Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (34)
»  BacT
»  ebbu
»  edie
»  Flow
Guests (90)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Monk/relic bug

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Monk/relic bug

Postby  Barbarossa89 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 am

Of course this will be banned, but how does one do it on purpose? I had never heard of the relic bug until very recently, and I still don't understand exactly what's going on.

Perhaps relics could be removed from the RMS. Trading could provide all the gold income you actually need.
 Barbarossa89

1737 (52%)

Postby  danielAMG » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 am

25 Mar 2012, 05:19 GMT » Barbarossa89 wrote:
Of course this will be banned, but how does one do it on purpose? I had never heard of the relic bug until very recently, and I still don't understand exactly what's going on.

Perhaps relics could be removed from the RMS. Trading could provide all the gold income you actually need.

what about 1v1 and the aztec bonus ?
 danielAMG

Postby  Barbarossa89 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm

The idea would be to eliminate them only for the map for the tournament, which is 4v4.

This is an issue, however, as relics are pretty necessary for someone wanting to do a serious monk rush. Can't just take them out.

Banning it is what will be done. My question, however, is what exactly is going on? Is the glitch replicable? If you don't feel comfortable posting the details here, could you at least PM me, so I know what to look out for? Is there a way to tell whether it was accidental or on purpose? I gather that it was discovered accidentally.
 Barbarossa89

1737 (52%)

Postby  timtim » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:27 pm

i only saw one rec of the relic bug. it doesn't seen accidental at all
 timtim

Postby  Barbarossa89 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 am

Someone sent me a recording of it, and it does seem hard to believe anyone would do it accidentally. I tried to do it myself, but was unable to after several dozen tries. However, the recorded game convinced me that it is real. It's definitely cheating material, and will be treated as such under the rules.
 Barbarossa89

1737 (52%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Dalv » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Actions based on exploits such as this one are considered cheating and are of course banned.
 Dalv

1769 (50%)

Postby  Jon321 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:53 am

You need to click alot to make it happen and it takes a while... but I can get relics in under 15 sec, but still it leaves econ and military exposed while you do it. dont think its like cheat cuz its just the way that the game is programmed. but its completely unrealistic and should be fixed.
 Jon321

-2 (1%)

Previous

Return to Rules, Settings and General Discussion