Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Which strategy BO to choose when and why?

Discussion related to Random Map games
Advertisement from Google 

Which strategy BO to choose when and why?

Postby  Tuang » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi, I'm asking mostly for TG Arabia as flank. There are many different BO such as scout rush, flush, M@a flush, drush fc, fwd etc. I know it'll mainly depends on the your and your enemy's map (let's ignore civs for now). I know basics like when you have easy-to-wall map, you should drush fc, and when you have open map, you should flush (correct me if I'm wrong). But I would like to know more about things like when you should make militia to archers or just pure archers. Can someone give me a general explanation of which strategy BO to choose when and why? (Regardless of civ) Thank you.
 Tuang

Re: Which strategy BO to choose when and why?

Postby  i_no_english » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

I think it mostly depends on the position of your gold. If you go straight flush with forward gold and you are facing m@a + towers it's gonna be a very rough game. In those kind of positions I like to start with m@a first and then I am flexible if I want to go skirms, archers, walls or more m@a. Also it depends on the position of players. The less walking distance, the better it is to go m@a. Another important factor is enemy map. If he has a close map where he can easily make some walls to tc to defend vs drush/m@a/scouts its usually not a good idea to go m@a. Your enemy will start archer production much faster and you will be behind in archers numbers. Same thing applies the other way around of course, if you have that kind of map, it might be better to straight archers.
 i_no_english

Postby  Tuang » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 am

Thank you. This already helps me a lot.
 Tuang

Postby  IvIaximus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 am

Most important factor to me is civ. You try to play your civ advantages and use opponent civ disadvantages. Second factor is map. Sometimes map allows your civ to shine in situation they usually suck. Third most important factor to me is my preference. There are thing that I am comfortable with and that I am not. Eg. I rarely trush even with civs like Korea or Teuton simply cuz I suck at trushing. Same goes for forward. Those three factors are taken into account and decision is made upon them.
In TG it is little different. There is pocket that has to be taken into account.
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
---
[19:10]<BielySokol>What happen?
[19:15]<+[ByT]Poxo> sorry, **** up start and cat starting throwing up in the table
---
[17:01] +[_SY_]Fengxin_ says:
wp maya
 IvIaximus

2000 (55%)

Return to Random Map Discussion