Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

hi admins

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  pumukel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 15:47 GMT » edie wrote:
When do you decide to delet the post and to not edit it ? What are the criteria ? I have read way worse in this forum and wasn’t deleted but what ever I don’t mind this one is ok to be deleted as long as you say why.


Personally, I use the following guideline: If the post in question does a substantial contribution to the topic and the rules violation only concern a part of the post, I edit the post or ask the author to do it through PM. I also have to ask myself if a deletion disrupts the continuity of the topic or not. If the main content of the post is an utterance that violates the rules and the post is not important for the overall topic, I delete it. I judged you saying you will make wonder's buttocks red is not substantial for the MoA5 Melkor vs Metal topic while the (humorous or not, metaphorical or not) threat of violence is against the forum rules, hence I deleted it.

By the way, " i ll make ur as s red" mean to me slap ur ***, like u would slap ur kid as s, mean beat up, give a correction, and not any sexual meaning.


Non-sexual violence is still violence. Domestic violence for educational reasons is still violence. Yes, AoE2 is a very violent game. But AoCZone is not a game, it's a forum.

No matter how many times we discuss or I get post deleted I expect you to always message and give the reason of the delet, you can’t silply delet it without saying a word, you assume I posted knowing it wasn’t allowed to use this sentence, and done on purpose, if I did Know it would be deleted I wouldn’t post it or phrase it like this, so in future please always message when you use of your power and give an explanation.


I won't give you this special treatment (only speaking for myself). Feel free to write a PM to admins/mods and ask for reasons whenever we delete or edit a topic/post of you and you don't understand why. As long as you don't start spamming violations + explanation requests (which goes against rule 9), that's fine.

In real life no matter how well you are known by the police when they arrest you or control you they always tell you the reason.


That's because in many countries, there is a rule of law and division of power which controls police actions and unlike me policewo*men can do much more harm to you than delete a post in a gaming forum from time to time. The police is an institution of a state into which you were born without your agreement. But you freely chose to be a member of AoCZone, which is technically a privately owned club.
User avatar
 pumukel
Admin
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Dec 11, 2012
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  gerry » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

at least you admit to AOCzone being closer to a police state rather than a democracy
 gerry
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sep 01, 2009
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  Slaiter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm

How does it make AOCZone closer to a police state than a democracy when it's the forum with least amount of rules and most amount of allowed posts / threads I've seen in like last couple years? They are allowing a lot of threads/posts that should be deleted just so people keep commenting and community keep growing I guess, it's overall a good place to discuss things and it's open place for discussions imo as long as rules aren't ignored completly
User avatar
 Slaiter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: May 15, 2017
Age: 26
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  edie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 20:19 GMT » pumukel wrote:
  03 Feb 2018, 15:47 GMT » edie wrote:
When do you decide to delet the post and to not edit it ? What are the criteria ? I have read way worse in this forum and wasn’t deleted but what ever I don’t mind this one is ok to be deleted as long as you say why.


Personally, I use the following guideline: If the post in question does a substantial contribution to the topic and the rules violation only concern a part of the post, I edit the post or ask the author to do it through PM. I also have to ask myself if a deletion disrupts the continuity of the topic or not. If the main content of the post is an utterance that violates the rules and the post is not important for the overall topic, I delete it. I judged you saying you will make wonder's buttocks red is not substantial for the MoA5 Melkor vs Metal topic while the (humorous or not, metaphorical or not) threat of violence is against the forum rules, hence I deleted it.

By the way, " i ll make ur as s red" mean to me slap ur ***, like u would slap ur kid as s, mean beat up, give a correction, and not any sexual meaning.


Non-sexual violence is still violence. Domestic violence for educational reasons is still violence. Yes, AoE2 is a very violent game. But AoCZone is not a game, it's a forum.

No matter how many times we discuss or I get post deleted I expect you to always message and give the reason of the delet, you can’t silply delet it without saying a word, you assume I posted knowing it wasn’t allowed to use this sentence, and done on purpose, if I did Know it would be deleted I wouldn’t post it or phrase it like this, so in future please always message when you use of your power and give an explanation.


I won't give you this special treatment (only speaking for myself). Feel free to write a PM to admins/mods and ask for reasons whenever we delete or edit a topic/post of you and you don't understand why. As long as you don't start spamming violations + explanation requests (which goes against rule 9), that's fine.

