Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (69)
»  650r
»  _MbL_
»  Aerow
»  Mr_Yo
»  Poxo
»  rmcoo
»  tresu
Guests (167)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

The Tribal Wars: MVP Incentive!

Advertisement from Google 

Re: The Tribal Wars: MVP Incentive!

Postby  bigboned » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 am

i dont think i should be answering that and tbh i really dont know bro. you decided that you could do it. what convinced you?
 bigboned

Postby  Jaraldo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 am

.... :?

i think mods should somehow covince the community that they are qualified to do this. otherwise, its inevitable that ppl like me keep complaining about this.

I really don't have any reason to convince you or anyone...I was chosen to be on staff for a reason. I don't have a problem helping decide MVP, I thought you had a problem with having staff pick them. If you didn't, then I guess this was a misunderstanding.
 Jaraldo

Postby  bigboned » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 am

no i think you misunderstood now. "mods should somehow convince the comunity" is kind of a rhetorical statement. although i currently think its a real dumb way to decide the mvp, i left the door open for something i wasnt able to think of. i thought "if there was a logical explanation, the staff are the ones to tell it to me". if u think u dont need to convince me, then gg no re. theres still the possibility that your mvp will be the same as ours.
 bigboned

Postby  Jaraldo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:55 am

bigboned wrote:
no i think you misunderstood now. "mods should somehow convince the comunity" is kind of a rhetorical statement. although i currently think its a real dumb way to decide the mvp, i left the door open for something i wasnt able to think of. i thought "if there was a logical explanation, the staff are the ones to tell it to me". if u think u dont need to convince me, then gg no re. theres still the possibility that your mvp will be the same as ours.

777, kk this clears it up some, I thought you were coming from a different angle, but I see what you mean now. :)

My thoughts to why we get the final vote is based on this:

Here is where i need ur help of all of you, every round i will open a poll so all of you can vote for your favorite player, based on his performance during his games of that round but its not enough just voting, it will be a better and solid vote if u add the link of the recorded games, feel free to discuss anything about the recorded games, if u want ur favorite player wins u can reply the polls to discuss why that player its the best based on his performance during his games of that round

The community still gets to put their opinions in/vote and convince us why someone deserves MVP(based on recs/facts, hopefully). They are convincing us who they think the MVP is because I believe that in a staff roll, we are expected to stay away from biases and be neutral. If this stays true(which I believe it will), this will lead to us picking the MVP based on skill instead of MVP based on fans/votes.

One example of MVP based on fan votes would be Tim getting 2,000 chinese guys to come here and vote for him. I think he has enough influence for this to happen. This example goes for any top player. Even though I know you don't agree with it, I think it's true. It's $300 up for grabs after all.

Personally, I will be reading every comment for MVP that anyone posts and take what they say into consideration before placing my vote.
 Jaraldo

Postby  Dalv » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

There could be a couple more options to do the voting, each of them can give a more or less biased result:
1. Only players that participated in the tourney may vote (I remember this was used in BCC3, so not to let fake accounts or fanboys vote, when they needed to vote for who gets a second chance from the players eliminated, when Chris wrote that post to convince voters why they should vote him)
2. Sponsor decides (very biased)
3. A jury formed by 5 expert players who would offer an insightful analysis at the end of the tourney (they could be affected by the tourney drama and give by-heart judgements, while experts that haven't signed in for the tourney would not have any or enough recs watched)

That's why we decided (besides for checking cheaters, broken rules etc) to keep an eye for good performances on each rec, while also keeping a close eye on what the community has to say. This is very important as it makes us be sure we are not drifting from the deserved player, and also makes us pay more attention to the players which receive a lot of praise from the community.
 Dalv

1769 (50%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  RoR_BzH » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 pm

12 Apr 2012, 20:17 GMT » Dalv wrote:
1. Only players that participated in the tourney may vote

best option imho
 RoR_BzH

1960 (55%)

Postby  [RoR]HaGGiS » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I hope this works I know it's hard I've done this kind of thing before, I used to sponsor best rec game for some tourneys and you can never please everyone. The players that participate tho do try that little bit more and it helps to give the community the great recs they all want.
 [RoR]HaGGiS

1719 (52%)

Postby  TheViper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Yeah, that's a good option. Players can vote for people they actually played against and felt their strength. Remove the option of voting for teammates, then it should be good.
<Tim_ would like to be your friend. Accept the request>

http://twitter.com/TheViperAOC
http://www.twitch.tv/tyrant_theviper
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheViperAOC/
http://www.facebook.com/TheViperAOC
 TheViper
Expert Player

2393 (72%)

Previous

Return to Rules, Settings and General Discussion