Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to know.

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 
 

WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to know.

Postby  HyunAOP » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:07 pm

I know anyone can probably Google most of it but there are probably some overlooked changes people may not be aware of so I felt maybe making this thread could be useful (most of it is probably obvious anyway)

First off

Elite Skirmisher is 200w 100g (50w and 60g cheaper than AoC) in an attempt to make Crossbow dominance less strong

Guard Towers and Keeps +1 Attack and on top of this Garrisoned secondary arrows now deal 2 damage. This means Mangonels now have a hard time pushing into guard towers which can be a worthwhile upgrade vs Mangonels.

War Wagons are now in the Cavalry Archer class meaning they take more damage from Skirms now unlike in AOC. Also vs Camel Archers.

Elite Mameluke and Elite Mangudai now have 5 frame delay. In an attempt to nerf their dominance in AOC.

Houses cost 25w not 30w so if you get Chinese and make 2 houses by accident. You don't need to chop 10w to make a lumber camp anymore. Chinese also got the Teuton TC LOS Bonus.

Houses and buildings hp are staggered per age so despite houses being cheaper they don't start of with 900hp. Houses start off with 550hp in Dark Age and goes up per Age in an attempt to make house walling less OP.

Pallisade walls take +1s to create and stone walls +2. Stone walls have half hp in dark and feudal and get double in castle age. In an attempt to nerf walling.

Camels are no longer classed as ships but they still take 1 bonus damage vs buildings. Heated Shot is no longer good defence vs Camel Raids. Spearline however keep their bonus vs Ships as Cysion found it hilarious such a bonus exists so it's not removed. Regular Camels also got +1 base attack at the expense of -1 bonus vs Cavalry.

Fire Ship line is affected by Ballistics. They can attack fleeing ships a lot better.

Following this, the unique tech Arquebus from the Portuguese does not need Ballistics to be researched for the effect to apply to gunpowder and Spanish cannon Galleons also no longer need Ballistics like in AOC. They get the ballistic effect automatically now.

Unless you value villager movement speed or the slight boost in all resource gathering not just farmers. It's better to delay Hand Cart with the Slavs as Slav farmers do not farm faster with hand cart. (No idea if it will be fixed) also following this. You can delay wheelbarrow with Slavs entirely in feudal unless you value the villager movement speed. Slav farmers with Hand Cart farm the same as a Saracen farmer with hand cart. (Credit to Jineapple)

Following the above. Mayan Farm rate is alot slower now that resources last 15% longer compared to AOC Mayans (again credit to Jineapple)

Korean fortification speed is actually 33% faster not 25%. This makes them better than Spanish tower rush in every way and they have the fastest castle drop build speed in the game. You shouldn't daut castle as much after treadmill crane and you can spam bbt or keeps with arrowslits super fast now.

Eagle warriors in feudal take 60s to create. In castle age they went from 35s (AOC) to 32s (HD expansions) and the castle age eagle warrior doesn't improve the creation speed rate which alot of people seem to think it does.

Elite Eagle warrior however does go from 32s to 20s creation speed. That hasn't changed. Castle Age Eagles move +0.1 faster than regular Eagle Scouts and get +3 Vs Cavalry instead of +2 And become cost effective vs Knight line.

Contrary to popular belief. Slingers don't fire faster with Thumb Ring therefore xbows with thumb ring and ballistics still come out on top. Both do benefit from ballistics however and Slingers have a minimum range until they research the Incas UT.

The Viking Unique Tech Chieftain applies to all infantry not just Berserks. Meaning Viking Pikes now get a moderate 27 (4+4) bonus damage vs Cavalry which makes it a tiny bit more forgiving Vikings miss Halberdiers but of course Halbs are still the best with 32 (6+4). Vs Camel units Viking Pikes are actually better and Civs that miss plate mail Viking Pikes perform a tad bit better.

The Khmer double crossbow tech which allows Scorps and Ballista Elephants to fire two bolts; the second bolt does considerably less damage to the point a Celtic scorp still wins 1v1 and 40 v 40 making it a rather underwhelming tech for scorps but a must to increase their DPS regardless.

Teutons Ironclad makes their Capped Rams take considerably less damage from Chu Ko Nu and out tank even Celtic Siege rams vs Melee units. A good investment to buff the Teuton siege line and protect them better.

