Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (60)
»  650r
»  ebbu
»  Fedex
»  frhtr
»  serv
»  wAkKo
Guests (137)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Music playlist (UserPatch) not working for AoFE?

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Music playlist (UserPatch) not working for AoFE?

Postby  Hippox » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm trying to get my music to play automatically through UserPatch's playlist feature for AoFE, but it just wont seem to work. I used the UserPatch's installer to create the playlist, so I know it's done right. Is the Windows media player a requirement or something? It isn't stated.

I use Win7.

Thanks
AoE2HD,,,,it's getting much better with 3.0
 Hippox

Re: Music playlist (UserPatch) not working for AoFE?

Postby  f1reboy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Mine did not work either.

I wonder the solution like you.

For a while I'm playing a Taunt of around 23 minutes that include all the 8 tracks of AoE2 background music.
Loom is for noobs.
 f1reboy

Postby  justtesting1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Age of Empires II\Sound\music.m3u:
Code: Select all
Sound\age2.mp3
Sound\age2_x1.mp3

edit: sorry, i thought you mean for the conquerors :S
Last edited by  justtesting1234 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 justtesting1234

Postby  Hippox » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 pm

24 Aug 2013, 15:03 GMT » justtesting1234 wrote:
Age of Empires II\Sound\music.m3u:
Code: Select all
Sound\age2.mp3
Sound\age2_x1.mp3

Doesn't work at all. And why should it? UserPatch states it needs the absolute path which 'Sound\*' is not. But worth a try, I guess. Does it actually work for you, though?

24 Aug 2013, 14:15 GMT » fireboy1 wrote:
Mine did not work either.

I wonder the solution like you.

For a while I'm playing a Taunt of around 23 minutes that include all the 8 tracks of AoE2 background music.

Well, that's a okay solution. But so is playing the music manually.
 Hippox

Postby  scripter64 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:24 pm

For Forgotten Empires, the music.m3u file must be in:
Age of Empires II\Games\Forgotten Empires\Sound\music.m3u

The FixAoFE.exe file in the "age2_x1" folder can set it up.
Make sure both Sound and Music volume sliders are max.

Relative file paths do work, but only if they are relative to the "Age of Empires II" folder.
Absolute paths are easier to work with, since you don't have to think about the base folder.

From the other thread lol wrote:
fireboy, for the music playlist, it's possible that either the volume is too low (the volume sliders are very sensitive), or you are missing DirectShow codecs for your music file types. For the volume possibility, please increase both Sound Volume and Music Volume to max from the main menu options (they are linked), and then see if you hear your music once gameplay begins. If you do, then adjust the volume sliders from that point until it's a comfortable volume.

If you hear nothing on max volume, try adding a .wav format music file to the playlist, since wav files don't require any codec support. You can find the Cricket.wav file in the "Age of Empires II\Sound\terrain" folder to test with. If the wav file plays, then you may need to install DirectShow codecs for your other file types. Many music players, like Media Player Classic, embed codecs inside themselves, so it may seem like the codecs are installed on the system when they aren't.

If you don't hear even the Cricket.wav file, it may be the whole "running the game as admin" or "not running as admin" thing because of the "Compatibility Files" system in Windows Vista and later.

If you need further assistance, we can try stuff directly by borrowing the aofe live support chat:
http://forgottenempires.net/live-support/
 scripter64

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Hippox » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:00 pm

24 Aug 2013, 18:24 GMT » scripter64 wrote:
For Forgotten Empires, the music.m3u file must be in:
Age of Empires II\Games\Forgotten Empires\Sound\music.m3u

The FixAoFE.exe file in the "age2_x1" folder can set it up.
Make sure both Sound and Music volume sliders are max.

Relative file paths do work, but only if they are relative to the "Age of Empires II" folder.
Absolute paths are easier to work with, since you don't have to think about the base folder.

From the other thread lol wrote:
fireboy, for the music playlist, it's possible that either the volume is too low (the volume sliders are very sensitive), or you are missing DirectShow codecs for your music file types. For the volume possibility, please increase both Sound Volume and Music Volume to max from the main menu options (they are linked), and then see if you hear your music once gameplay begins. If you do, then adjust the volume sliders from that point until it's a comfortable volume.

If you hear nothing on max volume, try adding a .wav format music file to the playlist, since wav files don't require any codec support. You can find the Cricket.wav file in the "Age of Empires II\Sound\terrain" folder to test with. If the wav file plays, then you may need to install DirectShow codecs for your other file types. Many music players, like Media Player Classic, embed codecs inside themselves, so it may seem like the codecs are installed on the system when they aren't.

If you don't hear even the Cricket.wav file, it may be the whole "running the game as admin" or "not running as admin" thing because of the "Compatibility Files" system in Windows Vista and later.

If you need further assistance, we can try stuff directly by borrowing the aofe live support chat:
http://forgottenempires.net/live-support/

Thanks alot mate. Setting the playlist up via 'FixAoFE.exe' worked perfectly. Obviously, I got the location wrong and that was the issue. Even the slider in-game seems to work great. I can adjust the music level to my liking now, too. With playing music of the CD it was always too loud or completely turned off. :)
 Hippox

Postby  scripter64 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Great :D
 scripter64

Return to General AoFE Discussion