Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (33)
»  ebbu
»  htc
»  Smi
»  Zuppi
Guests (64)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

Re: the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Postby  wattle » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:43 am

Once again a 1TC (45Vil) Mangudai push, this time against Brits and Celts on Oasis. If this could be possible without pausing we wouldn't need a 120-140 Vil Eco any longer :D and a K/D-ratio of 779/9 would be nothing special :mrgreen:
(unfortunatelly split in 2 parts)
Attachments
Use icon to link to single game from the pack (right click, copy link).
Use icon to download single game from the pack (.ZIP only, no folders inside).
Attachment: Oasis_wattle(Mo) vs Barbi(Ce,Br).zip
AoC Zone • RECORDED GAME
2 Games • Show all Link this game
 wattle

Postby  Brainless » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:26 am

03 Mar 2016, 05:43 GMT » wattle wrote:
Once again a 1TC (45Vil) Mangudai push, this time against Brits and Celts on Oasis. If this could be possible without pausing we wouldn't need a 120-140 Vil Eco any longer :D and a K/D-ratio of 779/9 would be nothing special :mrgreen:
(unfortunatelly split in 2 parts)

wow! So great to see that band of mangudai going through blue town, decimating its villagers and dodging the defense.
I was worried how you would beat that barbarian armies but you got micro skills! Poor barbarians...
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  wattle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:46 am

I like to compensate my terrible multitasking by pausing the game to micro and see what is possible if I don't mess up due to poor multitasking. Obviously this is only possible against the AI and so I'm stuck at singleplayer (playing a game here and there isn't enough to improve multitasking for multiplayer). You guys do incredible.
 wattle

Postby  HighFlyer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:50 am

04 Mar 2016, 05:46 GMT » wattle wrote:
by pausing the game

Naruhodo
 HighFlyer

1575 (48%)

Postby  Brainless » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 am

04 Mar 2016, 05:46 GMT » wattle wrote:
I like to compensate my terrible multitasking by pausing the game to micro and see what is possible if I don't mess up due to poor multitasking. Obviously this is only possible against the AI and so I'm stuck at singleplayer (playing a game here and there isn't enough to improve multitasking for multiplayer). You guys do incredible.

well.. you should try playing on slow speed. It feels very natural to me, it gives you opportunities to do these things in real time
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Brainless » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:02 am

I think i broke my barbie... :?

i downloaded barbarian 2.17 beta 3 on 05-02-2016 from https://app.box.com/s/uvwxi279j5nlkl1bv4c3c6fbly8jpwx0
when we first played it it was ok. But after 2 or 3 games strange changes started. It became lazy. Not rushing. Just booming till imp. Only defending its town. Or maybe not able to judge the maps we play. Chaotic vill reassignment in dark age sometimes.

I'm not sure, sometimes it works allright, but many times it looks just asleep. I played about 20 games and put them all in a ZIP. You can find them with this link:

WARNING! this link contains boring contents >>> https://copy.com/kL80wowJjA9Vg9nG

if you dont want to download that 35Mb package you could just watch the 1 record i added. It says it all
Attachments
rec.20160228-002637 WTF Barbies its 2v2v2v2.zip
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  wattle » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:44 pm

nice double-boarlure in your single rec and good comeback vs yellow and later vs orange and grey. I thought both times it might be your end :D
 wattle

Postby  Brainless » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am

update / rectification

we played a few more barbie games on "standard" game setups, and i must say, it performed perfectly.

It just happened to be coincidence that we played about 20 games after i installed 2.17 where it acted weird. Or maybe our game setups are weird. In fact , yes i think that must be it. 2v2v2v2 with 6 AI's, whats the point in that?
We have played 3v3's and even got beaten.

EDIT: overall it seems barbie 2.17 is playing good. Its just a little changed from flushing to other strategies, i feel. Still the best AI around
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  Brainless » Fri May 27, 2016 12:02 pm

WEIRD STUFF
My knights are getting disobedient. What am i doing wrong?

i do not post games any more lately because im not doing well anymore. I feel im losing skills quickly. Im sloppy, dazed and relying on old routines.

But this one i want to show because there is some weird behaviour of my kts.
What happens is this: i have 4 kts rushing to yellow enemy pocket, happily killing vills. 22-24 mins.
Purple flank comes in to defend with about 25 x-bows.
My kts kill 5 goldminers at 24, then i try move them west, away from purple X-bows. Some weird regrouping takes place and they dont go west, but run to the east, wehre x-bows are.
I click again to go west, about where the river is, on the edge of my screen. They hesitate, go 2 tiles west, then go east again.
I click again to go west, same response.
I click again, but they keep running into death
I just could not save them, they were out of control

Does anyone know this behaviour? Is it pathfinding, is it because the mining camp is in between the group? Is there something in the terrain? Is it a defense override of my command? Why dont they just do what i tell them to?
Attachments
rec.20160526-232301 pathfinding bug at 25 kts dont want to go west.mgz.zip
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  wattle » Fri May 27, 2016 5:53 pm

I've little knowledge but as you mentioned I would think it probably was because of the mining camp in between the group. If I remember correctly sometimes my units get better pathfinding when I press stop and retask them, especeally if my rams are for example near a big building, sometimes the will go round half of that building unless I press stop and retask them, then they start to attack right away.
 wattle

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Games