Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

Re: the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Postby  scripter64 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 am

Which version of v1.5 (filename of the download like UserPatch.v1.5.Beta.20171025-000000.zip) are you currently using?
 scripter64

Postby  Brainless » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:59 am

UserPatch.v1.5.Beta.20170728-000000

i see there is a new version today. Are there any important changes?
Last edited by  Brainless on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  Brainless » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 pm

this are almost all my games of the last 3 months or so: https://sanderclement.stackstorage.com/s/vTJ4sOG38TzEFCV
(54 games, 131.256 KB)

I believe they are all played in the same Userpatch 1.5 version. The AI's in the game are the latest Promi, Barbarian 2.18beta and Barbarian 2.17. The last one i renamed to Boarbarian to use it alongside Barbarian 2.18beta.

Most games are played in 400 pop 4v4 on MADrandom or Gigarandom.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  wattle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey Brainless, where did you get the Barbarian 2.18beta from and do you know what is different/new with this version (does it use UP1.5 features)?
I can only find the 2.17.
 wattle

Postby  Brainless » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 pm

26 Oct 2017, 20:00 GMT » wattle wrote:
Hey Brainless, where did you get the Barbarian 2.18beta from and do you know what is different/new with this version (does it use UP1.5 features)?
I can only find the 2.17.

its a test beta version. I cant not judge it very well, but it was told to me that it is especially (re)build for UP1.5. But it is not complete yet. It behaves a bit different from 2.17, it makes less attacks, but bigger attacks. It is less agressive in flush, but it looks like coordinating attacks better with allies. I believe it does micro single units a little more,like dodging mangonel shots. It also has some kind of (simulated) awareness of where to put castles.

Overall,i cant say it is better then 2.17 (yet) or worse. Just 1 difference: with 2.17 you would generally know when it is gg, with 2.18 you can expect some big counterpush. It might get better of TheMAX continous it. Its a beta version, but i havened noticed real flaws until now.

I am not sure if TheMAX wants itto be shared. Better PM him about this.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  wattle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:43 pm

thank you for the info :-)
 wattle

Postby  Brainless » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 pm

my dear readers and fellow community members,
a new chapter has been opened in the world of AOC AI!

thanks to scripters like.. scripter, TheMax, CheeseOnToast, Promiskuitiv, Aleph and more (sorry for not knowing you all) we are entering a new era of challenging AI's.

Until recently, Barbarian was the benchmark. Promi was 2nd best, but only as a variation to Barbarian. After playing 100's of games versus those AI's, we know what they do. Yes, they have many different strategies, but in the end they were limited by the programming options of the game, and it became in some way predictable. We know how to cripple it, how to fence off its attacks, to break its economy.

But now there are new things!
1 - First of all, Userpatch 1.5. No introduction needed.

2 - Secondly, a new generation of AI's that are written for UP1.5 . And these are good! Not the monsters in eco like barbarian still is, but tactical, with map-awareness. They have new ways to hurt you, or complicate your game. For now, my friend and i have used The_Unknown and Subjugator. They are still work in progress, but main bugs are mostly written out by now. They show interesting things i have never seen done by an AI before. Housewalling, microing units, forward builds, etc.
The best thing yet is their diversity. Like in human team games, you are not all clones. By mixing the AI's: Barbarian, Promi, The_Unknown, Subjugator there is really an AI-dreamteam running. It is maybe less hard then 4xbarbarian, but it is much less predictable. This mean as a human counterplayer you have to watch them carefully and adept. This is good, because, with all respect, barbarian became something like a punching bag. (a large one that could swing back at us, but still predictable)

3 - Random AI selector. This thing makes it complete. It selects AI for us, hiding their ID behind generic names like Alaric the Hun. The team composition is random, with a set chance for every AI to appear. Now we don't know what we are fighting against, and really have no idea at start what it is going to do. Sometimes there is a weak player, or a very strong one. We dont know which one at start, so we dont know who to target first.

We just played 2 games with this setup working perfectly. I add the recs below.
I really hope these AI's develop more and more, having new tricks and surprises. Also it is good to have 3 or more that are challenging like this. I still like to mention and add Illuminati and The Horde, they can be tough as well. If they would be evolved into the UP1.5 level, that would be great.
Attachments
rec.20171222-235905.rar
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
rec.20171222-230147.rar
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by  Brainless on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  leo_169 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:22 pm

very good news! :D
 leo_169

Postby  scripter64 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:40 am

Thanks, Brainless!
 scripter64

Postby  willworkforicecream » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 am

I'm not a AI scripter but I like watching AI matchups. Thanks for all you guys do for the community.
 willworkforicecream

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Games