In real life no matter how well you are known by the police when they arrest you or control you they always tell you the reason.


That's because in many countries, there is a rule of law and division of power which controls police actions and unlike me policewo*men can do much more harm to you than delete a post in a gaming forum from time to time. The police is an institution of a state into which you were born without your agreement. But you freely chose to be a member of AoCZone, which is technically a privately owned club.


Pumukel,

1+2) How do you explain many of gerry's posts havent been deleted where he says he would beat up or violenec someone irl ? but mine where i talk to friend telling him i would corrige him in AOC (come arena i will make ur as s red) is ?
As I already told you, you never deleted post insulting religions, very offensive (in past with indians guys cant remember who posted) was very offending some post that insulting god and stuff, well i just cant understand.

3+4) Dont get me wrong, I don't want any special treatment, you should message ANYONE not only me, after deleting a post, its just to me common respect/education sense, just imagine, you post something, you come back your post is not here anymore, you don't know who deleted it could be 5-6 differents persons, you do'nt know reason, none message you, its just basic sense to me, should take you 1 min to tell the guy you delet his post, why you deleted it. Police was just an exemple, but in school if you break rules, the teacher tell u what u did wrong, or if u prefer, in ur home, if ur kid do something wrong or break a rules, you dont just punish him without telling him what wrong, well i don't know if i can explain it good, i dont know if they are good exemples, i dont know if you understand, but you should really reconcider the way you moderating aoc zone.
Last edited by  edie on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING


[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: May 09, 2013
Age: 21
 2222 (56%)
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  gerry » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 pm

I think we need a democratic election.id still keep pukumel in charge,at least he makes the effort to explain himself.
 gerry
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sep 01, 2009
 
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  Dovahkiin4e201 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 21:40 GMT » gerry wrote:
I think we need a democratic election.id still keep pukumel in charge,at least he makes the effort to explain himself.

No we don't, this is not a nation this is an internet forum, whoever created aoczone can decide who is admin and admins have complete authority to do what they want, as long as whoever made the site/site owner is fine with it, as it's the owners website, not yours, if you want an aoczone with complete free speech with no bannings or deleting of posts, get with a group of other like minded people and make one.
Hell, I'm not even in favor of mods/admins banning people and deleting posts for no reason, as a mod on vipers twitch chat I almost never ban people (or do anything really) but if the owner made an admin an admin and the site owner is fine with what they are doing, then they have the full right to do what they want. If you have a problem bring it up with the owner, hell even making posts complaining about admins is fine, and a good way to spread awareness, but you have no right to democratically elect admins on somebody elses' internet forum.
 Dovahkiin4e201
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Nov 13, 2017
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  nimanoe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 21:15 GMT » gerry wrote:
at least you admit to AOCzone being closer to a police state rather than a democracy

If only it was a democracy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137410
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
User avatar
 nimanoe
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Jan 15, 2014
Age: 23
 1513 (45%)
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  Dovahkiin4e201 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 21:51 GMT » nimanoe wrote:
  03 Feb 2018, 21:15 GMT » gerry wrote:
at least you admit to AOCzone being closer to a police state rather than a democracy

If only it was a democracy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137410

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 Dovahkiin4e201
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Nov 13, 2017
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  gerry » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 21:51 GMT » nimanoe wrote:
  03 Feb 2018, 21:15 GMT » gerry wrote:
at least you admit to AOCzone being closer to a police state rather than a democracy

If only it was a democracy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137410


vote was too close to call, noobs.
 gerry
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sep 01, 2009
 

Re: hi admins

Postby  nimanoe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 pm

  03 Feb 2018, 22:03 GMT » gerry wrote:
  03 Feb 2018, 21:51 GMT » nimanoe wrote:
  03 Feb 2018, 21:15 GMT » gerry wrote:
at least you admit to AOCzone being closer to a police state rather than a democracy

If only it was a democracy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137410


vote was too close to call, noobs.

I'd say it was pretty decisive, just people weren't sure how long you should be banned
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
User avatar
 nimanoe
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Jan 15, 2014
Age: 23
 1513 (45%)
 
 
PreviousNext

Return to Community Café

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators