Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Masters of Arena 5 format poll

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

Masters of Arena 5 format poll

Postby  GmanStreams » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi!
Me and Kigo are making preparations for the 5th installmant of Masters of Arena. This classic tournament has beforehand always been played on aoc, but with wololokingdoms becoming very popular we wanted to make a poll for the community to decide on which dataset we should play this incoming tournament.

Go here to vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/13880509

Stay tuned for more news
 GmanStreams

Re: Masters of Arena 5 format poll

Postby  Rorarimbo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:03 pm

I want to se Arena tournament at some point for sure. And I want it to be on Wololo. I have 2 remarks.

I think Masters of Arena should not be used esp if its WK tournament as the Arabia WK tournament by Memb & viewers is not called Masters of Arabia. I feel there is somth not right about it despite I prefer WK settings by far.

Also I think in the poll you should give a bit more information what is Wololo data set and even AoC. I think many ppl who will vote have no idea whats Wololo.
 Rorarimbo

Postby  livrodedaniel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm

We need to know more about units vs units in WololoKingdoms. Arena is a perfect map for this.
 livrodedaniel

Postby  wAkKo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Time to install WK :P
 wAkKo

Postby  stefanHD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:43 pm

How is WololoKingdoms becoming very popular? I only know a very few players on Voobly that play it and even less are Arena players.
They already made the mistake last year to go for settings that almost no Arena player wanted to play and it ended up in Swissboyy cancelling the tournament. Just let the players vote and not the specs...
Highest amount of negative scores against opponents:
1. (usa) Metal (30/32 = 94 %)
 stefanHD

1499 (8%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  GmanStreams » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:54 pm

07 Sep 2017, 17:43 GMT » stefanHD wrote:
How is WololoKingdoms becoming very popular?

For tournament play

How do you suggest I poll "the players"? You are welcome to gather data on this group and report it here.

Edit: Also, how can you possibly compare what swissboy tried with different starting age and different map, to the expansions. Thats just apples and oranges in my eyes
 GmanStreams

Postby  MrIster24 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:04 pm

07 Sep 2017, 17:43 GMT » stefanHD wrote:
How is WololoKingdoms becoming very popular? I only know a very few players on Voobly that play it and even less are Arena players.
They already made the mistake last year to go for settings that almost no Arena player wanted to play and it ended up in Swissboyy cancelling the tournament. Just let the players vote and not the specs...

WK is becoming popular because it provides players a dependable platform upon which to play the expansion civs. It has not been played very much thus far because it has only just come out with the 1.5 betas, requires extra steps by the player to install and use, and it is regularly receiving updates.

The argument that "MOA4 with Castle Age start and hills failed, therefore MOA5 with Standard start but expansion civs will fail" is a pretty blatant flaw in logic.

If you want a tournament by the players, for the players, that's fine, but the potential is huge right now for voobly to experience a huge growth in popularity with the WK and 1.5 patches, given HD's instability, and tournaments like this are a great way to showcase that ability.
 MrIster24

Postby  edie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:18 pm

The difference is arabia map is popular that if you put thausends money on a arabia tournament, you could put wololokindom or balance patch or what ever patch or stuff, people would still sign up. I really don't think its the same in arena.

Just for you to know, even if it was AOC there is already somes experts who would just sign up if its with somes setting, like no mirror, or no pick etc. So now bringing this question of wololo / or aoc will just divid the signs up even more than it could already be possibibly if it was only aoc. I could have helped you to make good settings for this tournament because I know what the arena players and non arena players top expert would want to sign on it.

I would be really upset if the sign up were poor.

As a arena player, losing an arena tournament because I dont know the civ or because its something new to anyone, I also wouldnt be happy. So if you make this tournament on wololo don't call it master of arena X, just do an arena tournament on wololo, but who has nothing to do with the moarena series.

I am curious to know whats the opinoin on it of experts (not arena players), because if it attract only arena player I would probably not play it, to play the arena guys i can just do it on rated game so no real interrest.

I would still prefer by far it was on aoc 1.5 than wololo, because on aoc it would really show who is the best on the map, and not "who practiced and lerned the new civ the new meta" which could be anyone.
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2267 (56%)

Postby  GmanStreams » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 pm

07 Sep 2017, 18:18 GMT » poZ_edie wrote:
. I could have helped you to make good settings for this tournament because I know what the arena players and non arena players top expert would want to sign on it.

We dont have any settings finalized at this point, we just wanted to get a feel for what would be preffered in the community. Also I would love your advice Edie :)
 GmanStreams

Postby  LegendOfSocks » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm

I would say given it is under masters of arena logo, title, whatever then I think should be aoc dataset. If wololo mod is wanted then perhaps make a different tournament name.

Also HYPE!, would love to see a strong tourney of arena :D
<[TyRanT]_DauT_> i dont know how to instal this s***
 LegendOfSocks

1952 (44%)

Next

Return to Community Café