Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

Re: the Brainless beating Barbie thread

Postby  k_the_foodie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:12 am

23 Dec 2017, 15:07 GMT » Brainless wrote:
my dear readers and fellow community members,
a new chapter has been opened in the world of AOC AI!

thanks to scripters like.. scripter, TheMax, CheeseOnToast, Promiskuitiv, Aleph and more (sorry for not knowing you all) we are entering a new era of challenging AI's.

Until recently, Barbarian was the benchmark. Promi was 2nd best, but only as a variation to Barbarian. After playing 100's of games versus those AI's, we know what they do. Yes, they have many different strategies, but in the end they were limited by the programming options of the game, and it became in some way predictable. We know how to cripple it, how to fence off its attacks, to break its economy.

But now there are new things!
1 - First of all, Userpatch 1.5. No introduction needed.

2 - Secondly, a new generation of AI's that are written for UP1.5 . And these are good! Not the monsters in eco like barbarian still is, but tactical, with map-awareness. They have new ways to hurt you, or complicate your game. For now, my friend and i have used The_Unknown and Subjugator. They are still work in progress, but main bugs are mostly written out by now. They show interesting things i have never seen done by an AI before. Housewalling, microing units, forward builds, etc.
The best thing yet is their diversity. Like in human team games, you are not all clones. By mixing the AI's: Barbarian, Promi, The_Unknown, Subjugator there is really an AI-dreamteam running. It is maybe less hard then 4xbarbarian, but it is much less predictable. This mean as a human counterplayer you have to watch them carefully and adept. This is good, because, with all respect, barbarian became something like a punching bag. (a large one that could swing back at us, but still predictable)

3 - Random AI selector. This thing makes it complete. It selects AI for us, hiding their ID behind generic names like Alaric the Hun. The team composition is random, with a set chance for every AI to appear. Now we don't know what we are fighting against, and really have no idea at start what it is going to do. Sometimes there is a weak player, or a very strong one. We dont know which one at start, so we dont know who to target first.

We just played 2 games with this setup working perfectly. I add the recs below.
I really hope these AI's develop more and more, having new tricks and surprises. Also it is good to have 3 or more that are challenging like this. I still like to mention and add Illuminati and The Horde, they can be tough as well. If they would be evolved into the UP1.5 level, that would be great.

How and when can I play with these ai and options?
 k_the_foodie

Postby  Brainless » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 pm

24 Dec 2017, 02:12 GMT » k_the_foodie wrote:

thanks to scripters like.. scripter, TheMax, CheeseOnToast, Promiskuitiv, Aleph and more (sorry for not knowing you all) we are entering a new era of challenging AI's.

Until recently, Barbarian was the benchmark. Promi was 2nd best, but only as a variation to Barbarian. After playing 100's of games versus those AI's, we know what they do. Yes, they have many different strategies, but in the end they were limited by the programming options of the game, and it became in some way predictable. We know how to cripple it, how to fence off its attacks, to break its economy.

2 - Secondly, a new generation of AI's that are written for UP1.5 . And these are good! Not the monsters in eco like barbarian still is, but tactical, with map-awareness. They have new ways to hurt you, or complicate your game. For now, my friend and i have used The_Unknown and Subjugator. They are still work in progress, but main bugs are mostly written out by now. They show interesting things i have never seen done by an AI before. Housewalling, microing units, forward builds, etc.
The best thing yet is their diversity. Like in human team games, you are not all clones. By mixing the AI's: Barbarian, Promi, The_Unknown, Subjugator there is really an AI-dreamteam running. It is maybe less hard then 4xbarbarian, but it is much less predictable. This mean as a human counterplayer you have to watch them carefully and adept. This is good, because, with all respect, barbarian became something like a punching bag. (a large one that could swing back at us, but still predictable)

3 - Random AI selector. This thing makes it complete. It selects AI for us, hiding their ID behind generic names like Alaric the Hun. The team composition is random, with a set chance for every AI to appear. Now we don't know what we are fighting against, and really have no idea at start what it is going to do. Sometimes there is a weak player, or a very strong one. We dont know which one at start, so we dont know who to target first.

I really hope these AI's develop more and more, having new tricks and surprises. Also it is good to have 3 or more that are challenging like this. I still like to mention and add Illuminati and The Horde, they can be tough as well. If they would be evolved into the UP1.5 level, that would be great.

anytime you want in singleplayer mode. Or invite a friend for an IP game ( host the game via AOC starting menu to select > multiplayer > internet TCP/IP connection for directplay, and give you friend your IP number to connect )

for the AI's you best go to:
the UP1.4 AI's ladder: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=28,40898,,30

UP1.5 AI's:
The Unknown by Offwo200: http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4539
Subjugator by CheeseOnToast: http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4604
Bruteforce by CheeseOnToast (discontinued, prefer Subjugator): http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4558

download the AI's of your choice and extract their files into the game's AI subfolder.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  jojkov » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 am

Thank you for the news, i didnt know about The Unknown and Subjucator, finally more AI's on WK. Btw, some days ago MadCadder founded a way to play with Barbarian and other old good AI's on WK.
  18 Dec 2017, 12:05 GMT » TheMadCADer wrote:
It is possible to play Barbarian with WK single player. You will need to edit the WK.xml file in order to do this. It is usually located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Games and looks like this when you open it in notepad:

In order for Barbarian to function, you can change the civ names in the XML to a name that Barbarian is programmed for:

Barbarian doesn't take advantage of the expansion content, but I've found it's still better than Bruteforce. I don't know if it works this way with multiplayer though.