Castle locked units in AOC no longer need a castle. Vikings can make longboats, Koreans can make Turtles, Spanish can make Missionaries, Italian and allies can make Condotierros. This means you can now create secondary unique units instantly upon hitting castle age (imp for condos) which can be useful in the current water meta of fire galleys.

Coinage and Banking cost more and take longer to research in an attempt to nerf slinging. (They can't move it up an Age as it will break campaigns potentially but you can always ask for a WK mod for it)

A hidden change of Elite jaguar warrior getting +11 bonus vs infantry instead of the AOC +10 means Elite jaguar and Elite samurai are evenly matched when faced up against each other. Meaning if you're Aztec vs Japanese, don't be afraid to go Jags vs Samurai if you were afraid before.

Jaguar Warrior also got +1 PA so mass Skirms didn't totally slaughter them. It also highlights just how much +1 damage can change a fight.

In an attempt to make up for the indirect Huns nerf of cheaper houses. Tarkans got +1 PA and can now be created at the stable at Marauders making Tarkans perform better than Paladins vs certain ranged units. (Aka Plumes) in 1v1s Elite tarkan and marauders is more affordable than Paladin making them alot more viable since only 1 castle after the UT is needed to mass them.

Squires and Husbandry is -100f cheaper. And tracking is -25f cheaper. Food saves are cool.

Man At Arms get an extra +1 Vs buildings. Longswords get +5 hp and 2h swordsmen go from 11 to 12 attack. If the current castle age eagle meta is rising. So could these underused bad boys. Wishful thinking.

Elephant Archers have -2 archer armour. Knights by default have 0 archer bonus so that the Persian team bonus can apply to them but even more weirder is that Boyar, Tarkan, Gbeto and Throwing Axemen also have 0 bonus damage vs Archers by default (Persian team bonus doesn't work) but the non Persian Knights, Boyar, Tarkan, Gbeto and Axemen do 2 bonus damage to Elephant Archers as a result of this. Elite tarkan vs Elite Elephant Archer has some funny fights because of this.

If you're aware of how reload time works you're probably familiar Japanese Infantry attack 33% faster and not 25%. Likewise Ethiopian Archers fire 18% faster not 15%.


If there is anymore changes or things that could be useful for current AOC players moving to Voobly trying out WololoKingdoms feel free to post.

I only made this thread because I felt at least half of the info here is useful.
 HyunAOP
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Nov 04, 2014
Location: United Kingdom
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Good thread, read it all and learned a lot!
Image

**** you all
User avatar
 Philippe le Bon
 
Posts: 4870
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: 傻逼
 1428 (36%)
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  HyunAOP » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:25 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:17 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
Good thread, read it all and learned a lot!


Liar

Kappa
 HyunAOP
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Nov 04, 2014
Location: United Kingdom
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  wAkKo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Amazing post mate, big thanks!
User avatar
 wAkKo
 
Posts: 850
Joined: May 19, 2008
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  Rorarimbo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Great post Hyuna. Even if you think you know most things its good to see some things explained and learn some new ones.

I have trouble understanding the two things where Jineapple was mantioned. :D I guess thoes apply for WK only. And it may be the case of my English but still.

Unless you value villager movement speed or the slight boost in all resource gathering not just farmers. It's better to delay Hand Cart with the Slavs as Slav farmers do not farm faster with hand cart. (No idea if it will be fixed) also following this. You can delay wheelbarrow with Slavs entirely in feudal unless you value the villager movement speed. Slav farmers with Hand Cart farm the same as a Saracen farmer with hand cart. (Credit to Jineapple)

First of all I always had trouble whats not working with Slavs when it comes to wheelbarrow and handcart. I think their FArming bonus dont stack with these? I have seen Jineapple say its posible to fix this in WK so you saying he did it? because the example with the saracen and slav farmers I dont understand what different.

Following the above. Mayan Farm rate is alot slower now that resources last 15% longer compared to AOC Mayans (again credit to Jineapple)

If I understand correctly because of longer lasting resources mayan farmers take longer to exhaust a farm while in AOC they took the same time as normal farmers but collected more food (because of the bonus) for that time.
 Rorarimbo
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 35
 
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:34 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:25 GMT » _HyunA wrote:
  06 Oct 2017, 15:17 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
Good thread, read it all and learned a lot!


