Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

Masters of Arena 5

Battle of Africa

The Legacy Cup 2

Recurring Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (22)
»  Ator
»  htc
»  Xtasy
Guests (104)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

AoE2HD: The Forgotten | Official Balance Discussion

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: AoE2HD: The Forgotten | Official Balance Discussion

Postby  Jaydev » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:32 pm

@UpperKEES
:?:
 Jaydev

Postby  UpperKEES » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:40 pm

19 Nov 2013, 13:32 GMT » Jaydev wrote:
@UpperKEES
:?:

Whether we state it in one way or another, our conclusion is the same: good play is about dealing with scarceness. (And thinking about this will make you a better player.)

Whether you have more options to choose from or less, differs on how you look at it. When I have plenty of resources, I just buy every applicable tech I can afford (without even thinking). I see your point though viewing it as a luxury problem.
 UpperKEES

Postby  Jaydev » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:58 pm

^^
Yes,you learn to make the right decisions for techs rather than being spoilt and researching all of them and ending up not having resources for units.
 Jaydev

Postby  stian » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 pm

May I suggest reducing the cost of tarkans slightly (to say 50 gold, or 50/50 gold/food?), they are still a terrible choice compare to just going knights (remember, with knights you save the 650 stone, and the tech if you plan to mass tarkans from stables). Perhaps also give them somewhat equal speed to cav archers (I think they are slower), and it could be very viable to go fc -> tarkans, even against cav archers (they still lose to knights).
 stian

Postby  Promiskuitiv » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:02 pm

03 Apr 2014, 14:33 GMT » stian wrote:
May I suggest reducing the cost of tarkans slightly (to say 50 gold, or 50/50 gold/food?), they are still a terrible choice compare to just going knights (remember, with knights you save the 650 stone, and the tech if you plan to mass tarkans from stables). Perhaps also give them somewhat equal speed to cav archers (I think they are slower), and it could be very viable to go fc -> tarkans, even against cav archers (they still lose to knights).

Well you have to keep in mind that they would be ridiculously overpowered if they would also fare well in battle, since they're already a fast raid unit which can raze a castle or a town-center in seconds (if massed). This is of course not always doable (depending on the location of the enemy army) and not always optimal, but they have their niche.
Almost unrelated: With the expansion the non-elite Tarkan also has 10hp more than in the standard game, but even without that they'd have their (niche) spot.
And you also have to consider the hun strength - which is already strong - if you improve Tarkans even more. Realistically you would have to remove power from the huns elsewhere.
So in my opinion, all things considered, they're definitely in an acceptable spot right now.
 Promiskuitiv

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Sky95 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 pm

06 Apr 2014, 21:02 GMT » Promiskuitiv wrote:

Well you have to keep in mind that they would be ridiculously overpowered if they would also fare well in battle, since they're already a fast raid unit which can raze a castle or a town-center in seconds (if massed). This is of course not always doable (depending on the location of the enemy army) and not always optimal, but they have their niche.
Almost unrelated: With the expansion the non-elite Tarkan also has 10hp more than in the standard game, but even without that they'd have their (niche) spot.
And you also have to consider the hun strength - which is already strong - if you improve Tarkans even more. Realistically you would have to remove power from the huns elsewhere.
So in my opinion, all things considered, they're definitely in an acceptable spot right now.

if knt are massed, they can raze tcs also, but the main thing imho is, that you can upgrade them to elite, which makes them really strong, so if you would make them stronger the upgrade wouldnt be needed.
<[TyRanT]RD_ChampioN would like to be your friend. Anfrage akzeptieren>
 Sky95

1602 (51%)

Postby  Caledor » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:37 am

A bit off topic but did you all already know that Spanish Mayans and Huns basic monks have a higher "faith recharging rate" than all the other civs? they recharge 2 pps while all the others just 1,6 and it's been like this since the conquerors. :?

Also, two minor notes: while EMangs and Ejans projectile graphic displacement bugs have been fixed in The Forgotten, i noticed that EMamelukes are still affected by that. And the Condottiero is the only infantry unit in the game that has no bonus whatsoever vs Eagle Warriors.
 Caledor

Postby  Richard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 pm

23 Jul 2014, 01:37 GMT » Caledor wrote:
A bit off topic but did you all already know that Spanish Mayans and Huns basic monks have a higher "faith recharging rate" than all the other civs? they recharge 2 pps while all the others just 1,6 and it's been like this since the conquerors. :?

Also, two minor notes: while EMangs and Ejans projectile graphic displacement bugs have been fixed in The Forgotten, i noticed that EMamelukes are still affected by that. And the Condottiero is the only infantry unit in the game that has no bonus whatsoever vs Eagle Warriors.

We will look into it, thx for letting us know.
 Richard
AoFE developer

1627 (50%)

Postby  Fall » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Tarkans are already very strong and their use is on the rise in expert games. You have to bear in mind the situation where they are intended to be used - to deal severe damage in early imperial against the typical CA/skirm/mangonel/ram compositions of castle age huns. With tarkans you just hit elite and +4 and you're good to go, whereas you have to wait much longer before you can trade effectively with knights.
01:09:40 [TIC]darvoi: i will land my island
 Fall

Postby  Caledor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Edit: Kamayuks too have no bonuses against Eagles
 Caledor

PreviousNext

Return to General AoFE Discussion