Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (60)
»  FeAge
»  Hico
»  mma96
»  Poxo
»  Xtasy
Guests (175)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park's singer took his own life.

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park's singer took his own li

Postby  Rauschgiftsuchtige » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:59 am

21 Jul 2017, 23:12 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:01 GMT » Rauschgiftsuchtige wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 22:02 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
...there's no need to either 100% condemn him or 100% exonerate him.

You did start off by literally saying hell awaited him.

I'm sure you're aiming at a more general point, but in this instance, it is six children by two wives, and he will no doubt leave a large estate behind (he likely acted in full knowledge of this). I wouldn't worry about them.

By your own logic (which is absurd, you have to admit), his large estate should have been the emotional support that prevented his own suicide. You can't literally believe that money is in any way a substitute for a father, your post reads like satire.

The logic was fine. I did not claim that money was, by any means, a complete substitute for a father, and I'm not trying to totally exonerate him either, what I meant was that his children are probably provided for. Obviously, I have a more minimal standard of what constitutes parental responsibility than you. I could understand labelling someone a coward for abandoning their own children to a miserable life without financial security or without any parent or guardian whatsoever, but not for the removal of 'emotional support'. I don't think a child's right to an emotional crutch in the form of a father trumps a father's right to kill himself. And, as has already been pointed out, his suicide would suggest that he wasn't able to offer emotional support in the first place.
 Rauschgiftsuchtige

Postby _InDuS__novice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 am

[quote="21 Jul 2017, 23:58 GMT

Everything looks easy from a distance.[/quote]

I specifically said that I sympathise with his struggles and his tragic situation, multiple times in this thread. Who knows what you are even responding to[/quote]
He does not need your sympathy as well. He is dead now. Your sympathy here is for your own self. Don't guise it as an attempt to take a higher moral ground.
_InDuS__novice

Postby  poZ_edie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:13 am

im watching "13 reason why" right now to understand how a suicider feel
[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 poZ_edie
Top 1v1 player

2300 (56%)

Postby  sweetjones » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 am

The logic was fine. I did not claim that money was, by any means, a complete substitute for a father, and I'm not trying to totally exonerate him either, what I meant was that his children are probably provided for. Obviously, I have a more minimal standard of what constitutes parental responsibility than you. I could understand labelling someone a coward for abandoning their own children to a miserable life without financial security or without any parent or guardian whatsoever, but not for the removal of 'emotional support'. I don't think a child's right to an emotional crutch in the form of a father trumps a father's right to kill himself. And, as has already been pointed out, his suicide would suggest that he wasn't able to offer emotional support in the first place.

His suicide would suggest he was at a particularly low point. The feelings that lead people to attempt suicide may be recurring but they are not permanent. I strongly disagree that a father's right to kill himself trumps his children's right to a father but like you said we obviously have different standards.

22 Jul 2017, 00:02 GMT » _InDuS__novice wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:58 GMT

Everything looks easy from a distance.

I specifically said that I sympathise with his struggles and his tragic situation, multiple times in this thread. Who knows what you are even responding to[/quote]
He does not need your sympathy as well. He is dead now. Your sympathy here is for your own self. Don't guise it as an attempt to take a higher moral ground.[/quote]

I thought you were done here

[quote="21 Jul 2017, 23:58 GMT » Influenza wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:52 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
  21 Jul 2017, 23:51 GMT » Influenza wrote:
you cant invoke your god and not expect people to respond to it

Yeah, because everybody shares your nerd atheist tic where the slightest mention of God forces you to regurgitate some snarky r/atheism-tier response. Maybe you should go outside once in a while.

LOL you are andrew level of retarded

:lol: go outside so someone can push you into a locker
 sweetjones

Postby  TheDragonReborn » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 am

Fallacies, what would we be without them.
 TheDragonReborn

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 pm

What's with the f*cking mania here to derail every thread from its initial purpose?
 Philippe le Bon

1428 (36%)

Postby _InDuS__novice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:12 pm

21 Jul 2017, 23:08 GMT » sweetjones wrote:
The concept of virtue is impossible without the concept of sin, of course God judges.

Any God who must assert power is no true God.
Any man who needs to proclaim I am the king is no true King.

: Drops Mic:
_InDuS__novice

Postby  Rgeadn » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 am

At the end of the day discussing whether he should or should not have won't change anything, he's still gone.

No one will agree on what answer is right or not so the discussion is fairly futile.

If you feel like posting about it may as well just pay respects to his family and wish them a fast recovery despite that being essentially useless because this is a gaming forum but its nice to voice your opinion sometimes.

Mental illness is a nasty thing but it can be treatable, i'd urge anyone feeling like that to get help to not end up in that kind of situation.
 Rgeadn

1901 (50%)

Postby  Hangover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Chester's voice was my favourite sound as a teenager.

What a tragedy.
 Hangover

Postby _InDuS__novice » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 pm

RIP man.
_InDuS__novice

PreviousNext

Return to Community Café