Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (54)
»  [x]
»  _4u_
»  ACCM
»  Gango
»  Hico
»  Smi
»  Zoso
Guests (128)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Suggestion to UP 1.5

Discussion related to Random Map games
Advertisement from Google 

Suggestion to UP 1.5

Postby  SouFire » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 am

Have you been getting more and more ugly maps, with hills in almost every single resource?

Have you been getting more lakes than wood spots in arabia?

Have you noticed that sheep's spawn now even farther than before or well at the very edge of his limits?

Have you been getting wood so far that you actually have to do more suicidal attacks due to wood distance?

If you have been experiencing some of those very often then i think the problem is this:
-Each map script generates 4,294,967,296 unique maps from 32,768 in v1.0c.

i don't know guys but getting the same map from 1 to thousand games wasn't so bad, since the release of the beta i have been struggling with every single map, i am a very unlucky player im aware of that, but now im more worried in the map than in my enemies, at first i thought i was the only one but i have heard several guys telling the same, i have tried to change to dry arabia but then if i get wood i lose control on gold due to hills or my stone being generated behind the woods, i know it sounds nuts but if you have been using it then you might have noticed it.

I know that in order to change that you would need to fix the scripts of every single map so instead of that what about to decrease the map scrip generation to something less exaggerated :?:
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Re: Suggestion to UP 1.5

Postby  Clemensor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 am

That change has been there since 1.4 according to UP site. So seeing a change now would be confirmation bias.
 Clemensor

Postby  Jineapple » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 pm

23 Sep 2017, 09:22 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
That change has been there since 1.4 according to UP site. So seeing a change now would be confirmation bias.

This, it's nothing new.
Play HD expansions on Voobly: https://github.com/Jineapple/WololoKingdoms
Tooltip mod for AoC: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/665/Max-Extended-Help (Available in English, German, Spanish and Italian!)
Cheat Sheet for AoC/Expansions: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548698803
 Jineapple

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Maybe a crazy suggestion or not possible, but has there been looked into moving the resource bar down (just above the command bar) as optional feature? . In very stressful situations of game I sometimes have a hard time looking at resource count while focusing what is going on the screen or minimap. Maybe even better (but technically more difficult I guess) : integrate it in command bar itself.

It would be a bit like the option of moving minimap Userpatch introduced, which really helped me a lot.

It's totally not essential but it would be a nice feature.
 asdfasdfasdf1

Postby  scripter64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm

The rms generator isn't different in any significant way because of the additional map seeds. It remains the same since UP v1.2 Beta. If you're playing wololo, though, some of the standard map scripts may have been changed by HD, I believe, so that may be something to consider. For resource bar customization, the voobly client could maybe offer those options from the game room like their command bar position options. Maybe post a suggestion on their forum.
 scripter64

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  SouFire » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 am

If thats so then im am losing my mind, i used to get 6/10 bad resource spawn with 1.4 rc and now its 10/10 andyeah i noticed that while using Wk the maps have changed, they fixed salt marsh.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Return to Random Map Discussion