Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

WK wall building bug

Discussion related to Random Map games
Advertisement from Google 

Re: WK wall building bug

Postby  SobeK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 pm

25 Jan 2018, 20:31 GMT » TriRem wrote:
If anyone has a rec of this happening it would be very appreciated, I will try to look into it or pass it on to the UP team.

I went to the recorded game and restore it so i could took some screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/8iTpx

The rec can be find here: http://www.voobly.com/match/view/17117737 it was played with the version before 5.7.
<[AOEESP]NackoHD_Fan> sobek te paso a mi hermana pake le hagas otro wn weno pal age
 SobeK

Postby  TriRem » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Ok I've found what the issue is. It's not a WK bug, more a AoC bug with how the game handles diagonal walls. Basically one of the enemy scouts was overlapping a bit on the tile, making it impossible to build. Nothing that can be done about it unfortunately, sorry.
 TriRem

Postby  nimanoe » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 pm

25 Jan 2018, 21:26 GMT » TriRem wrote:
Ok I've found what the issue is. It's not a WK bug, more a AoC bug with how the game handles diagonal walls. Basically one of the enemy scouts was overlapping a bit on the tile, making it impossible to build. Nothing that can be done about it unfortunately, sorry.

So this has been in the game forever? How do we only find out about this after almost 20 years? 11
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1513 (45%)

Postby  TriRem » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Probably because people aren't usually looking for bugs and just dismissed it as a glitch, while now they are looking for it and reporting it. Kind of a confirmation bias imo.
 TriRem

Postby  Poxo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Well I guess is the same as attackign through palisades sometimes, it's weird but it has happened for a long time.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (47%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  SobeK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 am

I knew about the attacking through palisades but not about this diagonal walls bug. Thanks for the answer!
<[AOEESP]NackoHD_Fan> sobek te paso a mi hermana pake le hagas otro wn weno pal age
 SobeK

Postby  _KAMI » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 am

25 Jan 2018, 23:08 GMT » SobeK wrote:

I knew about the attacking through palisades but not about this diagonal walls bug. Thanks for the answer!

the attacking through walls is caused by diagonal walls bug... with straight walls you can't do it... seems like the same bug with this one
 _KAMI

1700 (54%)

Previous

Return to Random Map Discussion