Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (19)
»  650r
»  ACCM
Guests (105)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Where are all AoFE players?

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Where are all AoFE players?

Postby  predator145 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Doesn't explain why most over 1.6k even in GR don't play AOFE. People don't play exclusively on one server.

GR now is supposed to be the place to get FE games since it's dead on voobly. Yet it would be near impossible to find 1.6k or above games in it. Most of the "no noobs" room are at 1.5k- 1.6k. For a 1.7k and above it's near impossible to find equally rated competition.

The better players on GR all play 1.0c. A 1.0c "no noobs" room fills up a lot quicker than an AOFE room. One has to wonder why players that have reached a certain level do not bother with the game.

One of the reason is it's too time consuming to find FE games. But that reason stems from that fact that a good chunk don't want to play to begin with, giving those wanting to play a hard time finding games.

Instead of not taking any fault and blaming voobly, devs should try figuring out what drives players who have taken time to learn the game away. Voobly is mostly volunteer run, just like AOFE it's community based effort.

Sure, there were some circumstances beyond the devs' control. Yet it does not explain the complete lack of participation from most 1.7k and above. Yes, some people are too dumb to dload the thing. Many are too lazy to adapt to new changes. But my theory is that some of the changes viscerally upset them. That one change that you don't agree with that just ruins the rest for ya. I think many players have at least one pet peeve change with AOFE.

Imagine if AOFE actually gives franks free bloodlines and axemem +4 attack against kts 11. I for one will tell you that I would rather stick with aoc, despite the other good changes.
Last edited by  predator145 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 predator145

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Franks just get bloodlines, not for free. And it's not +4, it's +2 when Franks are teaming with a Viking player.
 Philippe le Bon

1428 (36%)

Postby  Aguruchi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:48 pm

@ Genette.

Be my guest.
"I know only one thing. That I know nothing.''
Socrates. 2,5 milleniums ago.
 Aguruchi

Postby  Timotheus_ » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Prod + me will try to get games going every now and then (we hosting a room atm) but when we wo it would be real nice to see those interested joining :)
I played few games in npl and it's quite good. But some games new players gets in and ruins game.
"['Indian']PrIMeZ
Problem with NPL in a nutshell 1111111
 Timotheus_

2083 (50%)

Previous

Return to General AoFE Discussion