Multiplayer works, it is enough for host to have those AI files changed.
  18 Dec 2017, 13:23 GMT » TheMadCADer wrote:
Incidentally, for single player, if you want a certain AI (ex Barbarian) to be the default, you can go and find the ai files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Games\WololoKingdoms\Script.ai

Rename Barbarian.ai and Barbarian.per to RandomGame.ai and RandomGame.per respectively.

This way you won't have to switch the computer slot to Barbarian for every single time you want to play, and in-game, the computer will have a name like "Richard the Lionhearted" instead of "Barbarian".
PaD
 jojkov

Postby  Brainless » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:24 pm

18 Dec 2017, 13:23 GMT » TheMadCADer wrote:
Incidentally, for single player, if you want a certain AI (ex Barbarian) to be the default, you can go and find the ai files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Games\WololoKingdoms\Script.ai

Rename Barbarian.ai and Barbarian.per to RandomGame.ai and RandomGame.per respectively.

This way you won't have to switch the computer slot to Barbarian for every single time you want to play, and in-game, the computer will have a name like "Richard the Lionhearted" instead of "Barbarian".

this one is good. If you would replace it with the random AI selector i have you can end up with a very variable (unpredictable) AI opponent.
I just still dont know if the random AI script is free for me to share. I still want to ask scripter
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  jojkov » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:36 pm

25 Dec 2017, 13:24 GMT » Brainless wrote:
this one is good. If you would replace it with the random AI selector i have you can end up with a very variable (unpredictable) AI opponent.
I just still dont know if the random AI script is free for me to share. I still want to ask scripter

I always choose "random" opponents from all AI's i have. It would be cool, if it choose one automatically without me knowing. Let me know, after you ask.
PaD
 jojkov

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  kingthegreatone » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 pm

24 Dec 2017, 11:29 GMT » Brainless wrote:
  24 Dec 2017, 02:12 GMT » k_the_foodie wrote:

anytime you want in singleplayer mode. Or invite a friend for an IP game ( host the game via AOC starting menu to select > multiplayer > internet TCP/IP connection for directplay, and give you friend your IP number to connect )

for the AI's you best go to:
the UP1.4 AI's ladder: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=28,40898,,30

UP1.5 AI's:
The Unknown by Offwo200: http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4539
Subjugator by CheeseOnToast: http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4604
Bruteforce by CheeseOnToast (discontinued, prefer Subjugator): http://forums.aiscripters.com/download/file.php?id=4558

download the AI's of your choice and extract their files into the game's AI subfolder.

These links are not working.
Please can you tell me how to download "Subjugator" and "The Unknown".
Also, do confirm if they can play "with" WK civs.
 kingthegreatone

Postby  k_the_foodie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 am

Bump.

Any further updates on these new ai ?
Any update whether barbie is being updated for UP 1.5 and wk ?
 k_the_foodie

Postby  scripter64 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:40 am

Barbarian may be updated to support the new UP v1.5 features and WK civs, but only TheMax would know for certain if and when it becomes public. Subjugator, Unknown, and other AIs are being updated fairly often at http://forums.aiscripters.com/
 scripter64

Postby  Brainless » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:44 pm

31 Jan 2018, 07:40 GMT » scripter64 wrote:
Barbarian may be updated to support the new UP v1.5 features and WK civs, but only TheMax would know for certain if and when it becomes public. Subjugator, Unknown, and other AIs are being updated fairly often at http://forums.aiscripters.com/

dont forget to mention Promi. I play those AI's regularly, and in mixed teams they make interesting games. Promi is a real pocket booming hero, however it executed some good knight rush support too. But oh boy, when it starts moving in imp it is like no AI push i have ever seen. (playing on pop400)
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  k_the_foodie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 am

31 Jan 2018, 16:44 GMT » Brainless wrote:
  31 Jan 2018, 07:40 GMT » scripter64 wrote:

dont forget to mention Promi. I play those AI's regularly, and in mixed teams they make interesting games. Promi is a real pocket booming hero, however it executed some good knight rush support too. But oh boy, when it starts moving in imp it is like no AI push i have ever seen. (playing on pop400)

Would you say, at this moment, promi is best on up1.5 + wk?
 k_the_foodie

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Games