheless a lot of manoeuvring on the world map!

One of the biggest winners of the week were the Franks, winning battles in foreign lands and bringing their imperialism down to Wales, successfully sending the Vikings back home.

But thé biggest winner of the week is the Hunnic empire, after losing a territory to the Viper of Chichen Itza, General DreaIVIs proved to be the scourge of Asia, successfully expanding into the Delhi area.

Many territories only have 1 army left too, meaning that in one week a lot can happen!

Another notable fact: Multani Khan has finally met his equal and suffered his first defeat. General Barneysarius has proven to be his equal in the homeland of the Khan, Mongolia.

Anyways, here are a few battles that have been played. With top players jumping on board it's not so hard this week to pick the best games. Rates are messed up once more: Multani and BarneyStinson are both 18xx-19xx.
Conquista - Week 3.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 149 times

Update to rules:

To boost attacking: so far, the defender could always decide the homemap (out of the 3 maps given), but to avoid "civrapes" we're going to update this rule a little bit. Out of the 3 maps, the attacker can "blacklist" a map. So the defender has 2 maps left to choose from.

Another new rule is in the refusing/accepting of battles:
- Players are the same rate (e.g. both 16xx): you must accept the challenge for at least 1 game. A rematch is encouraged.
- Players with a rate difference of 100 (e.g. 16xx and 17xx): it is encouraged to play at least 1 game. You can refuse a rematch without any further consequences.
- Players with a rate difference of 200 or more (e.g. 16xx and 18xx): you are free to refuse without further consequences.

Info for players:

Check out the new Challenge! page. It now includes a list with people you can attack, their rates and GR and voobly info. You can enter your own rate at your profile page.

Notable active players that are always up for a game:

(france) _VM_ (Franks)
(hungary) Adam or bleti (Britons)
(uk) Hers or CSA_B_Lyon (Aztecs)
(germany) Multani (Mongols)
(usa) Vicktory (Goths)
(usa) TheBerserk (Byzantines)
(finland) DreaIVIs (Huns)
(norway) TheViper (Mayans)
(finland) [RoR]Gus2Tavo (Celts)

Other notable people to contact: [G11]DOOMPHANTS, barbarossa89, _Marian__, [McL]Nanito_

Info for people who still want to sign up:

Sign-ups are still open, you can join the fun here.

Coming up next week: Will Frankish imperialism keep on rising or will they be stopped by the renewed Byzantine and Hunnic powers? Will Celts be able to turn the tide with the new load of players that signed up for them? And which civ will be the first to leave the game? Saracens are in their tightest position so far.
Cysion Tripping: cysion.be/blog | Aocbox: cysion.be/aocbox

Life is short. Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly. Happiness is the travel, not a destination.
 Cysion
AoFE developer

Re: Conquista - Week 3

Postby  IvIaximus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 pm

heh i got a messed up a bit ,if only I knew I did not fight for our last land I could play more with mr dreams 11 anyway it was pretty late and damn highland is too bad map for me ,could be without water at least xD
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
---
[19:10]<BielySokol>What happen?
[19:15]<+[ByT]Poxo> sorry, **** up start and cat starting throwing up in the table
---
[17:01] +[_SY_]Fengxin_ says:
wp maya
 IvIaximus

2000 (55%)

Postby  8th wonder » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 pm

i would like to sign up and play but a) rules soound too dificult for my brain b) cyson hates me and would ban me :/
[01:15]<TOAO_Nai@SpectatorChat> wonder im pregnant and its yours

Lojzanek: lojza worst teammate ever

20:27] [ByT]Locka says:
u know u always have a fun time with me

[21:09] ashleylynn says:
i am the worst woman ever
[21:09] ashleylynn says:
i suck at cleaning
 8th wonder
Top Player

2000 (53%)

Postby  IvIaximus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm

seems like cysion is wise boy
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
---
[19:10]<BielySokol>What happen?
[19:15]<+[ByT]Poxo> sorry, **** up start and cat starting throwing up in the table
---
[17:01] +[_SY_]Fengxin_ says:
wp maya
 IvIaximus

2000 (55%)

Postby  Cysion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 pm

^- He sure is 8-)

Anyways wonder, try to catch me someday and I'll give you a quick overview of the rules. They're kept as simple as possible, so everyone could understand :lol:

EDIT: Btw, you're also teammates now with Anze =)

Life is short. Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly. Happiness is the travel, not a destination.
 Cysion
AoFE developer

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  timtim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 am

could you ad the week of the games to the their name? it will be a lot easy for me to keep track of the games i have already seen :oops:
 timtim

Postby  Cysion » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 am

Done already :p

Also changed a game in the pack. Accidentally uploaded Felox failed arena trush, whereas his coastal game was much cooler :)

Cysion
AoFE developer

Postby  timtim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 am

Thank you :D

i have to say i didn't see the ca's coming. that was a bold move but he didn't make good use of then unfortunately.

the tower trush is a really nice try, it's a good way to fight a castle drop. even from the franks
 timtim

Postby  thalestr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:37 am

Hey DreaIvIs, can you tell me why you choose knights instead CA in that game that you sneaked?
 thalestr
Gameposter Novice

Return to (2011) Conquista - Season I