Liar

Kappa

Well yeah. Your thread sucks.

Kappa
Image

**** you all
User avatar
 Philippe le Bon
 
Posts: 4870
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: 傻逼
 1428 (36%)
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  HyunAOP » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:34 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
  06 Oct 2017, 15:25 GMT » _HyunA wrote:
  06 Oct 2017, 15:17 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
Good thread, read it all and learned a lot!


Liar

Kappa

Well yeah. Your thread sucks.

Kappa


You suck <3 noKappa
 HyunAOP
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Nov 04, 2014
Location: United Kingdom
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  HyunAOP » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:31 GMT » Rorarimbo wrote:
Great post Hyuna. Even if you think you know most things its good to see some things explained and learn some new ones.

I have trouble understanding the two things where Jineapple was mantioned. :D I guess thoes apply for WK only. And it may be the case of my English but still.

Unless you value villager movement speed or the slight boost in all resource gathering not just farmers. It's better to delay Hand Cart with the Slavs as Slav farmers do not farm faster with hand cart. (No idea if it will be fixed) also following this. You can delay wheelbarrow with Slavs entirely in feudal unless you value the villager movement speed. Slav farmers with Hand Cart farm the same as a Saracen farmer with hand cart. (Credit to Jineapple)

First of all I always had trouble whats not working with Slavs when it comes to wheelbarrow and handcart. I think their FArming bonus dont stack with these? I have seen Jineapple say its posible to fix this in WK so you saying he did it? because the example with the saracen and slav farmers I dont understand what different.

Following the above. Mayan Farm rate is alot slower now that resources last 15% longer compared to AOC Mayans (again credit to Jineapple)

If I understand correctly because of longer lasting resources mayan farmers take longer to exhaust a farm while in AOC they took the same time as normal farmers but collected more food (because of the bonus) for that time.


This image (again credit to Jineapple) may be useful :D

https://i.imgur.com/uHnOiLj.png
 HyunAOP
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Nov 04, 2014
Location: United Kingdom
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:41 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:37 GMT » _HyunA wrote:
  06 Oct 2017, 15:34 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
Well yeah. Your thread sucks.

Kappa


You suck <3 noKappa

Least I assume it!
When it comes to you, your sex orientation denial is as big as your mother <3
Image

**** you all
User avatar
 Philippe le Bon
 
Posts: 4870
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: 傻逼
 1428 (36%)
 

Re: WololoKingdom/HD expansion cnges that maybe helpful to k

Postby  Rorarimbo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 pm

  06 Oct 2017, 15:38 GMT » _HyunA wrote:
  06 Oct 2017, 15:31 GMT » Rorarimbo wrote:
Great post Hyuna. Even if you think you know most things its good to see some things explained and learn some new ones.

I have trouble understanding the two things where Jineapple was mantioned. :D I guess thoes apply for WK only. And it may be the case of my English but still.

Unless you value villager movement speed or the slight boost in all resource gathering not just farmers. It's better to delay Hand Cart with the Slavs as Slav farmers do not farm faster with hand cart. (No idea if it will be fixed) also following this. You can delay wheelbarrow with Slavs entirely in feudal unless you value the villager movement speed. Slav farmers with Hand Cart farm the same as a Saracen farmer with hand cart. (Credit to Jineapple)

First of all I always had trouble whats not working with Slavs when it comes to wheelbarrow and handcart. I think their FArming bonus dont stack with these? I have seen Jineapple say its posible to fix this in WK so you saying he did it? because the example with the saracen and slav farmers I dont understand what different.

Following the above. Mayan Farm rate is alot slower now that resources last 15% longer compared to AOC Mayans (again credit to Jineapple)

If I understand correctly because of longer lasting resources mayan farmers take longer to exhaust a farm while in AOC they took the same time as normal farmers but collected more food (because of the bonus) for that time.


This image (again credit to Jineapple) may be useful :D

https://i.imgur.com/uHnOiLj.png



Thanks at least I know the end result now. I guess on HD compred to WK Slav farming is even slower while Mayan is what it was on AOC?
 Rorarimbo
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 35
 
 
Next

Return to General AoFE Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators