Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (32)
»  Cutht
»  Sney
Guests (94)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:10 am

He has written a nice blog criticizing Islam.
Here is the link: http://exposingislamwithoutfear.blogspot.in/

First of all hats off to the author for taking the time out to get so well versed with the literature.
I salute this man's courage for discussing topics which are considered above criticism and commentary on which is often met with hate and retribution (read charlie hebdo).

We need to make the world a better place to live in. With courage, anything is possible.

My own philosophy in life revolves around being agnostic and being in doubt, so as to uncover the truth.
I cannot fathom why people choose to "believe" in anything without proof. I have optimism that the world will be a much better place without religion and blind belief some time later. The only thing is I would rather have that time be 50 years instead of 500 years.

Personally, I do not have to read a book to know if its good or bad. One can simply observe that by gauging the impact on readers.(I would read them but without "belief" they sound like horseshit and are unreadable.)

We have to start with Islam - it's contribution to science and society is a big zero, while acts of terrorism and hatred that it has inspired are countless. In my opinion it is the worst of the many many "beliefs" which have spawned on the planet. I find it my moral duty to oppose it tooth and nail. To leave the world a better place.

All over the world people are afraid. To criticize, to discuss, to improve on the said topic. If more people had the guts to stand up to passive bullying, the world would be a better place. Opinions from liberals, scholars and intellectuals would reach the ears of would be terrorists, before they listen to age old books or hate inspiring organisations like ISIS.

Inviting the Aoczone community for a courageous and open discussion.
Last edited by _InDuS__novice on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
_InDuS__novice

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend Carlos Ferdina

Postby  Manu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 am

I am not a muslim.
But I don't see where exactly you want to go with that kind of topic. (on a gaming community futhermore)
2 things : Why do you HAVE TO start with islam ?
Secondly how can you even throw judgment like "Islam contribution to society is zero" without any argument. Btw, this statement is false.

I invite a moderator to stay on top of this topic so it stay civilised though.
 Manu

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:34 am

I agree that this is a gaming community, but aoczone is generally very open, and discussions on various topics are quite welcome and well received here. Furthermore the thread is under the topic community cafe(and not a specific gaming topic) so I hope we can have a discussion.

1) We have to start with Islam. When you clean a river you have to first stop the source of pollutants into it. I start with it since in my opinion it's the worst of the many many beliefs - as I have stated already in the first post. You have to start with something. All the other beliefs are slowly coming to grips with the power of doubt/logic/scientific evidence. Here is a famous quote from the Dalai Lama - “If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.”. But not Islam, Islam believes the Quran to be perfect - no changes are allowed. Today the pope called for an apology to homosexuals for the behavior of the church against them. Something like this from Islam is unimaginable. They are simply against any progressive change in this regard. I would be pretty okay with a bunch of people sitting in their utopia, believing in any fantasy they wanted, IF it did not inspire hatred and had no effect on other societies, but no it does inspire hatred and countless acts of terrorism and violence.

2) I meant it in the sphere of science. Consider the number of nobel prizes/fields medals/publications coming out of society riddled by Islam. They are more interested in reciting an age old book again and again. Madrasas are a plenty where logic doubt and criticism is quelled and blind belief is the only dogma. One prominent muslin scholar even argued that the counting of numbers was against Islam and Quran - guess what he got famous and that ended any scientific progress from the community for a millenia. It was at best minimum and when it occurred it was inspite of the religion.

With respect to society most of the laws and customs are barbaric, ancient and repressive.
Leaving the religion leads to death.
Homosexuality is a crime.
Women are oppressed.
Stoning of adulterers is encouraged in many parts.
Followers of other religions are treated like crap.

You want this to improve don't you?
On my part I promise to keep the discussion here civilised.
Last edited by _InDuS__novice on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
_InDuS__novice

Postby  Carlos Ferdinand » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:35 am

Hey that is by my brother known here as John Mendl, not my blog! :)
No_Re_I_Go_Eat_ says:
if u get 2k i break up with lavie

Carlos Ferdinand

1837 (51%)

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:36 am

Ah ok, sorry will edit.
_InDuS__novice

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  _AZTK_Trivium » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 am

why the hell, you post this type of crap ?
 _AZTK_Trivium

Postby  ImRiver » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

http://exposingislamwithoutfear.blogspo ... quran.html
This was pretty interesting 11 such a simple math error, it really goes beyond me how people can follow something so blindly
Mejor Canal Youtube de AoC en Español, LEJOS:
https://www.youtube.com/serialageofempires
 ImRiver
RTSL Staff

2000 (56%)

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:01 am

27 Jun 2016, 05:48 GMT » _AZTK_Trivium wrote:
why the hell, you post this type of crap ?

It might be crap to you, but it was not crap for this woman and her family:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-scari ... Sharma-380

I am posting this "crap" because I want change. From within Islam. To shake the very foundations of belief and inspire doubt/logic and scientific inquiry. And as i said earlier so rational voices reach the ears of would be terrorists before the words of hatred,ISIS do. I want to do my part in promoting rational thinking and peace - which can only occur when the pillars of "belief" are shaken.

Don't you?
_InDuS__novice

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:26 am

27 Jun 2016, 05:56 GMT » ImRiver wrote:
http://exposingislamwithoutfear.blogspot.in/2016/06/clear-mathematical-error-in-quran.html
This was pretty interesting 11 such a simple math error, it really goes beyond me how people can follow something so blindly

Imagine being brainwashed into religion right from the day you were born.
Everyone around you believes in the same thing. It is very hard to go vs. society even in your own head. Most people lack the courage and logical faculties, knowledge and environment to come out from such a situation.

Once you achieve a high degree of brainwashing it is quite convenient and easy to come up with excuses and stories to cover up discrepancies in your belief.
_InDuS__novice

Postby  Carlos Ferdinand » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:59 am

I don't know how much Aoczone allows religious discussion, but at least it is the community cafe so I'm chiming in. As far as criticism of Islam is concerned it comes from two simple reasons:

1. Islam is an extreme negative and backward influence on the society. While it may be politically incorrect to say this, it is not hate speech against Muslims or to disturb the lives of peaceful Muslims. This is to encourage a critical discussion on the Islamic scriptures.
2. Islam at the same time has successfully managed to keep out criticism by calling its critics "Islamophobes" and "bigots". The only thing that is worse than a bad ideology is a bad ideology that is immune to criticism and misunderstood as decent or good. We should absolutely give Islam no mercy from criticism - it is a set of ideas. It is possible to be kind to Muslims and to love them as people while at the same time criticising Islam.

For those who say what is specially wrong about Islam, there are two crucial elements (and many more) that makes Islam uniquely and highly problematic.

1. Death penalty is what Islam prescribes for a Muslim who leaves the faith - it is well established in the hadiths. The quran doesn't clearly state this but is clear that families are to disown the members for choosing disbelief.
2. Islam places great emphasis on separating men and women unless they are close relatives or spouses. Romance and affection will practically disappear when a society takes Islam seriously. Men and women are forbidden or atleast discouraged from (a) spending time with each other (b) touching each other, even shaking hands (c) even looking each other eye-to-eye.
3. Apart from this there are many huge problems such as women's rights, Jihadism and world domination, female circumcision, child marriage and sex, sex slavery being permitted, death for homosexuality, adultery, chopping off hands for theft and so on.
No_Re_I_Go_Eat_ says:
if u get 2k i break up with lavie

Carlos Ferdinand

1837 (51%)

Next

Return to Community Café