Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Masters of Arena 5 format poll

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Masters of Arena 5 format poll

Postby  Jupe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Would have been interesting to see the results if you made separate poll for Reddit and Aoczone.
[22:42]<___fury> is hard playing with spy's on team speak and watching game.
[22:43]<___fury> now 4:30 spec delay
 Jupe

1853 (49%)

Postby  Kigo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:51 pm

It is entirely possible that the tournament will be hosted under a different name when the time is there. However, this is the least of our concerns. Much more important is figuring out wether the community (and the participants) would prefer an AoC or a WK tournament.
VCOM Event Host
 Kigo

1611 (49%)

Postby  MrIster24 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm

07 Sep 2017, 19:41 GMT » Jupe wrote:
Would have been interesting to see the results if you made separate poll for Reddit and Aoczone.

[Show] Spoiler: Reddit
80% WK 20% AOC
[Show] Spoiler: Aoczone
80% AOC 20% WK

There you go.
 MrIster24

Postby  Carlini8 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:06 pm

I have changed my stance, as I would like to enter I need there to be less than 64 sign ups, so let's get this on AoC.
 Carlini8

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:04 pm

07 Sep 2017, 20:06 GMT » Carlini8 wrote:
I have changed my stance, as I would like to enter I need there to be less than 64 sign ups, so let's get this on AoC.

you do realize that people would need all 3 DLCs in order to sign up for a WololoKingdoms arena tournament? It's certainly more likely to get more players if this is an AoC tournament.

I voted for WololoKingdoms tournament myself as I'm interested in the new civs, but please don't pretend that everybody loves them and made AoC obsolete.
 asdfasdfasdf1

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  buddy__1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:17 pm

I just asked in both viper and daut in their stream if they would join master of arena if its with expansions. Daut said he would "most likely" join while viper said said he would "probably join" if with with expansions. Without expansions viper said he wasnt really interested but it depends.

When he says it depends it seems obvious to me hes thinking about things like the players joining the tournament, the prizepool and general interest in the tournament.

And for the general interest of the tournament I feel the poll indicates that "the people" wants to see how the expansion civs plays out in a great master of arena tournament.
 buddy__1

Postby  angelina_jolie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 pm

I agree with Edie! Give the tourney another name if its WK! I still prefer AOC <3
 angelina_jolie

2212 (50%)

Postby  Fuzer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:45 pm

"Masters of Arena - ft. WK"

I really don't care about the name, i'm thankful that people still work and give their best for this game.
AoCZone Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AoCZone
 Fuzer

1731 (57%)

Postby  Euler_ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:35 am

it's probably better to host an entirely new tournament. Learn the lessons from MoA4 (which was a failure): don't try to sell a different product with the same name. I think swissboy learned his lesson; do you really need to experience the same? Mark my words.
 Euler_

1751 (59%)

Postby  Qulala » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 am

just call it MoA 5 already... if you win you are still the Master of that map.

+ add the new civs,

there are only 4-5 'real' arena players above 2k (Edie, Miguel?, Metal, Terror)
the rest of the signups were alwasy the 'normal' players
and for a pro who knows everthing about Arena Edie seems pretty lazy to learn a few more civs, on only 1 map, its not like you have to test them on 10 maps or something :P, read the discription of all the civs+ their bonusses and units, practice a few times, and done. just take the change with both hands Edie and start practicing again on your map, you should be happy that even the map you played over and over and over gets a bit more action with new civs.
p

but i can perfectly watch a MoA 5 without an Edie, but with other pros who enjoy it.
 Qulala

PreviousNext

Return to Community Café