Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Staff (1)
»  _PkZ_
Members (42)
»  ebbu
»  ExIT
»  Gango
»  mma96
»  Nick_
»  slam
»  Xtasy
Guests (118)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park's singer took his own life.

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park's singer took his own li

Postby  sweetjones » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:37 am

Read the thread Nick_

21 Jul 2017, 23:17 GMT » _InDuS__novice wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:08 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
Of course there is a point in judging choices, so that other people don't make them. If a man with 6 children said to me "I am thinking about killing myself" I would advise him, compassionately but in the strongest possible terms, that that choice is wrong for many reasons, not least because it is morally wrong. Why then would the moral dimensions of this act vanish just because it was made a reality? That is totally illogical and backwards.

You are in the business of giving advice and not judging choices. There is a distinction between the two. Again, I am not saying it was the right choice, and of course telling him it is a wrong one is absolutely the right thing to do. But, no good comes from damning him after he has made that choice.
Morality is subjective. Keep yours to yourself.

The concept of virtue is impossible without the concept of sin, of course God judges.

Screw that virtue. Suffering is real, virtue is not.

Let's have a look at the parties involved.
A) The guy who committed suicide.
B) People who depended on him and loved him.

Last I heard none of them gave you the right to make such a judgment.

Leave the judgment to someone who can put them in his shoes and make the converse choice under the exact same circumstances. He has passed on, and you should leave it at that. The law does not judge the dead, and no human being should make a judgment out of their jurisdiction. Life is hard, and we all have hard choices to make.

You have two choices here: Condemn him after he has made his choice, or stay shut. I suggest you let the matter be, and let him rest in peace.

This is all feelgood nonsense and most of it is already rebutted by the post you're responding to.

Virtue, a concept which is common in some form or another to all human cultures throughout history, certainly is real. Courage and perseverance in the face of suffering is one form of it.

I don't think you really understand what morality is. As social animals, morality is an evolved mechanism that allow us to live and cooperate in large groups. It is the glue that binds people together and it has no meaning if you keep it to yourself.

We get it, you don't like to judge people because you have no confidence in yourself and want to avoid uncomfortable feelings at whatever cost. I have to wonder what is going on inside your head that you think you could force me to go along with this philosophy.
 sweetjones

Postby  Influenza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:40 am

God doesn't exist, and if he did, he's far more evil than even Satan, as the "hell" that Jesus threatens us with gives infinite punishment as recompense for finite "crimes." Crimes such as not believing in the right god, and thousands of other inconsequential offenses.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Haiyti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:44 am

Let´s not make this into some retard theodicy discussing " Why god (if he exists) allows all this bullshit" pls
 Haiyti

Postby  sweetjones » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:40 GMT » Influenza wrote:
God doesn't exist, and if he did, he's far more evil than even Satan, as the "hell" that Jesus threatens us with gives infinite punishment as recompense for finite "crimes." Crimes such as not believing in the right god, and thousands of other inconsequential offenses.

God is peripheral to this discussion, I haven't made any theological arguments.
 sweetjones

Postby  Influenza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:51 am

you cant invoke your god and not expect people to respond to it
 Influenza

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  sweetjones » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:51 GMT » Influenza wrote:

Yeah, because everybody shares your nerd atheist tic where the slightest mention of God forces you to regurgitate some snarky r/atheism-tier response. Maybe you should go outside once in a while.
 sweetjones

Postby _InDuS__novice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:54 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:37 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
We get it, you don't like to judge people because you have no confidence in yourself and want to avoid uncomfortable feelings at whatever cost. I have to wonder what is going on inside your head that you think you could force me to go along with this philosophy.

Your words mean nothing.
My feelings do not depend on what you think, or anyone else thinks or does. They are not so pathetic. They are my business and no one else's. Just like my choices are mine to make.

I don't judge people because I have no business judging other people. Nothing more, nothing less. I have only ever judged myself.
It is as simple as that.

Everything looks easy from a distance.
Last edited by _InDuS__novice on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
_InDuS__novice

Postby _InDuS__novice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:56 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:52 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
Yeah, because everybody shares your nerd atheist tic where the slightest mention of God forces you to regurgitate some snarky r/atheism-tier response. Maybe you should go outside once in a while.

And maybe you should stop going to Church. Or wherever you go to.
There is nothing in there for you.

I did not give you the right to judge me, nor was that right given to your God. It is null and void as far as I am concerned.
I am out. This is getting degenerate.
Last edited by _InDuS__novice on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
_InDuS__novice

Postby  Influenza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:52 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:51 GMT » Influenza wrote:

LOL you are andrew level of retarded
 Influenza

Postby  sweetjones » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:54 GMT » _InDuS__novice wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:37 GMT » sweetjones wrote:

Your words mean nothing.
My feelings do not depend on what you think, or anyone else thinks or does. They are my business and no one else's. Just like my choices are mine to make.

I don't judge people because I have no business judging other people. Nothing more, nothing less. I have only ever judged myself.
It is as simple as that.

Everything looks easy from a distance.

I specifically said that I sympathise with his struggles and his tragic situation, multiple times in this thread. Who knows what you are even responding to
 sweetjones

PreviousNext

Return to Community Café